General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

No Power to A/C Compressor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation No Power to A/C Compressor

Hi Everyone i'm new to the forum. I have an a/c problem...no power getting to compressor. The compressor works and the system is fully charged (jumped it to check) and working. My mechanic is lost on this...He says he only found one fuse for the a/c near the battery. Are there some relays that we might be missing? Would appreciate any help...I used to do my own work but am going thru health issues at the moment that prevent me from working on the car. I live in Austin TX, if some one could make a refferral of a "Wrench" they have been happy with that would be really cool. The radio , c/d player and all steering wheel switches work fine, as well as the ventilation system. I'm just curious where the originating source of power is for the compressor. Or has anyone just put a switch in place to turn the compressor off and on?

2004 G-35 Mt6 Sedan

Lost in the Woods!

Old 06-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am having the same problem & by the date you posted & the lack of answers I am guessing I will not find out the answer here, just people giving worthless answers like "does it have freon in it" & "where did you get the compressor from, they are rare" Really??? I will post when I figure it out, I WILL figure it out!

Old 06-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Mine was the pressure switch wires on the condenser on the passenger side, the wires had worn thin, wiggled them a little & compressor came on. Hope this helps!

Old 06-22-2012, 03:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Where did you jump it to make the compressor come on?

Old 06-23-2012, 12:23 AM
I just put power from the battery to the coil wire (it is the wire that goes behind the compressor pulley) while the car was running to see if it would kick on.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the relay work? Check the constant power to your relay and signal power to relay. If theres power to your relay, jump the relay pins (power to load side) if the compressor clutch egages, remove the jumper and check the ground pin of the relay. If no ground then fix the ground side if there is ground try replacing the relay.

Old 11-13-2012, 12:29 PM
Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm in this same boat. I jumped my compressor, and it cycled the refridgerant through that I put in with the Dye. I can't locate a leak anywhere, and I can't figure out why the compressor isn't kicking in on it's own. Does anyone know what controls the compressor? Is there a sensor or switch inline that may go bad that requires servicing that may control the compressor?

Old 11-13-2012, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by importroller
I'm in this same boat. I jumped my compressor, and it cycled the refridgerant through that I put in with the Dye. I can't locate a leak anywhere, and I can't figure out why the compressor isn't kicking in on it's own. Does anyone know what controls the compressor? Is there a sensor or switch inline that may go bad that requires servicing that may control the compressor?
On mine it was my pressure switch, it is located on the passenger side on top of the ac condenser, mine would actually kick on & off when I would wiggle the wires to the plug

Old 11-14-2012, 01:19 PM
i can't find a pressure switch at the parts store. I'm guessing its a dealer part. Closest thing I found was a coolant temp sensor which looks a lot like the pressure sensor

Old 11-15-2012, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by importroller
i can't find a pressure switch at the parts store. I'm guessing its a dealer part. Closest thing I found was a coolant temp sensor which looks a lot like the pressure sensor
I got mine off ebay, part # 92136-1FAOA it is a Nissan part

Old 11-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I'll search the part number. When i originally checked ebay, i couldn't find one.

edit: just tried the part number, no luck

Old 11-16-2012, 03:24 PM
ok, new search on ebay just for Nissan AC Sensor did pull up some. But i think I may have found one locally for $30 at rising sun autoparts.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:25 AM
This sucks. Replaced the sensor, immediately the fans kicked in, recharged the system by jumping the compressor to get things cycled through, cold air slowly started blowing. But even I reconnected the wire from the car back to the compressor, it wouldn't turn on. Any ideas of what else may control the compressor turning on?

Old 08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
did any figure this out was a relay ? mine had same problem , mechanic the wires had no power from the plug to the compressor ... not trying to thread jack lol

Old 08-16-2013, 06:42 PM
god i reaslly need to re read when i type lol "Did anyone figure this out , was it a relay ? ,mine has the same problem , mechanic said it has no power from plug to compressor.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Power to A/C Compressor