General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

04 G35, Heat Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turns out mine was blown head gasket the guy who did all the mods on my car f**ked it up like I said my car only has 20k on it! fml!

Old 05-21-2012, 08:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn that totally sucks bro. Sorry to hear that for reals. How is the car now? How much is it to replace a head gasket?

Old 11-26-2012, 04:31 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Z1Motorsports
It was definitely air in the system, most non VQ oriented mechanics do not know how to properly bleed our coolant system.
  1. Elevate the front of the car (where radiator cap is highest point in the system), Top off radiator and coolant reservoir
  2. Start the car
  3. Turn the Heat on 90* and fans on high
  4. Let it idle until operating temp is reached
  5. Rev the car to ~3k rpm and hold for 10 secs
  6. Let the car idle for a couple seconds
  7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 4-5 times
  8. Turn off the car
  9. Place a fan in front of the car and allow it to cool completely down to ambient temp
  10. Check reservoir and Radiator level, add if necessary
  11. Repeat Steps 2-9 until you no longer have to add Coolant and your heat is Hot

*Warning: If temp gauge begins to quickly climb immediately shut the car off, let it cool to ambient temp and check fluids.
**Perform at your own risk, It is highly recommended for a professional familiar with the platform to perform this task.

-Rob
Rob,

Our '04 FI G35 is a recent purchase but had a Mishimoto dual core radiator installed at some point so the cooling system has been opened. The heater has never worked for us. Recently I had the car up on jacks installing a BBK and when I drove it immediately after, the engine temp gauge was all over the place (mostly hot). All I could figure (since I didn't open the cooling system) was that an air pocket moved from the heater core to the head.

After reading your instructions above, I went through the process and found a huge air bubble in the cooling system. When I opened the bleed valve (with the radiator full), there was nothing but air in that hose going to the heater core. I ran through your process and after repeating steps 5-6 a few times, the G finally has heat...but only when the engine is above 2k rpm. If you sit at a light idling for 30 seconds....the air gets cold again. I apparently have more air to chase.

I just ordered a Lisle Spill Free funnel which will be here tomorrow. With that, I should be able to get the rest of the air out of the system. What a pain.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does it have to be a Lisle or can it be this one....http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...t=C0166...????

Old 12-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Prince B
Does it have to be a Lisle or can it be this one....http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...t=C0166...????
That might work if it makes a tight seal in the radiator filler, however I wouldn't personally trust it. The Lisle design is much better.