General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

running rich

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2012 | 02:03 AM
|
running rich

so my car is running extremly rich the exhaust tips are literally a powdery black have no idea wjat the hell it could be ses light is on checked the codes cam positioning censors amd crank censor is what its giving me could that be causing the problem?

Old 11-20-2012 | 07:27 AM
What mods do you have? Naturally our cars runs slightly rich and seem to produce good amount of carbon if modded in some vehicles. Our ecu's will adapt to engine conditions but weird that it makes it run rich. Figured it throw it in limp mode. I'd go ahead and work off those sensors then see if its better. Have u always had the problem?

Last edited by DailyDrivenCoupe; 11-20-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 11-20-2012 | 11:04 AM
|
Originally Posted by DailyDrivenCoupe
What mods do you have? Naturally our cars runs slightly rich and seem to produce good amount of carbon if modded in some vehicles. Our ecu's will adapt to engine conditions but weird that it makes it run rich. Figured it throw it in limp mode. I'd go ahead and work off those sensors then see if its better. Have u always had the problem?
i dont recall i got the car on a friday night sat morning i removed the cats lol....so im not really sure...but i dont think its the cats becasue i see that they sell test pips for these cars which are prety much like what i did i removed the cats and put straight pipe. so i dont knwo, and thats what i would assume that the car would adapt, im going to get the sensors and see if that helps i just wanted to see if those sensors is whats causing it. im a total newb to these cars so that doesnt help lol

Old 11-20-2012 | 12:16 PM
you are going to see a little more of the black carbon in the exhaust then without any cats on. i see this on my car even with high flow cats on. it might actually have more to do with that then the sensors at all. however if throwing the cam sensors and crank sensor code definately get those worked on as well