General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

car wont start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car wont start

Had an alarm with remote start (viper 5704)installed recently and everything worked fine with it, but the other day I tried remote starting and it didnt work so I got in and tried using key but it didnt work either. I have power and everything but it wont crank or nothing, not even a clicking noise. I have done the following so far and am out of ideas, removed remote start and alarm, charged battery, changed starter, checked fuses everything looked fine, jumped the clutch switch but none of them have fixed the problem. What else could it be?

Old 07-08-2014, 05:53 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 05g356spd
Had an alarm with remote start (viper 5704)installed recently and everything worked fine with it, but the other day I tried remote starting and it didnt work so I got in and tried using key but it didnt work either. I have power and everything but it wont crank or nothing, not even a clicking noise. I have done the following so far and am out of ideas, removed remote start and alarm, charged battery, changed starter, checked fuses everything looked fine, jumped the clutch switch but none of them have fixed the problem. What else could it be?
I have thread on this site about my no start problem(no click) I fixed it orig by disconnecting battery for an hour.. the gremlins are now back. will not start with key. must get out of car, point fob at car click arm, then click open...now works for me but pia

Old 07-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our cars not starting seems to be a more and more common occurrence. The computers on our cars are finicky little bitches. There are stories of people installing alarms, audio system, ect... and having the same problem. My thread on here might help you out. I would start by making sure your G is not in "lock down" mode. If your cars red security light is steady red when the ignition is in the "ON" position that is your first clue. It does this when an unregistered key trys to start the car. If your key loses programming and you attempt to turn the car on then BAM! your ****ed. Hopefully all you need to do to get it out of lock down mode is trying this procedure:
-turn ignition switch to "on" position for 5 seconds
-turn ignition switch to "off" position for 10 seconds
-repeat 2 more times
-try and start the car
Also check to make sure your FOB is in fact still programmed by trying to unlock/lock your doors with it.
Note: my car DID crank but would not catch, others seem to experience this issue with or without the car cranking. Possible culprits could be the Body Control Module(BCM), Engine Control Module (ECM)or the Nissan Anti Theft System (NATS) / IVIS Antenna. I hope it is not any of these parts because they are expensive.

Last edited by specialEd333; 07-10-2014 at 02:06 PM. Reason: spelling