General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

G35 Coupe TPMS & Brake light problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2014, 07:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 Coupe TPMS & Brake light problem

First off, not sure I'm in the right section for this question.....

I've got a 2006 G35 coupe base model that is giving some problems.

1) the tpms light will not reset. Had one bad sensor, replaced that, and tried the poor mans method to doing the rest, no luck. Took it tire kingdom and they said it reset--not, took to goodyear and they tried but said their stuff couldn't fix, took to Firestone where they used some decent OBD reader(s) and reset electronics to try it but they say there is no communication from the sensors to the keyless/tpms receiver controller. They did verify that all the sensors were good and sending a signal. I replaced the keyless/tpms receiver and took back to Firestone....no dice, still no comm. is this an OBD issue? Check fuses in all three locations and no problems. No problems with anything else in the car, everything OEM. What to do next?

2) Today I notice the third brake light (car has no spoiler) is not "on" when my wife pulls out the driveway. A hear these often go bad. So I go to check tonight, i open the door, rig a stick to push the brake pedal and the light is on....after the driver door shuts, the brake light goes off. What?? Crazy? This was replicated several times...so not a short. Anyone ever heard of this craziness.

I am very knowledgable on automobiles and can do the basics mechanically and electrically....but I'm out of guesses...

HELP!!! (Before I have to go to stealership). Thanks

Old 10-01-2014, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Think I have one part figured out. Got in the car in the drive way closed doors and cranked up. With Foot on brake, I can see the 3rd light comes on...I also notice a distinctive "click" by my foot each time I push the brake. I back out the drive, put in gear and now I can see the the 3rd brake light come on, but much brighter now...pull back in the driveway, push brake pedal a few times...no clicking...and light is. Right....90% sure now that it is a brake light switch issue.

I saw there was a recall on these but can't find where my 2006 coupe was included.
Think the dealer will replace as recall item ???

So now....anyone have any ideas on the TPMS matter.