General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

New head unit, now electrical problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2015, 08:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New head unit, now electrical problems

Hello everyone,

I'm new here, but have followed these forums for a while now.

So, here's my problem. I have a 03 Coupe with the Bose system. I replaced the HU with an Android unit. Everything went well except the turn signals stopped clicking, no sound, but they still work. Also, at one point during the install I blew a fuse somehow, and the dash lights went out. I replaced the fuse and that problem was fixed.

Since the initial HU install, I decided to bypass the Bose amp. I got this done and the stereo is working fine. However now, some problems have appeared.

(1) CEL came on.
(2) Trip odometer resets to 0 every time I shut off the car.
(3) Turn signals still silent, but work.
(4) Clock stopped working

Here is what my Torque scan revealed. It seems unlikely that my 02 sensors died simultaneously.

Fault log report generated by Torque for Android ================================================= Vehicle VIN: Not present Vehicle Manufacturer: Unknown Vehicle Calibration ID: Not present Current Fault Log ------------------ P0031: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 1) P0051: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 2 Sensor 1) P0037: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 1 Sensor 2) P0057: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (Bank 2 Sensor 2) Pending Fault Log ------------------ ECU reports no pending faults Historic Fault Log ------------------ ECU reports no historic faults Other discovered fault codes (possibly pending, current or manufacturer specific) ---------------------------------------------------- ECU reports no other fault codes logged End of report.

I am guessing the stereo install and the CEL may be related somehow. As a side note, I had disconnected and reconnected the battery several times during this install.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited by aap643; 06-17-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: Added problem