General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Emergency! Need help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 02:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emergency! Need help ASAP!

I got off of work today, park my car and went into my home. I hung out for about an hour then took a shower and was getting ready to go out and meet a friend. When I went down to the street to unlock my car with my keyless entry, nothing happened. I got my back up keyless entry and same thing. It won't unlock, lock, alarm or anything! I was able manually unlock my car, but the engine will not start at all! I tried swapping batteries in keyless entries to no avail. It's like my car is under a security lockdown or something and I am freaking out as it is now sunday and the Infiniti dealership will he closed. I tried the reset tip found here:
https://g35driver.com/forums/general-tech-questions/381867-2006-g35-keyless-problem.html
to no avail. There's no lights in dash, and the manual trunk release won't even work! I know my starter, battery and alternator are all good... What do I do? Is the dealer the only one that can fix this?? I'm freaking out big time since this happened completely at random.

Last edited by Grezza; 05-07-2017 at 03:01 AM. Reason: Spelling/grammar
Old 05-07-2017, 11:21 AM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by Grezza
There's no lights in dash, and the manual trunk release won't even work! I know my starter, battery and alternator are all good... What do I do? Is the dealer the only one that can fix this?? I'm freaking out big time since this happened completely at random.
Remain calm.
Do some logical troubleshooting

How old is your battery?
How do you know your battery is good?
Did you try jumper cables?
Test all six of your battery cells with a battery hydrometer.
Are the battery cables tight and free of corrosion?

Name:  MyPictures102409006.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  84.5 KB

After jump starting

Measure your alternator output voltage with a multimeter

Name:  Alternator%20Voltage_4963_zpsgb6ckfu2.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  95.4 KB

Telcoman

Old 05-07-2017, 12:17 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I don't recall ever hearing someone with a dead battery having zero response from everything electronic! Sounds more like a cable issue, where there is no contact! This is the reason I've had the Auto Club for emergency backup since my radiator exploded on my previous car going to Vegas!
Gary

Old 05-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 196 Likes on 177 Posts
Front and rear cameras, tire pressure for all four tires can display on screen,folding side view mir
Originally Posted by gary c
I don't recall ever hearing someone with a dead battery having zero response from everything electronic! Sounds more like a cable issue, where there is no contact! This is the reason I've had the Auto Club for emergency backup since my radiator exploded on my previous car going to Vegas!
Gary
IMHO everyone should have AAA for any emergencies. They will provide up to 200 miles of free towing on a flatbed truck if necessary and provide a battery replacement as well as emergency gas should that ever become necessary. Also on a breakdown on certain toll roads you must use a tow service under contract that will only tow you to the nearest exit. You then must get another tow service. With a AAA membership all of that is covered.

Telcoman

Old 05-07-2017, 11:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Update: soooooo, it was the battery. Tried a jump pack and it didn't have enough so my brother gave me a jump. We then removed some speaker wire that the previous owner had running through from near the battery to the trunk, in case it was somehow draining it. Unfortunately, after it sat for 20 minutes, it wouldn't start again - everything completely dead, including the keyless entry. Got another jump and replaced the battery. All good so far, however I'm going to have a friend that works for Infiniti check the alternator, make sure there's no voltage drop and check for any parasitic drain (no interior or exterior lights or anything were left on when the battery died). He's replacing the ac compressor anyway. Took her for a celebratory bath after 😁

Old 05-08-2017, 12:03 AM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Grezza
Update: soooooo, it was the battery. Tried a jump pack and it didn't have enough so my brother gave me a jump. We then removed some speaker wire that the previous owner had running through from near the battery to the trunk, in case it was somehow draining it. Unfortunately, after it sat for 20 minutes, it wouldn't start again - everything completely dead, including the keyless entry. Got another jump and replaced the battery. All good so far, however I'm going to have a friend that works for Infiniti check the alternator, make sure there's no voltage drop and check for any parasitic drain (no interior or exterior lights or anything were left on when the battery died). He's replacing the ac compressor anyway. Took her for a celebratory bath after 😁
Man, that thing would look so good if you got yer headlights restored.

Old 05-08-2017, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,019 Likes on 937 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Man, that thing would look so good if you got yer headlights restored.
Just like my old sedan .

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.