General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Odd Window Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 08:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
G35 Coupe
Odd Window Issue

ok when I use the key fob unlock method for lowering the windows in my 05 g35
both windows go down but when you open the drivers door and then close it the window goes up
the passanger door window stays down when you open and close it...
even the guys at the infiniti dealership in Kansas City didn't have an answer...

Old 12-31-2017, 11:28 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Sounds like the motor is going out. You "program" the motor itself for the auto up/down feature and as the track and motor wears out the original calibration doesn't really work anymore. You can try to recalibrate it yourself which is fairly simple, remove the door panel, there is a little circle "window" that you reach into and push a rubber button on the motor itself while you roll the window back up manually "without using the auto-up function". I did this a couple times on mine before the motor failed completely and needed to be replaced so it's more of a band-aid fix but it will probably work.

This thread has good pictures to remove the door panel, takes about 30 seconds once you know how.

https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...l-removal.html

If you scroll down to the photos of the inner door panel you see a few "black textured looking round stickers" in various places on the metal inner panel, behind one of them at the bottom is the recalibration button. See post #12 by EPiK who has taken excellent pictures of exactly where it's located.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...ml#post7025369

The reset procedure itself is lined out here, very simple, just pay attention to not using the auto up/down functions. You may have to do the recalibration multiple times to get it to finally work and that button needs to be depressed HARD, you will not feel a tactile "click".

http://infinitihelp.com/diy/gcoupe/p..._procedure.php

The following users liked this post:
cyncrvr (01-01-2018)
Old 01-01-2018, 11:41 AM
G35 Coupe
cleric670@gmail
Doh!!! have to admit I didn't think to do a search on this after what the dealership told me the other day - thank you for your help

I told the guys at the dealership that I thought it was a precursor to the motor failing and asked if there was a way to check or reset the programming of the windows and they told me they didn't know what was wrong and that the windows can't be programmed...

looks like another fun day of tinkering with the G when it warms up... damn I miss having a garage...

Old 01-01-2018, 12:18 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,457 Likes on 2,151 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
The window isn't programmed through their dealership Consult-II software but any Nissan/Infiniti tech SHOULD be aware of the window motor calibration process. It quick though and you really don't need to wait for warm weather if you don't want.

I could go out on my vehicle right now and be done with the entire process start to finish including removal+install of the door panel in under 2 minutes if I was going for speed. I think it took me 15min the first time I did it because I wasn't totally familiar with how stiff that motor button is and it took me 3 tries to get it right.

​​​​​

Old 01-01-2018, 06:28 PM
G35 Coupe
ummm temp here at 8am was -8 with wind chill of -20...
it can wait for a warmer day... lolz i'm a *****