General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Alarm/auto starter installer messed up my wife's g35.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2019, 02:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe
Alarm/auto starter installer messed up my wife's g35.

Got this car for my wife was running fine and wanted a alarm/auto starter added to the car, took it to a alarm dealer ideal car audio and alarm, paid 500 for the services and not even an hour later the tech calls me and claimed to put wrong key in and the car went into lock mode. All the ***** did was say he was sorry and had to get car towed to Infiniti to get it out of lock mode. Infiniti couldn't do it a d wanted 3000 to fix the car more than what I paid for it, refused and had it towed to home. Got two different locksmiths to look at the car first one got me to change bcm cause it was blown, couldn't connect to add key, got bcm and second locksmith forced it to start but told me sence the red light dosent come on there is a short and the car will go into lock mode, what could have happened when alarm guy got into the wires, got me to replace ecm and still no success. Sorry for the long story but just want to know is it worth it to pay for a electrical mechanic for a chance to get car started or do I have a case to take the SOB to court with no refund I might add.

Old 04-09-2019, 03:29 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
Lock mode is reset by putting the correct key in the ignition, turn ignition on for 5 seconds, off for 5 seconds, on for 5 seconds, off for 5 seconds, on for 5 seconds, off for 5 seconds.

Basically 3 cycles of on/off. Super easy to fix.

Who replaced your BCM, it MUST be paired to the ECM when you install a new one, it requires the dealership Consult-III tool or NDS2 or 3 to do this. They are NOT simply plug-n-play.

I recommend towing the vehicle to Nissan for a diagnostic, then send the installer the bill as well as demand a refund for the money already in the car.

If not then sue it out of him, document everything, keep all the paperwork, voicemails, texts, any and all correspondence with them. You will need it in court to verify all claims against them.

Let Nissan fix the problem then take it to a REPUTABLE installer for the stuff you want to add.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe

Yeah when I replaces the bcm the second locksmith had the tool needed to pair to my old ecm, he got it started but it was a force start he claimed if it doesn't start after the 4th start it will just go back to not starting but when I got the new ecm he said if the red light next to the clock the security light dosent turn on or flash than it is a short in the wire from the bcm to the ecm and so on. I will probably contact a new locksmith cause Nissan in Texas will not work on this car I would have to tow to Infiniti and the closest 1 is a couple hundred miles away not worth the tow. I'm still preparing to take him to court but he hasn't been at his shop lately and I think he closed it down but I still have his info.Show quoted text

Address not found

Your message wasn't delivered to noreply@g35driver.com because the address couldn't be found, or is unable to receive mail.

LEARN MORE

The response was:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at https://support.google.com/mail/?p=NoSuchUserx14sor7209254eds.3 - gsmtp

---------- Forwarded message ----------
To: "G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion" <noreply@g35driver.com>
Cc:
Bcc:
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2019 15:08:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Reply to thread 'Alarm/auto starter installer messed up my wife's g35.'The first locksmith did that and charged me and told me to replace the bcm, and when I replaced the bcm the second locksmith had the tool needed to pair to my old ecm, he got it started but it was a force start he claimed if it doesn't start after the 4th start it will just go back to not starting but when I got the new ecm he said if the red light next to the clock the security light dosent turn on or flash than it is a short in the wire from the bcm to the ecm and so on. I will probably contact a new locksmith cause Nissan in Texas will not work on this car I would have to tow to Infiniti and the closest 1 is a couple hundred miles away not worth the tow.

Old 04-10-2019, 02:26 AM
Received 372 Likes on 339 Posts
Thats why I never let anyone work on my car.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,018 Likes on 936 Posts
Originally Posted by Scorpi0
Thats why I never let anyone work on my car.
**** happens. This is why you only go to shops with insurance. So you don't get stuck with the bill. I had to tinting done at a shade tree, he did an awesome job on the tint, but unfortunately a lot of the water he sprayed leaked down into the stereo area and ruined the car stereo. The money I saved there cost me after the fact!