General Tech Questions This Forum is Only for Questions and Posts that Do Not fit under the other Tech categories.(No Classified Posts)

Engine Stall/Low Idle when in neutral

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2024 | 11:08 PM
|
G35 Coupe 6MT wrh Welded Diff, Angle kit, and other drift goodies.
Engine Stall/Low Idle when in neutral

Hello, my Infiniti has been having a recent annoying issue. It’s been super intermittent over the last year of me owning it. Occasionally when coming to a stop, as soon as i push in the clutch the RPMs drop to about maybe 100-200, then spike to 1000 for a second. Also then sometimes just stalling out immediately after. Never had any codes in system.
Another weird factor, is when this issue “intermittently” happens, I can tell it’s about to act up before it does, because whenever i shift, the car jerks aggressively, as soon as I let off the throttle, almost like it’s hitting a fuel cut? Coming to a stop thereafter, the car bogs and tries to stall. Also while turning and pushing in the clutch, my steering completely locks up to the point of being impossible to turn, but it could be caused from the engine trying to stall. Other than that, no other symptoms or issues, cruises fine, starts fine.
I first replaced the camshaft sensors (OEM) fixing the issue for a few weeks before it eventually reappeared. Then the Throttle body (OEM) which did the same. Then eventually the crankshaft sensor (OEM) 6 months ago, which fixed the issue up until a month ago. What i’ve noticed is doing an Idle relearn procedure also seems to help the issue for a few days (90% of the time). I recently got 2 new codes, but don’t think they have anything to do with anything important. P1564 (AM Steering wheel?) (U1001 Can Communication Fault) Maybe related?
I have been reading through many forums and only other thing I could think of is MAF sensor, fuel pump, or maybe a wiring issue of some sort, but i’m sick of shotgunning parts. Would love for others input or if anyone else has any experienced something similar. Thankyou.

Update - Starting to lean towards fuel pump. When going into accessory this morning, the fuel pump made a weird noise and was louder than usual. I plugged in a cheap scanner and watched the live data, and the fuel trims were erratic. Doesn’t seem like many other people have experienced my symptoms, so shotgunning another part i guess. Will update when it arrives.

Last edited by arnold_v35; 05-01-2024 at 09:56 PM.