Tanabe Medalion Touring for 07+ G35 GB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by ANMVQ
Yea I been using it forever too. I used it on my EVO and Eclipse, Intercooler piping and in take pipes LOL makes everything shine.. WOW I thought I was the only nut case that stuck their hand in the tip to clean and polish it..
Haha... Nope... guess not... I'm about as **** as you can get when it comes to my cars... I even wash the insides of my wheels and brake calipers EVERY time I wash the car. I also polished the Tanabe mufflers up again on Sunday, but I won't do that every time I wash the car.

I'm just glad to see there are others out there that are as picky as me.

I have a 1991 Porsche S2 Convertible and most people still think it's a new car. When I tell them it's almost 20 years old, no one believes me... even the original Porsche logo'd calipers get waxed every time I wax the car. LOL

Incidentally, what year Eclipse did you have? I had a 1991 Eclipse GSX for 10 years.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
I told you it was easy!! LOL... Probably the easiest mod I've ever installed... besides maybe a K&N drop-in filter.

It seems the driver's side tips on everyone's was a bit too low... must be a slight imperfection in the jig tanabe uses to make them. It's an easy fix, though, and the rest of the fitment is spot on.

It's funny you mentioned that about your wife... I've had mine on my car for a couple of weeks now and my wife still hasn't noticed yet, and she's driven in the car a couple of times with the new exhaust. She even helped me wash the car yesterday, but I made sure to do the rear myself... I'm just waiting for her to take a close look at the tips and ask WTF are those. LOL

Tanabe Medalion is definitely wife and gf friendly!!
Don't even get me started on cleaning inside the rims, I scrap my hand everytime in the rotors cleaning inside the wheel,, LOL knuckles are always sore.I don't use rim cleaner either, Dish soap FTW. . Your wife has only been in the car a few times heck my wife drives the car everday . She uses it to go to work.. I only have it on the weekends when she is bartending or working at the Bruins games..

Old 03-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just as crazy as you guys, but alas I have no hose hahaha. And i hate the snow plus salt!!

Old 03-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Don't even get me started on cleaning inside the rims, I scrap my hand everytime in the rotors cleaning inside the wheel,, LOL knuckles are always sore.I don't use rim cleaner either, Dish soap FTW. . Your wife has only been in the car a few times heck my wife drives the car everday . She uses it to go to work.. I only have it on the weekends when she is bartending or working at the Bruins games..
Haha... Yes, I know what you mean... Those damn brake shields can be sharp on the edges... It's a bonus if you have small hands... that's why I sometimes have my wife wash those areas.

We have 2 other cars (used to be 3 other cars to choose from), so we both have a couple of choices. She's been driving the truck more since we got rid of her Mazda, and if the weather's nice she'll take the convertible (although, we only put about 2500 miles on it last year).but hopefully they'll be a 370Z in her future, so we'll both have another choice soon.

What year Eclipse did you have? I had a 1991 Eclipse GSX for years and was very active in the DSM community all throughout the '90's.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
I wish I had that many cars to choose from!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM
With age comes more vehicles.... and maybe some senility too.

Old 03-09-2009, 10:32 PM
Haha... Yes, I know what you mean... Those damn brake shields can be sharp on the edges... It's a bonus if you have small hands... that's why I sometimes have my wife wash those areas.

We have 2 other cars (used to be 3 other cars to choose from), so we both have a couple of choices. She's been driving the truck more since we got rid of her Mazda, and if the weather's nice she'll take the convertible (although, we only put about 2500 miles on it last year).but hopefully they'll be a 370Z in her future, so we'll both have another choice soon.

What year Eclipse did you have? I had a 1991 Eclipse GSX for years and was very active in the DSM community all throughout the '90's.
Yea sure I'm aged, LOL, and only have one car but just bought a 4 family house..My eclipse was a 97 Gst 5 spd. Pretty modded, full suspention, 18's, an bolt on's i/h/e, an HFC, Evo 3 16g, Evo 3 o2 housing,Front mount, pump, injectors and dyno tuned. Still miss it. I still check out the DSM forums looking for a steal of a car,

Old 03-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Yea sure I'm aged, LOL, and only have one car but just bought a 4 family house..My eclipse was a 97 Gst 5 spd. Pretty modded, full suspention, 18's, an bolt on's i/h/e, an HFC, Evo 3 16g, Evo 3 o2 housing,Front mount, pump, injectors and dyno tuned. Still miss it. I still check out the DSM forums looking for a steal of a car,
Hehe... Join the club!! My fellow OCG'ers call me their "elder" member. LMAO!!

Love hearing about your Elipse... I could talk DSM's all day. I had my 1991 GSX for just over 10 years before I sold it before I moved out here to CA. It was even featured in an issue of Turbo Magazine back in 1996 - 1997. I originally put the small 16g on it back in 1992 the went to a 21g for serveral years, before getting tired of the turbo lag and ultimately settling for the big 16g from the evo. I also had full fuel control, HKS EVC, HKS VPC, HKS Cams, Unorthodox pulley's, removed balance shafts, custom front mount with Spearco core, custom exhaust manifold and downpipe with tial wastegate, full "Butcher" Exhaust with custom resonated test pipe, 720 cc RC matched injectors, custom fuel regulator, Walboro fuel pump (direct wired), custom intake with MAS removed, custom rebuilt tranny with custom shift linkage and with double synchros on 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gears, ACT clutch with aluminum flywheel, GAB / Suspension Techniques Suspenson with custom braces, and lots more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The car dynoed at 457 AWHP at 21 psi on pump gas (with the 21g)... running 27 - 28 psi on 110 octane I'm sure put me well over 500 HP. My best drag run was at the import nationals at IRP in Indy. I ran a 12.02 @ just under 120 MPH... But that was with street tires, a slipping clutch, and a crappy 60 ft time. I was able to run almost the same time with my big 16G installed and only a 116 MPH trap speed, because I pulled a 1.5 60 ft time. Plus, it was the first yellow DSM in the country! D@mn... I miss my DSM too.,,

I eventually sold it a fello DSM'er after buying an M3, and he now has it running high 9's in the 1/4... It's a trailer queen now, though, with fully stripped interior, no A/C, no stereo, etc...

FYI... If your really interested in getting another DSM... My Dad is currently selling his 1998 Talon TSI AWD. It's in excellent condition, is fully modded (running high 12's / low 13's), and has low miles... The only thing wrong with it is it needsa new transfer case... the car is driveable as is, but the transfer case makes a lot of noise. Let me know if you might be interested and I'll put you in touch with him. Car is in Indiana BTW.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:35 PM
Hehe... Join the club!! My fellow OCG'ers call me their "elder" member. LMAO!!

Love hearing about your Elipse... I could talk DSM's all day. I had my 1991 GSX for just over 10 years before I sold it before I moved out here to CA. It was even featured in an issue of Turbo Magazine back in 1996 - 1997. I originally put the small 16g on it back in 1992 the went to a 21g for serveral years, before getting tired of the turbo lag and ultimately settling for the big 16g from the evo. I also had full fuel control, HKS EVC, HKS VPC, HKS Cams, Unorthodox pulley's, removed balance shafts, custom front mount with Spearco core, custom exhaust manifold and downpipe with tial wastegate, full "Butcher" Exhaust with custom resonated test pipe, 720 cc RC matched injectors, custom fuel regulator, Walboro fuel pump (direct wired), custom intake with MAS removed, custom rebuilt tranny with custom shift linkage and with double synchros on 2nd, 3rd, & 4th gears, ACT clutch with aluminum flywheel, GAB / Suspension Techniques Suspenson with custom braces, and lots more that I'm sure I'm forgetting. The car dynoed at 457 AWHP at 21 psi on pump gas (with the 21g)... running 27 - 28 psi on 110 octane I'm sure put me well over 500 HP. My best drag run was at the import nationals at IRP in Indy. I ran a 12.02 @ just under 120 MPH... But that was with street tires, a slipping clutch, and a crappy 60 ft time. I was able to run almost the same time with my big 16G installed and only a 116 MPH trap speed, because I pulled a 1.5 60 ft time. Plus, it was the first yellow DSM in the country! D@mn... I miss my DSM too.,,

I eventually sold it a fello DSM'er after buying an M3, and he now has it running high 9's in the 1/4... It's a trailer queen now, though, with fully stripped interior, no A/C, no stereo, etc...

FYI... If your really interested in getting another DSM... My Dad is currently selling his 1998 Talon TSI AWD. It's in excellent condition, is fully modded (running high 12's / low 13's), and has low miles... The only thing wrong with it is it needsa new transfer case... the car is driveable as is, but the transfer case makes a lot of noise. Let me know if you might be interested and I'll put you in touch with him. Car is in Indiana BTW.

DAMN man!! Yea mine was slow compared yours, only 340whp. I did not have a stand alone or cams, Tuned with a AFC, Remember those.. LOL. Never track it was just a fun street car,, I did track me EVO 8 ran 11.89 at 117mph. Stock turbo, Cams, I/H/E and tune from Turbo Trix in NJ( Great guys over there). Wife made me sell it " it was too loud' . But I could talk DSM all day long, Heck my green 97 Spyder had 3 motors put in it, 1st engine I blew cyl 4, Racing with a 14b and no pump( Dummy) I was winning though, . Second was a red top for Japan Imports.com my buddy did not tighten the oil filter housing and it came of , YES recing again a M3. Needless to say motor seized thats not a good sound at 90mph.. Thrid one a put the stock bottom end( bored .20 over eagle rods and pistons) toghether with the head of the red top. Thats was perfect till a sold it to a guy on ebay.. I have had 5 DSM's and I think I miss my red GST Spyder 1st and the EVO 2nd. I am looking for another DSM but I'm looking short money 2500 or so then do some work on it my self.. Miss the bloody knuckles and the soar back, LOL

Old 03-10-2009, 03:37 PM
^sounds like you guys were having loads of fun!!! Although i'm not totally sure what you're talking about hahaha.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Oh it was fun, Just make sure you had a tool box in the car with you... LOL my intercooler pipes would blow off.. LOL I'm, sure he had some funny things happen to him too. Just make sure you have that tool box.

Old 03-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
price picked up?

Old 03-13-2009, 04:14 AM
^ FYI... I think Rick has completely sold out of these, but you may want to call him directly at 800-919-8130 to be sure.

Adrian

Old 04-07-2009, 01:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I called Rick when I ordered my front lip, he said its going to be awhile for new shipment and the price is going to be slightly more expensive...Dang it..I missed out the first group buy

But it is still a better deal compared to other price out there, about 30 to 40 Dollars cheaper.

Old 04-07-2009, 04:22 PM
Try PM'ing "aooooo" on here. He got his Tanabe Medalion from Rick, but I know he said that he might be selling it now, so he can get something louder. If you want something now, then it's worth a shot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Medalion Touring for 07+ G35 GB