Tanabe Medalion Touring for 07+ G35 GB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2009 | 09:17 AM
Why would he want something louder I think the sound is perfect only loud when its supposed to be... Ay WOT..

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:40 PM
^ I know... I don't understand either... I just installed my Berks this past weekend and now I'm almot thinking it's a little too loud. I may end up using 4 resonators instead of 2 when I have my custom mid-pipe made.

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:48 PM
Oh you got everything installed? You need to make a thread about it or something! I want to see your exhaust set up! Did you get the hissing sound when the revs drop too?

Old 04-08-2009 | 06:53 PM
yes i got mine for sale. used 2weeks or so. sold out and got a set for sale. shoot me a PM. i am willing to work on the price but no lowballing please

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Csquared
Oh you got everything installed? You need to make a thread about it or something! I want to see your exhaust set up! Did you get the hissing sound when the revs drop too?
Got the Berks installed and the Osiris reflash done. Also got my GT Spec 6-pt braces on... Just need to get my mid-pipe finished an the custom tune done and I will be all set. Once I have the full exhuast complete I will post a thread on it.

I have a very slight "sucking" sound when the revs drop quickly, just like I had before, but it's not really any more or less prominent. I also have a slight resonance, smilar to what you had, but not as pronounced. I hoping this will go away once the Berks break in... it already seems to have almot disappeared and I only have 50 - 100 miles on them so far.

All in all, the "butt dyno" says YES to a nice HP increase. The car is DEFINITELTY faster, especially in the low and mid range RPM range. We'll see what the final power gains are from the tune / berks / Tanabe once I have a chance to get back to GTM for th dyno tune, but so far the tuner is telling me I hve already gained close to 20 RWHP.

Old 04-08-2009 | 07:21 PM
Nice thanks for the update adrian, Damn maybe it's just mine then lol, I think it's my flex joint.... Can't wait till you get everything made up.

Old 04-08-2009 | 09:15 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Got the Berks installed and the Osiris reflash done. Also got my GT Spec 6-pt braces on... Just need to get my mid-pipe finished an the custom tune done and I will be all set. Once I have the full exhuast complete I will post a thread on it.

I have a very slight "sucking" sound when the revs drop quickly, just like I had before, but it's not really any more or less prominent. I also have a slight resonance, smilar to what you had, but not as pronounced. I hoping this will go away once the Berks break in... it already seems to have almot disappeared and I only have 50 - 100 miles on them so far.

All in all, the "butt dyno" says YES to a nice HP increase. The car is DEFINITELTY faster, especially in the low and mid range RPM range. We'll see what the final power gains are from the tune / berks / Tanabe once I have a chance to get back to GTM for th dyno tune, but so far the tuner is telling me I hve already gained close to 20 RWHP.
So excited! This is the setup I wanted to do as well!

Old 04-08-2009 | 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by 2GoRNot2G
Try PM'ing "aooooo" on here. He got his Tanabe Medalion from Rick, but I know he said that he might be selling it now, so he can get something louder. If you want something now, then it's worth a shot.
Yeah he wants 600 included shipping, but I also can get brand spanking new for 618 included shipping as well on one of the website.

I'm not really in a hurry unless he willing to let it go in a very good price, but thx for looking out

Old 04-08-2009 | 10:15 PM
well before he wanted 650 so he dropped it already lol. Contact Andy at Hpautoworks you might be able to get a good deal.

Old 04-09-2009 | 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by G35DekThai
So excited! This is the setup I wanted to do as well!
Nice! Well, I will definitely make sure to keep you guys updated.

I am SOOO happy with the sounds of th Tanabe with the HFC's installed. It's like a completely different exhuast. It's almost a little too loud, especially when cruising above 85 MPH on the highway, but there really isn't any drone, just the sweet music of the HR motor.

Originally Posted by G35DekThai
Yeah he wants 600 included shipping, but I also can get brand spanking new for 618 included shipping as well on one of the website.

I'm not really in a hurry unless he willing to let it go in a very good price, but thx for looking out
I'd try offering him $550 shipped... That's what Rick @ Riverside was selling them for before the price increase, so that should be resonable. If he takes it then your getting an almost brandnew exhuast system for about $70 off what others are charging now, plusyou could have it right now and not have to wait for it... I hate waiting for stuff. LOL

Old 04-09-2009 | 02:20 PM
I hate waiting for stuff too, I got my Tanabe's really fast from Andy though.

Old 04-09-2009 | 02:27 PM
^ Yeah, but the problem is Tanabe themselves are actually out of stock on this exhaust, so no one can get it right now. LOL

Old 04-09-2009 | 03:00 PM
^Lol, don't you love it that before we got these things no one really had them and they were trying really hard to sell them all and now after we put them on a stuff they are all sold out?! Tanabe should give us commission lol.

Old 04-27-2009 | 04:20 PM
ETA on Tanabe?

Old 04-27-2009 | 04:31 PM
I maybe selling mine. Car may be going back to Infiniti.. Hesitation issue again!!!!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tanabe Medalion Touring for 07+ G35 GB