Hawaii Honolulu

Post Your Best Detailing Products

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2008 | 05:09 AM
|
Post Your Best Detailing Products

First of all no mind this post i kind of bored shoots

So i had my coupe for about 6 months now and ive been using many different products to wash the car, shine the wheels, clean the leather, **** even scrub the carpet floor mats. So me and my friends try to give each other on advice for good products that we think work great. So i decided to share my discoveries. Hopefully everybody posts up what they use to so i can sample. I still need to find a good clay bar. shoots here we go.

so first off ive found that three companies make awesome products all the way around so no be surprised if thats all i use. Turtle Wax, Meguiars and Mothers.

Exterior
Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash - This soap is awesome. I can dry off the car in the sun and it will leave minimal water spot.

Turtle Wax Ice Liquid Polish - Ive used many products to wax my car the Meguiars Quick Wax and even older Turtle Wax products. But nothing is as easy to use as this and it keeps the car looking clean.

Turtle Wax F21 Tire Foam or Spray - Absolutely love the F21 products the all just seem to work the way you want it too.

Rain X Washer Fluid Additive - This **** really works. You just add it into your washer fluid container and when it rains i just spray some water on the windshield and watch the rain bead up and roll right off your roof.

Meguiars PlasticX - Had some spots on my headlights that didnt come off so i put some of this on it and use my $15 buffer and now the headlights are spotless.

Interior
Turtle Wax F21 Super Protectant - My friend with the IS250 told me about this product and its the best-tes-ses. Keeps my dash looking wet, touch it and its dry! Mean Da Dope.

Mother's Leather Conditioner or Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner - Ive been using the Mother's Leather Conditioner but its a lot of work but its worth it. Just started using the Turtle Wax Leather Cleaner but i really like it because its a spray, super easy to use and the leather feels nice and soft afterwords. Probably gonna use the Turtle Wax more often and use the Mothers once in a while.

Turtle Wax Oxy Power Out - Since i dont like the way people put rubber mats on top of carpet mats there for defeating the purpose of the carpet mat, i dont use rubber mats. So i have to clean 'em, and this **** works wonders.

Have yet to clay bar my car so i never bought any but really interested in the Turtle Wax Liquid Clay Bar since the Ice and F21 products never seem to let me down but dont know if a liquid clay bar can out due a traditional clay bar. so post up some ideas. also I never found a really good glass cleaner the all seem to leave streaks.

Easy to find all these things too. I usually go to Wal or K-Mart, but if its not there then they guarantee have it at Don Quixote. The best part is they all the car products usually cost the same (unless you buy dish washing soap to wash your car) so its not like this **** is super expensive.

So IMO (<- In My Opinion, just incase nobody knew what i was talking about) these are the best of the best products. Hopefully this list saves you some money cause i know i bought a **** load of products that was disappointing. SHOOTS! post your products.

Last edited by momonaboy; 01-18-2008 at 06:59 AM.
Old 01-18-2008 | 06:10 AM
anything from the meguiars nxt line and ultimate detailer.

Old 01-18-2008 | 11:17 AM
pacpro's detail car care kit all the way for me...

Old 01-18-2008 | 04:29 PM
been using a lot of poorboys stuff. P21S Carnauba wax works great. Get my stuff from Ranney at PakShak. Porter Cable 7424 is a must though

Old 01-18-2008 | 06:43 PM
^ Ranney's the man! Pinnacle wax is the best wax that i use, but its so expensive i only use it when something specials coming up.

Old 01-18-2008 | 08:03 PM
Ive been using Zaino products and have been really pleased with the results.

Old 01-19-2008 | 01:28 AM
ANYONE, ill try ask my buddies at eurosport inc on the ACS DETAIL PRODUCTS I HEARD THEY HAVE A KICK *** DEAL FOR THERE DETAIL PACKAGE, A 150 DOLLAR VALUE FOR ONLY 60 BUX OR SO.

Old 01-19-2008 | 01:48 AM
Sounds like your sold on Turtle wax products.....!

If Turtle wax products work for you that's great. Is your car kept in a garage
or do you use a carcover? Does tree sap or bird **** damage your cars
surface, if so the wax you're using isn't good enough! I use Zymol products
inside and out with great success. Yes, it's costly but worth every cent
because after several coats of Zymol concourse hardly anything damages
my paint.

Old 01-19-2008 | 02:36 AM
Well I've been using ZAINO on my G since I bought it in JAN 07. I used alot of products before, Since I Am a detailer for my Job, Anyway, I used alot of stuff, and tried this Zaino, and I never seen a ploish job make the car so shiny! Makes the paint have a depp shiny gloss to it, and it's super slippery. Some peeps say it's hard to use, but it's pretty easy, if your car is in great condition. Meaning no waterspots etc... And to take out Waterspots, I use this product called MX-7 Plus, It's super easy to use, and takes out most light to moderate Waterspots with a rag! Pick this stuff at walmart, for like 8-9 bucks. I used to work at Tony Group Autoplex. and we used this stuff on brand new cars, it's like acid, but once you know how to use it, it's great stuff! I also use Meguirs wax on my other ride, and that stuff is pretty good also.

As for leather, I use Zaino cleaner and Conditioner. It's Awesome stuff, Cleans the leather easily, and makes the seats smell like the factory fresh leather the day you bought the car!

Old 01-19-2008 | 02:52 AM
|
wow kinda seems like i was buying all the low baller stuff. mean

Old 01-19-2008 | 09:54 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Originally Posted by ak808
anything from the meguiars nxt line and ultimate detailer.
same here, but i also add:

Pinnacle
Klasse

thats the only products i've ever used, and will ever use. i love Zaino, but protection is what it lacks the most. it's good for a show only product imho.

Old 01-19-2008 | 10:26 PM
used to be zymol wash and mothers reflections wax. these days, just being lazy, just use rainx wash and water mist.

Old 01-20-2008 | 03:23 AM
Running for his life!!
+1 on Zainos. Requires alot of prep and work, but worth it. I recommend the Z-5 to mask the swirl marks, then Z-2, then finish it off with Z-6. Also buy the accelerator so the wax polish faster. Expensive but worth it, since we live in a humid type enviroment.

Agree with the post above. It doesn't last as long as some other products, but has the best results. Would guess it starts to wear off in a month.

I notice they have an all in one product now. Has anyone tried this product? Also do we have a local dealer in Oahu?

Last edited by wreck; 01-20-2008 at 03:28 AM.
Old 01-22-2008 | 12:36 AM
Originally Posted by wreck
+1 on Zainos. Requires alot of prep and work, but worth it. I recommend the Z-5 to mask the swirl marks, then Z-2, then finish it off with Z-6. Also buy the accelerator so the wax polish faster. Expensive but worth it, since we live in a humid type enviroment.

Agree with the post above. It doesn't last as long as some other products, but has the best results. Would guess it starts to wear off in a month.

I notice they have an all in one product now. Has anyone tried this product? Also do we have a local dealer in Oahu?

the local dealer is a nice old man that lives in Pearl City. You have to go to his house to pick the products up. You can reach him at 487-7467.

Old 01-22-2008 | 12:41 AM
Or you can go to "HAWAII TRUCK CONCEPTS" In Waipio Indutraial area. Down the road from Zippys, or right across the street from Kuroda Autobody. They are also a Distributor for Zaino and alot of other detail products! Forget thier Ph#. But go there for all your Detailing needs!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Post Your Best Detailing Products