Hawaii Honolulu

Hawaii owners help me out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 05:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii owners help me out!

I'm going to buy a coupe in the near future (currently graduating from USF this weekend) and I plan to purchase the coupe when I get home (I have a job lined up already). My main questions are these:

1. now that Infiniti of hawaii has a dealer markup, the coupe I want is priced at 37,746 (BO w/graphite, 6MT, prem, no aero). Will i be able to get a good deal off of this price when i actually show up at the dealership? has anyone gotten a good price at the new owned hawaii dealership?

2. I could also order my coupe from grubbs with VPP pricing. has anyone done this before? if so, how much was it?

please help me figure out whats my best options to get the cheapest price. thanks a lot!

Old 05-17-2004, 04:37 PM
Re: Hawaii owners help me out!

Do you have to order the car from Grubbs before you return home? If not, then all I can really mention is give Richard a call at 808-836-0848. See what he is able to do for you. True it kind of sucks that there is markup now,...but the cars are still selling so i dont think that they are really going to knock it down much. If the cost to buy it and ship it from Grubbs is cheaper, then by all means that would be the way to go. So if anything compare the costs of cars including the cost to ship to Hawaii.

If you have any need to get a hold of them, I can also pass along the message. I am there often enough. =)

Best wishes and look for us when you return.

Old 05-17-2004, 10:11 PM

i don't have to order the car from grubbs before i return home. i was just wondering if anyone in hawaii had done this to get the VPP pricing. either that or i can wait ALLLLL The way until september or october when Infiniti of Hawaii will change distribution locations and have VPP pricing.

i really don't know what to do as i would obviously like to get my G35 the sooner the better, but im willing to wait if you guys think thats a better option. I'm new at this new car buying game (22) so i don't know what to expect or really how to get the best deal. Also, is there any hawaii meets coming up? i will be home on the 24th of may and i'd love to come talk with you other hawaii owners and figure out how to get the best deal.

Thanks!

Old 05-17-2004, 10:35 PM

When you fly in, give us a call. PM me with your info and I will pass along mine. We all can give you thoughts and possible suggestions in the best possible route in getting a G35. We are always around and getting together on Fridays and Saturdays,.....we will be waiting for you as well.

Old 05-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Meatshake Enterprise
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

usually get together fridays and saturdays? hmm....ic.lol.

S E N J E N
2004 G35c 6mt Premium_Aero DG_Graph
Volk enhanced...Impul & Gialla on the way...stock motor right now *har har har*
N O T S P O N S O R E D

Old 05-18-2004, 06:07 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

wot...they mark up the prices now, that sucks. That's one of the best things about buying a luxery vehicle, no hastles with pita car dealers. and they're going to move too? where is the new location.

Old 05-18-2004, 01:43 PM

actually, they're not moving, the distribution channel is going to be changed and we will be getting the cars from california (i presume). This is becase nissan probably wants to streamline their operations. i'm not sure how it will work, but the end result will be the ability to purchase cars from infiniti of honolulu using the VPP pricing discounts. This won't happen until september or october so thats why i don't really know what option to take.

so far my options are:
1. just go home and get a black on black 04 as they come in (Richard said that if its sold out one month, i would only have to wait one more month since they doubled the amt of g35's coming in) Hopefully, this would be a discounted price since the 05's are coming in soon.

2. I can come home, order the car from grubbs for a little bit cheaper (including shipping etc) but the downside is, different taxes and also a potential maintenence dilemma. i.e. if things break, i can't get the hawaii dealership to honor my maint. warranty...something like that

3. wait for the 05 model to see about the rumors (and also save up more for the down payment). This would mean i'd be buying the car at cost probably, with markup making it the most expensive choice.

4. find a used one and lose my color preference.

as of now those are my options, which would you pick and why?

Old 06-02-2004, 03:47 PM

if you decide to drop your color preference - i have a DP Coupe 6mt - performance, aero that im trying to get either have someone take over the lease on or sell - im leaving the island at the end of june - pm me for details thanks