Hawaii Honolulu

Planning on buying this G35, good deal or no?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 02:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Planning on buying this G35, good deal or no?

I'm thinking of buying a G35 (Always wanted one) but I'm starting to wonder if it'll be a good deal.

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/cto/920649931.html

It has a rebuilt/salvage title but the seller says it's only body damage
Everything is stock except for the rims
I'm Not really digging the rims

That's pretty much the main things I see about the car. The persons selling it for $10,000. I'm just wondering if it's worth the money because it's a rebuilt title. This will probably be my only chance at getting a G35.

Should I buy it or no?

Also have you guys seen this car on the island? I'm wondering because the number the seller asks you to call is a mainland line.

Old 12-10-2008, 02:30 AM
bad deal when i was looking for a second car i looked at that one he didn't tell me it was a salavge title and the whole seemed skechty this is like his 10th differnt post on the same car each time he says something differnt i'd say really bad deal

Old 12-10-2008, 02:55 AM
it seem as if the price is too low even for a salvage title vehicle. there are a lot of scams on craigslist so be very careful if you do decide to buy the vehicle. if it has anything to do with you having to send money elsewhere, RUN AWAY as fast as you can. that has SCAM written all over it. there are a lot of steps to take to protect yourself from scams and getting ripped off. first thing i would do is to take the vehicle to a repair shop so they can tell you where the damages were and if it was properly repaired then make sure they have the title in hand and meet them at the DMV to transfer the title right then and there. you can get a great deal on a very nice g35 due to the salvage title but make sure you have your finances ready because a lot of the banks will not finance a salvage title vehicle. good luck

Old 12-10-2008, 03:14 AM
ok thanks for you input. anybody know someone selling a g35 6 spd for cheap? i'd prefer it to be salvaged title since they tend to be a lot cheaper and i don't have much money right now. but if you can find a clean title for under 15k i'd be very happy.

Old 12-10-2008, 01:53 PM
Location: Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacled advertising droids!!!
I saw a twiligt blue 6spd coupe at the dealer a little while ago, I think it was about 17000 or so. I'm sure they would be willing to work a deal with you if you tried... Check with bruddahmanmatt, He'll probably tell you to see richard at infiniti ( since matt doesn't work there any more )

Salvage title g's tend to be doom, there's just too many electronic and body components that go wrong...

Old 12-11-2008, 04:52 PM
Have you called the guy and taken a look at it? It would depend on what type of damage happened. If there is Unibody frame damage then I would say no, if its some other type of damage then wtf and buy it! lol jk nah take it to a body shop and a mechanic to check it out. if this guy is serious on selling then he will oblige, no reason not to 10k is still a lot of money, so it is a large investment. If he is unwilling to do those things then flip the bird and go your way. GL

Old 12-11-2008, 05:38 PM
he owes 17000 on the car, when i called in a month ago when i was a getting a second car for my wife he said u could get it for 10000 or 17000 if u chose the 10000 then u had to also pay him monthly installments, so u wont get the title till his loan is paid off

Trending Topics

Old 12-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Location: Intergalactic proton powered electrical tentacled advertising droids!!!
Originally Posted by M-azing.
he owes 17000 on the car, when i called in a month ago when i was a getting a second car for my wife he said u could get it for 10000 or 17000 if u chose the 10000 then u had to also pay him monthly installments, so u wont get the title till his loan is paid off
WTF??!?!!!

"It's a trap!!!"
Adm. Ackbar

Old 12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, i called up that guy too and he said he doesnt want his dad to know hes selling the car since the dad is making the payments and he needs the money now to invest or something so later on he'll pay back like 5 grand and then give the title after car paid off in about a year...

Old 12-18-2008, 05:44 AM
Originally Posted by Buzz Killington
I saw a twiligt blue 6spd coupe at the dealer a little while ago, I think it was about 17000 or so. I'm sure they would be willing to work a deal with you if you tried... Check with bruddahmanmatt, He'll probably tell you to see richard at infiniti ( since matt doesn't work there any more )

Salvage title g's tend to be doom, there's just too many electronic and body components that go wrong...
Wow. You actually posted. I find this to be amazing.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:50 AM
Originally Posted by Drtydzn12
ok thanks for you input. anybody know someone selling a g35 6 spd for cheap? i'd prefer it to be salvaged title since they tend to be a lot cheaper and i don't have much money right now. but if you can find a clean title for under 15k i'd be very happy.
You dumb, or you just bored and feel like making stupid posts? If you're too broke a*s to buy a clean title G, then save your money and buy a reliable DD until you have the cash. It's really THAT simple. Or do you NEED to be seen in a ticking time bomb so that others think you're cool? I cannot stress what a stupid decision it would be to even think about purchasing a salvage title vehicle. There's a reason they're branded SALVAGE TITLE. I'd rather you show up to our cruises in a low mileage, clean title (and quite fuel efficient actually) G20 than a f**ked up G35. This is one of those times when it would reeeeeally pay off down the road to do the smart thing.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by bruddahmanmatt
Wow. You actually posted. I find this to be amazing.
Well, you normally shut down posts like this, but didn't post up... Slacker...

I just hate to see people get screwed up on bad cars. Btw, there should be a few new salvage title flood cars coming on the market soon... beware