Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Video Clip of Intimidator Exhaust on the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 11:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Wow - good deal for $600 - they run about $800 generally -

Check out Post #14 below for more reads on our system.

PM me for more info or any other questions. The main thread is where it's all at really - the 4th link.

Rick
Yeah, the exhaust was a special price for Rennlist members from GHL. I even had the GHL exhaust on my stage3 GTI. Great sound and excellent craftsmanship. Not to mention I have dyno sheets proving HP/TQ gains.

I’m just not interested in paying an exorbitant amount of money for an exhaust. I am not one of these guys that care if the exhaust is polished or not. It’s under the car for Christ sakes and will be dirty in a matter of weeks. If the muffler was polished, that would be fine.

I’m not bashing you or your company either. I’m actually glad that someone has finally come out with a good sounding exhaust. One that doesn’t sound “ricey”. I can’t tell you how much I hate that.

So I will sign up on the group buy and hope that enough people sign up to bring the cost down to a reasonable price.

Old 05-30-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by NickS
Yeah, the exhaust was a special price for Rennlist members from GHL. I even had the GHL exhaust on my stage3 GTI. Great sound and excellent craftsmanship. Not to mention I have dyno sheets proving HP/TQ gains.

I’m just not interested in paying an exorbitant amount of money for an exhaust. I am not one of these guys that care if the exhaust is polished or not. It’s under the car for Christ sakes and will be dirty in a matter of weeks. If the muffler was polished, that would be fine.

I’m not bashing you or your company either. I’m actually glad that someone has finally come out with a good sounding exhaust. One that doesn’t sound “ricey”. I can’t tell you how much I hate that.

So I will sign up on the group buy and hope that enough people sign up to bring the cost down to a reasonable price.
Very cool man - welcome aboard!

Rick

Old 05-30-2006, 05:47 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Group Buy

Hey all -

Lets get this group buy up to 18 - the faster we do - the faster we can start collecting and building these systems - which means the faster you can get them...

We've got just under 2 weeks left...let me know if you have any questions.

Rick

Old 06-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Hey guys, I posted this on another thread, but it got deleted or something......it's exhaust related and similar to the previous vid.....only this time I actually run OVER the freakin camera....twice lol

What can I say, I had nothing better to do on a Tues night! lol

http://media.putfile.com/IntimidatorG35rollover

Old 06-03-2006, 11:31 AM
The Pole
Originally Posted by 9825463
Hey guys, I posted this on another thread, but it got deleted or something......it's exhaust related and similar to the previous vid.....only this time I actually run OVER the freakin camera....twice lol

What can I say, I had nothing better to do on a Tues night! lol

http://media.putfile.com/IntimidatorG35rollover
Hey thanks for all the clips. If it wasnt for the sound clips, I am not sure if I would of purchased this system... I am too worried about it being ricey.. Thanks again..

Old 06-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by KenK2
Hey thanks for all the clips. If it wasnt for the sound clips, I am not sure if I would of purchased this system... I am too worried about it being ricey.. Thanks again..
Did you get to hear the clips from the Fast Intentions web site? They are pretty accurate, to Ben's video, as well.

Rick

Old 06-03-2006, 07:54 PM
The Pole
Yea I did and they were great too.. I thought you guys were all in this together.. Sorry I didnt give you guys credit..

I am looking forward to getting my G and this being my first mod..

Old 06-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nice

Old 06-03-2006, 10:01 PM
Fastest G35 In Rockwall
This is going to make me sound like the biggest DORK. However, that exhaust sounds like the Lamborghini Countach in the first CANNONBALL RUN movie!!!

Ok, make fun of me. However, watch the very first scene in the movie. It shows the Countach running away from the cops. Listen to it and tell me I'm wrong!

By the way, this is a compliment to you guys that made this exhaust. Cheezy movie......cool exhaust system!

Last edited by jnkirk1974; 06-03-2006 at 11:11 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^ I totally agree!!

Old 06-04-2006, 01:22 AM
Originally Posted by KenK2
Yea I did and they were great too.. I thought you guys were all in this together.. Sorry I didnt give you guys credit..

I am looking forward to getting my G and this being my first mod..
It's OK dude...we've been fighting this battle of trust since day one..thanks for the faith in the end!

Rick

Old 06-04-2006, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
This is going to make me sound like the biggest DORK. However, that exhaust sounds like the Lamborghini Countach in the first CANNONBALL RUN movie!!!

Ok, make fun of me. However, watch the very first scene in the movie. It shows the Countach running away from the cops. Listen to it and tell me I'm wrong!

By the way, this is a compliment to you guys that made this exhaust. Cheezy movie......cool exhaust system!
Funny you say that actually. There is a high end auto dealer in the area with lots of Ferrari's and the like - a few months back I buzzed their place a few times and they couldn't figure out what it was that was making the great sound...turns out they knew the guys at the shop pretty well and finally saw my car and called them up and were just wild over it. They couldn't figure out what we did to the car to make it sound like that.

Granted my car is built to begin with and roars without the exhaust - but it brought out 1/2 the sales team and mechanics to the lot just to see if they could spot the car to begin with...it was pretty cool...they were looking for a wild Lambo for Ferrari...then I totally peeled right in front of the lot and just blew them away when they realized it was a G.

Rick

Old 06-04-2006, 01:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that bird was SOOO annoying lol

Old 06-04-2006, 03:44 AM
Originally Posted by ISMSOLUTIONS
Funny you say that actually. There is a high end auto dealer in the area with lots of Ferrari's and the like - a few months back I buzzed their place a few times and they couldn't figure out what it was that was making the great sound...turns out they knew the guys at the shop pretty well and finally saw my car and called them up and were just wild over it. They couldn't figure out what we did to the car to make it sound like that.

Granted my car is built to begin with and roars without the exhaust - but it brought out 1/2 the sales team and mechanics to the lot just to see if they could spot the car to begin with...it was pretty cool...they were looking for a wild Lambo for Ferrari...then I totally peeled right in front of the lot and just blew them away when they realized it was a G.

Rick
Represntin' the G's!

Old 06-04-2006, 12:40 PM
The Pole
Another question I have been thinking about...

Is this system going to be compatible if say I get supercharged/turbocharged..??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Video Clip of Intimidator Exhaust on the G