Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stillen Exhaust Rumors?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine damper huh?

The theory of it is nice, but do I need it? Doubtful. I highly doubt that a 3.5 liter V6 is going to make stump pulling torque and twist the hell of the engine in the bay doing it....

I needed this for my Mustang Cobra a few years ago....now that thing made some torque and the engine looked like it was going to rip itself out of the damn engine bay.... Last dyno was 617rwhp and 530rwtqe...then it was wrapped around a telephone pole by a "rookie" driver (me)

Old 10-04-2006, 11:09 PM
So hero, what is your preference for exhausts?

I LOVE teh Fast Intentions exhaust actually, going to pick one up soon.

I was just wondering about the validity of the claims (now proof) that the Stillen is heavier than stock....

Old 10-05-2006, 03:08 AM
i read that the stillen is 74 lbs and that the stock is 50 lbs...someone said they read it in a magazine...maybe someone can chime in and let us know which magazine...

Old 10-05-2006, 03:14 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by bull3t
i read that the stillen is 74 lbs and that the stock is 50 lbs...someone said they read it in a magazine...maybe someone can chime in and let us know which magazine...
Originally Posted by helldorado
It came from the Sport Z Exhaust Shootout they did back in their Fall 2003 issue. The stock Z catback weighed 64 lbs, Stillen weighed 74 lbs. That was the only drawback listed.

http://www.stillen.com/media_files/a...%20shootout%22
Originally Posted by Diamond G35
So hero, what is your preference for exhausts?
i havent decided yet. so far i like (in not particular order) hks, fast intentions, invidia g200, injen super ses, tanabe, fujitsubo. i know i know, i have a lot of decision making to do. but im happy with my modded oem exhaust as is for now. just bought work wheels so i need to wait a bit before i think about getting an exhuast.

though i will be getting high flow cats soon.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a Stillen exhaust and I love it. Two reason why I chose it:
* SOUNDS AWESOME!!
* GREAT PERFORMANCE!
It does ressemble the factory exhaust, but you can tell it is an aftermarket exhaust by looking at it even if you are 20 feet away.
I love the INJEN and the KHS looks!!! They REALLY look amazing!! They look more powerful, and yes, they look better than my stillen. Performance wise, I don't know... it is said the STILLEN performs the best, but who knows?? Now, when it comes to sound, they both sound horrible!!!! I really don't like the way they sound and I would have never installed them on my car.

Old 11-06-2006, 06:50 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I know the Borla exhaust for the sedan weighs 22lbs less and is SS. I would not imagine that the Stillen weighs more.

Old 11-07-2006, 12:29 AM
The Stillen Tested in that magazine article was the TRUE DUAL or SINGLE??

Old 11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
Dual

Old 11-07-2006, 01:41 AM
As a matter of fact, I just ordered the back issue of Sport Z mag that tested the 5 exhausts against each other....

Still debating the Stillen and Fast Intentions exhaust.....

Old 11-07-2006, 04:44 AM
Fast Intentions...hands down

Tony will help with ANY problems or address ANY concerns. My really close friend has the Stillen on his 350z and I got the Intimidator (Fast Intentions).

Differences:
Stillen- Sounds like stock, has a higher pitch/tone. Looks just like stock.

FI - Sounds like stock, has a deeper pitch/tone. Looks like stock as well but has the 'honeycomb' interior walls (which i love)

Attached Thumbnails Stillen Exhaust Rumors?-photo-0132.jpg  
Old 11-07-2006, 02:15 PM
STILLEN (hands down lol)

no seriously...best thing is to compare a few diff. cars in person like at a meet....no matter who you ask everyone is going to say their own is the best one...

but seriously
stillen

Old 11-07-2006, 07:01 PM
I really like the fact that the Stillen looks stock. Our cars are not meant to be the fastest things on the road. If you just wanted pure speed then you made a terrible choice. Most people buy the G cause it is a nice luxury car with great looks and pretty good performance. I really don't like the idea of a grapefruit cannon sticking out the back of a luxury coupe. I think nice subtle CLEAN mods are the way to go with this car.

I have a full, no cat exhaust on my bike that shoots flames when I get up to around 14000 RPm's but that's a bike and it's meant just for fun/speed.

The only thing with the Stillen is I heard it sounds like GARBAGE when a HFC is installed? Anyone have any info about that?

Old 11-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
i havent decided yet. so far i like (in not particular order) hks, fast intentions, invidia g200, injen super ses, tanabe, fujitsubo. i know i know, i have a lot of decision making to do. but im happy with my modded oem exhaust as is for now. just bought work wheels so i need to wait a bit before i think about getting an exhuast.

though i will be getting high flow cats soon.

Looks like we'll be seeing some more polls

Old 11-07-2006, 07:12 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
ive narrowed it down to injen and fast intentions. if only the fast intentions looks like the injen

i love fast intentions products but i like the look of the injen much more.

as soon as i hear ricks car i will make my decision.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
ive narrowed it down to injen and fast intentions. if only the fast intentions looks like the injen

i love fast intentions products but i like the look of the injen much more.

as soon as i hear ricks car i will make my decision.

Oh yeah the Injen pipe IS nice. The only thing about the Fast Intentions pipe is that one guy on here that sells em is ALWAYS talking it up. If it's so good let the product talk for itself. The fact that he feels the need to constantly prasie the pipe makes me suspious :shiftyeyes:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Stillen Exhaust Rumors?