Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

we need an mrev/spacer sticky!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2007 | 12:22 AM
|
we need an mrev/spacer sticky!!

OMFG! *pulling hair out by the handfull* hey search gods, i have searched, searched, and searched on the subject of spacers and plenum mods. i ended up more confused than when i started. my conclusion? someone needs to make a f'n sticky that explains these simple differences what is: mrev, mrev 2, rev-up, non rev-up, crawford plenum 5/16, 3/8, 1/2 spacers, thermal copper super duper gaskets, running lean after installs, dyno results and finally what difference do all these mods make with long tube cai's vs. wai's if any at all. ive heard so many interesting points, then ive heard some of the craziest claims since i was 19 years old and trolled altimas.net SO SOMEONE PLEASE FIGURE IT OUT, EXPLAIN IT, BACK UP CLAIMS WITH DYNO'S AND TESTIMONIALS AND THEN STICKY IT SO FUTURE G OWNERS DONT HAVE TO GET JOIN THE HAIR CLUB FOR MEN AFTER DOING A SEARCH. thanks.

Old 01-03-2007 | 12:32 AM
|
and how the hell can any of these mods make your car go lean???? as long as your mass air flow sensor knows x amount of air is going in, its going to have to add x amount of fuel. and even then in the event that that scenario doesnt happen what about when the o2 sensors are reading lean? the computer doesnt just ignore that, it ENRICHES the mixture to keep from detonating or creating nox emissions.seems to me that the only way these cars can go lean is if there is a vaccum leak behind the maf. im sure increasing the fuel pressure via. a adjustable fuel pressure regulator would solve any problems relating to a modded engine that can flow more air in due to intakes, manifolds spacers, etc. all this ecu reprogramming is a bunch of hogwash ferrywart i tell you!

Old 01-03-2007 | 01:21 AM
did you even read their site to start with????

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/G35.asp

Old 01-03-2007 | 11:59 AM
|
Originally Posted by digital1986
did you even read their site to start with????

http://www.motordyneengineering.com/G35.asp
uh, yeah yeah i did. but i think their opinions are somewhat biased. i mean theyre selling a product will they say anything negative? no. so i want real world opinions people who have installed these products, perhaps they've swapped stuff back who knows. that the point of making a sticky. various opinions and testimonials not just one.

Old 01-03-2007 | 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by g35ctuner
uh, yeah yeah i did. but i think their opinions are somewhat biased. i mean theyre selling a product will they say anything negative? no. so i want real world opinions people who have installed these products, perhaps they've swapped stuff back who knows. that the point of making a sticky. various opinions and testimonials not just one.
then search harder

Old 01-03-2007 | 02:17 PM
While you might not find unbiased reviews at Motordyne, you can certainly get answers to some of your questions regarding the differences between their products and options.

As for opinions and reviews, there have been a lot around here. While it would be easier to have a sticky, it doesn't mean the info can't be found easily by searching. Should be a lot of threads regarding the MREV. Between those and the info at the Motordyne site (which should be easier to follow), the basic questions will be answered. Limit your search to "MREV review" or something just as specific.

As for Rev-up vs. non-Rev... ...this is simple. Rev-up indicates the engine in the '05+ 6MT models with the higher HP, higher revs and lower TQ.

Spacers generally come in three available heights, which are the fractions you listed. Search for reviews of the varrying sizes to get the impressions you're looking for. Performance and effectiveness of each can depend upon what combo of mods you're running.

FWIW, I recall seeing only one negative post on here regarding the MREV mod. There have been a lot reviews from people who love it and there have been independent dynos showing the gains indicated by Motordyne are more than accurate.

If you're looking for a lot more than this, then the work is on your shoulders and you need to continue searching for the reviews you're looking for.

Last edited by GT-Ron; 01-03-2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-03-2007 | 02:38 PM
Banned
if you actually did seach AND read, than you would know the differences... that's how everyone else did it.

I do agree with GT-Ron. Tony is a GREAT guy, but the reviews are somewhat biased. I have dry tested the Kinetix high flow plenum to the MD 1/2" spacer and LOVED my Kinetix ten fold over the MD.

our ECUs are very smart and should be able to compensate to some good degree. IMO if you do go with a lot of mods you should run a piggyback unit or have your ECU reprogrammed.

Reading OWNS you

Old 01-03-2007 | 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by filanj
...I do agree with GT-Ron. Tony is a GREAT guy, but the reviews are somewhat biased...
Just to clarify, I'm not saying I think the reviews are biased, just pointing out that even if the author feels that way, the raw info is still there. I've never read the reviews on Tony's site, but I read every one on this site before buying. FWIW, I purchased back when the MREV+ was only being sold for the Rev-Up... ...before the change in package names. I've been happy with mine and I'm anxiously waiting to see what else Motordyne has been working on.

How are things going, Tony? Or did I missed something while away?

Last edited by GT-Ron; 01-03-2007 at 04:52 PM.