Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Stillen and Crawford

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey don't quit yer day job to become a filmmaker ;DDD haha j/p

I think the exhaust sounds ok, lil raspy for me. Did you not take it above 4500 because of the bad sound? I'm just wonderin, still shoppin for exhaust

Old 02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by BrocksG
Hey don't quit yer day job to become a filmmaker ;DDD haha j/p

I think the exhaust sounds ok, lil raspy for me. Did you not take it above 4500 because of the bad sound? I'm just wonderin, still shoppin for exhaust
Ummm it's not raspy at all. Reving at idle I will never take it that high because the chances of spinning a bearing are high. You shouldn't rev it at all really at idle. Anyway, when drivinig I didn't take it above 4500 because I was on side streets and didn't want to go that fast in addition to the exhaust actually getting quiter or more muted above that level. it sounds the best between 2500-3500 IMHO.

As for the filmmaking, I was ridiing solo and it really is a 2 person job. Daylight would have been nice, but I don't get homoe from work until almost 8PM and it was 21 friggin degrees out. I wasn't trying to become the next Scorcese, I just wanted to get some clips up. lol

Old 02-01-2007, 11:57 AM
My exhaust is going on as I type this...Brock where in pottstown are you?

Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by redriderr
My exhaust is going on as I type this...Brock where in pottstown are you?
Right near hilltop drive in, right off of the sanatoga exit on 422

Old 02-01-2007, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel1
Ummm it's not raspy at all. Reving at idle I will never take it that high because the chances of spinning a bearing are high. You shouldn't rev it at all really at idle. Anyway, when drivinig I didn't take it above 4500 because I was on side streets and didn't want to go that fast in addition to the exhaust actually getting quiter or more muted above that level. it sounds the best between 2500-3500 IMHO.

As for the filmmaking, I was ridiing solo and it really is a 2 person job. Daylight would have been nice, but I don't get homoe from work until almost 8PM and it was 21 friggin degrees out. I wasn't trying to become the next Scorcese, I just wanted to get some clips up. lol
I'm not 100% sure what "Raspy" or "Drone" is but i thought it was the girgling sound I heard / the farty sound when ya start it up, or when its revving down. I heard it in the clips i thought?! There are exhaust out there that dont have that and give real good gains such as stillen and aam. Neuspeed use to be great, but they didn't make anything for the g35 =[

I was just messin with ya about the video, but thanks for postin all that and takin the time to make the vids!

Last edited by BrocksG; 02-01-2007 at 12:33 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure what "Raspy" or "Drone" is but i thought it was the girgling sound I heard / the farty sound when ya start it up, or when its revving down. I heard it in the clips i thought?! There are exhaust out there that dont have that and give real good gains such as stillen and aam. Neuspeed use to be great, but they didn't make anything for the g35 =[

I was just messin with ya about the video, but thanks for postin all that and takin the time to make the vids!
No sweat. It's really not raspy. On start up when cold, it may be a lil tinny until it heats up. But it never sounds like a fart can. Once it's warm, at idle is sounds like stock and when you romp on it, it is pretty deep and mean sounding. Wait til you hear Redriders in person.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:36 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel1
I have the same exact setup!

Crawford Plenum, HFC, Stillen TD Exhaust!

I have been meaning to take a sound clip. Hopefully this weekend. My feedback is that it sounds sick and turns heads. Very throaty and not too loud (But I like loud, not tin can farty loud, deep.... throaty loud).

When the exhaust is cold, there is a slight tinny sound/raspiness but once you drive for 5 minutes, it's gone and sounds amazing. MY GF loves the way the G sounds and makes me keep it in the upper rev range all the time! LOL

If you want to keep it quiet, I just keep it under 3K and it's not much louder than stock.
Would you mind getting a sound clip up ASAP? I am curious as to how this set up sounds...I know my stillen exhaust gets compliments all the time, but im afraid of doing any other breathing mods (headers/test pipes/high flow cats) because of rasp.

EDIT: NVM..didnt look at the second page! Sounds good from what i can hear at work! Ill wait till i get home to really tell you! We have the bose surround hooked up to the computer!

-sean

Last edited by Nismo G; 02-02-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 02-02-2007, 04:11 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
It actually doesnt sound a whole lot different than just the stillen exhaust with factory cats and headers...sounds pretty close to mine...

What mods do you have done?

-sean

Old 02-04-2007, 11:33 AM
Right near hilltop drive in, right off of the sanatoga exit on 422
I used to live a few minutes from there...off armand hammer blvd.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
It actually doesnt sound a whole lot different than just the stillen exhaust with factory cats and headers...sounds pretty close to mine...

What mods do you have done?

-sean
K&N drop in, Z tube, crawford plenum are the only thing that may affect the exhaust sound. It sounds deeper and louder in real life vs on the sound clip.

Old 02-19-2007, 08:48 PM
Ive had the exhaust on for about 400 miles now. I still love it...the way it sounds in the car and out...hell I barely even turn the radio on.