Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

ztube + stillen = feel power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: ztube + stillen = feel power?

honestly when I dynoed my car with the injen CAI. It was a at system on a 6mt. I don't know if that makes a difference.

I lost top end hp and torque. I thought the CAI made a difference, but it could of all been mental. The sound was louder so therefore my head thought the car was faster. on the dyno all through the power band it didn't look like the CAI did anything.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 11-24-2003, 05:18 PM

Perhaps at speed the power curves change due to burbles and low-pressure zones developing as the car moves through the air mass, but Injen's data clearly shows HP gains throughout the power band on the automatic sedan:

http://www.injen.com/webpages/testin...nal/RD1990.jpg

14.2hp and 11.6ft-lbs over stock. I suspect the Nismo intake numbers to be the same, within measurement error.

03.5 Coupe - Black/Willow, 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, Sat

Old 11-24-2003, 10:53 PM

wassup shader. i think I saw you roll through Hacienda the other day. You were driving down stoneridge.

Sorry I can't believe that dyno graph from Injen. Especially a test made by the people trying to sell the product. It's BS to me and now that I think of it, looks fake and just the same line semi altered and moved. Plus they couldn't even take back the POS system for the correct one, or say why I lost HP. The whole quality of the system is junk, there was metal shaving and dust all inside the tube still.

Now this is the product you should check out www.electricsupercharger.com. The e-ram will take off 2 seconds from your quarter mile. They even have testimonies on there and so many great marketing techniques to make the product look better.

BS G35C 6spd navi/aero/prem

Old 01-18-2004, 03:41 PM

I heard that there is new heat shield/box for the JWT the mimcs the Stillen, is that it in you pic DaveO, or the there something new that encloses it?

03 - Black - Premium - Wood - Aero w/ Spoiler
Z Tube - Stillen AirBox

Old 01-21-2004, 03:50 AM

I've had tube and stillen for a while. It definetly feels like it's lost some power up until 3k, then it has some kick to it. The sound is nice, but if you ask me it's not one of those value upgrades. From what I've read you can get a similar package for less with the jwt pop charger and the intake. save some $$$