Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

ztube + stillen = feel power?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2003, 02:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ztube + stillen = feel power?

I just installed the ztube and i dont really hear the sound difference and of course any power difference. Now the stillen air box cost $260 is it a worth wild investment? I hear a lot of people having that combo and they love it. Does the ztube and stillen give a little power difference that we can feel and a sound that is distinguisable from stock? Thanks

Old 11-22-2003, 05:33 AM
Re: ztube + stillen = feel power?

Well im about to get the tube tomorrow, but i can tell you that people sometimes say they feel or hear a difference in order to justify the money they spent. I dont expect to feel a difference with just the Z tube, but im sure there is some power to be had there.

The stillen box will make your car sound a lot more agressive, but since this is more of a luxury coupe, i am going to stick with a K&N filter with the Z tube for now...until i get to hear the stillen for myself.

Dont expect huge gains with these mods if any at all. 5 hp is only about a 1.75 percent increase on our cars, which is really nothing you're going to feel.

Old 11-22-2003, 11:42 AM

Yeah people dynoed 5hp gain from thre tube alone, so im thinking maybe with a stillen installed i get about another 5 totalying up to 10 therfore i can feel something at least. Anyhow, a sound clip of the stillen would be great if someone can get one up. I dont want to waste $260 for something that doesnt sound good ya know? Thanks

Old 11-22-2003, 12:45 PM

people dynoing stillen alone have lost hp (about 10hp). Don't know how accurate that is, but I trust Doug of Crawford Z car who told me thi...

Gurgen

Old 11-22-2003, 01:19 PM

lose 10hp - wtf? nope. That's BS

Old 11-22-2003, 01:44 PM

Well call Doug yourself. His number is on crawfordzcar.com. It's not like he is against CAI, he told me what he got on a g35 automatic with and without stillen. It is of course up to you to believe him or not.

Gurgen

Old 11-22-2003, 05:20 PM

I don't doubt that u could lose 10 hp in a certan rpm range like 1500-2500 rpm but I am sure it must add some power lol....

Gurgen I like ur name..

Jurgen

2004 IP 6MT BREMBO'S NAVI on order...

Old 11-22-2003, 05:23 PM

All I can say it that it's BS. I don't need to call anyone. I have one. I drive it everyday and I know the freakin difference. Period. Believe what you want. Let's see how many people on this forum actually LOST 10 hp. There are a lot of stupid people that bought this CAI then. I think not. I wonder if Doug had it installed correctly. I heard that INJEN CAI causes hydrolock. Did I believe that? No. I didn't use it myself.

Old 11-22-2003, 06:31 PM

damn cool!

Gurgen

Cliver man, believe what you want, but I do NOT think (in fact I would bet money on) that Doug did not install the stillen CAI wrong!!!

Old 11-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Re: ztube + stillen = feel power? *DELETED*

Post deleted by ryoken

Old 11-22-2003, 07:14 PM

Not long ago someone else dynoed the stillen intake and lost a little power too. Placebo effect can be a powerful thing.

2004 Black 6MT

Old 11-22-2003, 07:20 PM

Doesn't make sense. I'd like to see the #'s. Better yet. I'll make a new post so that those people with Stillen CAU can answer for themselves.

Old 11-23-2003, 12:34 AM

You will not have a problem with the Ztube and the Stillen. You only hear the diff when you punch it.. and that's usually when you want the growl. 3,500 rpm and above throttle open.. cruising at 70 you cannot hear any diff.

_t

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 11-23-2003, 12:41 AM

Wait... are you saying the Stillen by itself (with G35 duct) will lose HP.

But you will see the gains if you add the Ztube?

If this is alleged case, I can possibly see this...mostly because the benefit of the Stillen would be negated by the resonators and air chambers in the G duct.

There is a lot of warm air in this thing. Look at it:

Otherwise I am not understanding this thread.

-Ted

'03 Sedan 5a: BS/G, Prem, Aero/Body, Sport, Nav
Click for MODS or Vote at Online Showoff

Old 11-23-2003, 01:40 AM

Hey cliverman,

I understood what you were trying to say. I just conveyed what i heard from Doug on his experiment!!! Just for the sake of everyone else here....Stillen alone, no Z tube, is what Doug what was talking about! Who knows what the Stillen will do with the Z tube, I would say make more power! But by itself, Doug said that it lost power. That is all I was saying... and it is up to the reader to evaluate the validity of this statement, taking into account the cradibility of the person who came up with it...

And why are you getting so defensive? What, do you work for Stillen or smth?! You wanna see numbers, go pay $85 bucks for a baseline dyno, put your $250 mod on, and go back and pay another $85 and gaze at the numbers all you want... If we had numbers for just that mod we would share it with everyone...

Well saif, MadMan and Ted... exacly what I was talking about... some poeople are just wired differently...

Gurgen

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by ryoken on 11/23/03 09:22 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ztube + stillen = feel power?