Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)
View Poll Results: Which Exhaust sounds the best?
Fast Intentions Intimidator
33.33%
Injen Ti Track Edition
11.11%
Stillen TRUE Dual
26.39%
OTHER: Please specify
29.17%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Which Exhaust sounds better? Stillen, FI, Injen, Other?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:17 PM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Im with you on wanting a deep, low roar with some rumble. I'm also with you on the looks on the Stillen; it does not look bad at all, but just too stock.

By the way, assuming you're talking about Stillen for the coupe, it is completely true dual.

The choice is definately up to me; I doubt anyone's opinions will sway my decision. But I have to admit, your video there just happened to make it worse for me NOOO . I was so sure about stillen, but your G just sounds soooo nice . I have seen many FI's in person; they look nice, and sound nice. But yours just has that extra growl to it. Must be the Cats and possible spacer/mrev.

For now, I'll just go with some FI HFC. That should give me some time on my Stillen/FI dillema and more time to hear and analyze them in person.

A group buy of either system should make it easier for me to choose

Last edited by Skaterbasist; 04-24-2007 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like how the FI system sounds, but I like how the HKS and Injen look. The FI system seems to be the best compromise between HKS and Injen tone and gains but it doesn't have the same look...I'm torn. The stillen looks do nothing for me.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
skater, the HFCs make a huge difference. that may be why andrew's sounds so much better than most FI systems you have heard.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by extreme4377
Thanks Skater!

I heard a coupe with Stillen exhaust on it at the BBQ meet this past weekend and I gotta say, it sounded real good. But, and its a big but, its too stock looking IMO, and if Im correct, it is not a true dual system all the way back. I believe it uses a series of y-pipes. Stillen, however, has been known to exaggerate their gains.

The HKS system, IMO, is too ricey and high-pitched sounding to me. Id rather have a deep, low roar than a high-pitched meow. Im trying to get as close to V8-sounding territory as possible. You can only do so much to a V6 to make it sound like a V8 tho. The HKS looks great, I will say that but its too popular and not my cup of tea. It does however provide great gains, some of the best out there in fact.

The Injen Track Edition, like I said before, was amazing sounding. By far, again IMO, one of the best sounding and looking exhausts out there. I only had it on my car for a short 3 months. They were a fun 3 months but I just could not stand the droning so I had to get rid of it. The gains were noticeable and supposedly were just as good as the HKS and FI systems. I replaced it with the Fast Intentions system. Which leads me to my next point..

The Fast Intentions Intimidator system is, IMO (yet again), the absolute best exhaust system for me. Its got great gains, great quality parts and welds, amazingly clean and classy looks, some of the best if not the best customer service you could ask for, fair pricing, and an amazing sound. This system is by far my favorite system, biased or not.

In the end, it all comes down to what you want. There are tons of threads about people asking which exhaust system is "the best" or which sounds "the best". There's really no one that is able to tell you which sounds the best as it is a subjective matter, a matter of opinion. Do what you want to do, not what the people want you to do. Whats right for you is right for you.

HKS is ricey? This coming from a guy whom bought an injen system? lol. You can't get much more ricey than that. The stillen one is a great peice and looks really clean. The HKS system and the Fast Intentions are probably the best on the market, but I do think the HKS system trumps the Fast Intentions one in terms of design quality (2.5" is not as efficient for our car as the 60 mm for non boosted cars, compare the fulls systems and make your own decision though), and in terms of sound. The HKS system is just *****!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 02:40 PM
Retired SuperMod
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
HKS is ricey? This coming from a guy whom runs an injen system? lol. You can't get much more ricey than that. The stillen one is a great peice and looks really clean. The HKS system and the Fast Intentions are probably the best on the market, but I do think the HKS system trumps the Fast Intentions one in terms of design quality (2.5" is not as efficient for our car as the 60 mm for non boosted cars, compare the fulls systems and make your own decision though), and in terms of sound. The HKS system is just *****!!!
I don't think he meant ricey; If I remember, he stated its too high pitched for him.

Old 04-24-2007, 02:44 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
a lotta people think hks is ricey. more now than before.

i <3 my hks...

Old 04-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Mike Team350GZ
I love my HKS, never heard anyone call it ricey. I've had someone tell me it sounds euro (like a lambo, ferrari) but never rice.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Lexus IS350
Skater, where are you located in SoCal? Ill be happy to meet you somewhere close to SD so you can hear it/go for a ride in my car.

If youre still stuck between the Stillen(which, btw thanks for correcting me on the true dual part, I guess I was wrong) and FI system, and it comes down to the price, call Tony at FI up and talk with him. He's a great guy to work with and will help you get the right system on your car at the right price for both of you. He may even give you a deal on a HFC/TP & Intimidator system combo, you never know.

Im assuming youre going to the Stillen day in May which will be great for buying stillen products. That could push you on their side of the fence. It does sound great, I will admit that, but the looks just arent there for me. Its too stock looking, like you said.

As for the HKS and Injen being ricey, I dont mean HKS looks ricey, I mean it sounds too high pitched for me. Maybe "ricey" was the wrong word to choose. Im not about to get into any debates or battles based on an objective matter so dont take anything I say personally as its all a matter of opinion.

BTW, I plan on doing some drive-by clips of my car much like I did with the Injen system a while ago. Its just a matter of finding the time and effort to do so.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:23 PM
hks was my favorite out of all the ones i heard...i've had it since september and i still love it...i get alot of compliments on the exhaust when i drive around and

one time i was driving down wilshire and a guy in a lambo almost broke his neck to see what my car was...but like everyone else said which exhaust sounds the

best is subjective...here's a clip of a hks exhaust...mine sounds pretty much like this...

Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by bull3t
hks was my favorite out of all the ones i heard...i've had it since september and i still love it...i get alot of compliments on the exhaust when i drive around and

one time i was driving down wilshire and a guy in a lambo almost broke his neck to see what my car was...but like everyone else said which exhaust sounds the

best is subjective...here's a clip of a hks exhaust...mine sounds pretty much like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnyNbDLKuPI
yeah, it's all subjective. Even the injen system is a nice piece. None of them are bad. I didn't give the injen system much credit but heard it this weekend and it wasn't bad at all.

Old 04-24-2007, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by b00stedjustin
yeah, it's all subjective. Even the injen system is a nice piece. None of them are bad. I didn't give the injen system much credit but heard it this weekend and it wasn't bad at all.
yea the injen and hks were my top choices...i heard an injen exhaust on a g one time and it sounded mean...it was real nice sounding from the outside...but i

decided on the hks because i didn't want to deal with the drone...

Old 04-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned
I think I'm going to go with FI with 400cell HFC, That video convinced me, I love the way it sounds.

I don't like the HKS because I agree is too high pitched, and if you want to say it sounds "ricey", well hey IMO that's the best word I can come up with to
describe the HKS, now the Injen Ti Track Edition does sound a little deeper than the HKS but still has it's high pitched/ricey tones when at WOT.

I think I have made my final decision and IMO the best sounding exhaust set-up is FI SS Intimidator with 400cell HFC.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by extreme4377
Ive had both the Injen Track Edition and the FI system. I switched from the Injen to the FI system because of the horrible, loud drone with the Injen. I loved how it sounded from outside the car but on the inside it was torture. The FI system is hands-down, IMO, the best system your money can buy. But, as far as how systems sound, its all subjective.

Here are some videos of my Injen system..

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...2e0175fd46.htm
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/d...2e0172bc03.htm

and one of my FI system with FI HFC:
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...e201519cc3.htm

I know you have to find the time and effort like you said to take more clips, but I think we would all appreciate some more clips of it inside the car, drive-bys, and some more standing still revs.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Retired SuperMod
Good choice. Get the 300 Cell instead though.

Old 04-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Good choice. Get the 300 Cell instead though.

I thought the 300 Cell was for forced induction applications....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Which Exhaust sounds better? Stillen, FI, Injen, Other?