Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

My custom dual 3" sedan exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
G Kreuzer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks the Gurgenator mobile is f-a-s-t!

I've had the pleasure of beating on her on several occasions, including at the road course of Laguna Seca. Of course that was all pre- 3" exhaust upgrade.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:44 AM
Hehe..Clint, it is hellava bit faster. Can't wait for you to drive it and know what you think. It ain't an uber-super car (600+wjp), but it will definitely last... 460-490 is plenty fast for what i want to do with the car!

Old 06-11-2007, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
Dunglan

What you see now is just the painted lower valence, the Nismo is not installed yt, it's in my garage. That one i will cut with much greatr care, and isntall over the bumper; it will cover the existing cutout.
Sorry. I need to start using commas. What I meant was, do you have to remove the painted lower valence to put the Nismo on or does the Nismo just installs over the painted valence?

Old 06-11-2007, 03:15 PM
i see...yes it installs over teh painted valence.

Old 06-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GurgenPB
i see...yes it installs over teh painted valence.
and you can have it molded to the bumper.

https://g35driver.com/forums/interior-exterior/74040-nismo-aero-kit-some-custom-painting-molding-pics.html

Old 06-12-2007, 01:59 PM
Old 06-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
thats some sick ****..... hella clean work

Old 06-12-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 72 Likes on 51 Posts
Nearly $9K for a 6MT conversion I think I'd rather sell my 03 5AT G and buy a 6MT 04 for about $3K more. Call me kooky

Old 06-12-2007, 08:15 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveB
Nearly $9K for a 6MT conversion I think I'd rather sell my 03 5AT G and buy a 6MT 04 for about $3K more. Call me kooky
Yes extremely expensive. But it's interesting to read about how they deal with the electronics. And there's just another verification our ecu/wiring is diff than other Gs. Sucks as I never know if we can actually run emanage or Utec as I don't know if "plug and play" applies to us.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 PM
Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts
wow good job welding

Old 06-12-2007, 09:38 PM
G Kreuzer
Originally Posted by DaveB
I can agree w. that sentiment. That would certainly have been the better route early in the game wouldn't it. Sigh! None the less for many that have already started the plunge down the FI vortex ... not so clear anymore.

Gurgen and I have discussed this at length on too many ocassions. With each new conversation and deeper into the "vortex", it was clear at one point that he'd passed the point of no return long ago. The logistics of tearing down his thouroughly moded car back to stock, resale, repurchase MT mdoel, re-mod, re-tune was debilitating just to think about. At the end. He knew it had to be done.

When he did finally follow through with the MT conversion and completed it, I was in awe, thrilled and iniquitous all at the same time.

In awe, because I cannot believe the man sold his left kidney for the conversion.
Thrilled, because finally the power can be unleashed when and how one chooses.
Iniquitous, because I was probably one of his biggest critics (at the track) for the need of a proper manual box.

The end result sure was worth the squeeze though.

Last edited by THX723; 06-12-2007 at 10:33 PM.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Yes extremely expensive. But it's interesting to read about how they deal with the electronics. And there's just another verification our ecu/wiring is diff than other Gs. Sucks as I never know if we can actually run emanage or Utec as I don't know if "plug and play" applies to us.
It does apply to us as long as you do not have the type I car, with the old style connector.

All doggy dog sedans are type I cars.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by THX723
I can agree w. that sentiment. That would certainly have been the better route early in the game wouldn't it. Sigh! None the less for many that have already started the plunge down the FI vortex ... not so clear anymore.

Gurgen and I have discussed this at length on too many ocassions. With each new conversation and deeper into the "vortex", it was clear at one point that he'd passed the point of no return long ago. The logistics of tearing down his thouroughly moded car back to stock, resale, repurchase MT mdoel, re-mod, re-tune was debilitating just to think about. At the end. He knew it had to be done.

When he did finally follow through with the MT conversion and completed it, I was in awe, thrilled and iniquitous all at the same time.

In awe, because I cannot believe the man sold his left kidney for the conversion.
Thrilled, because finally the power can be unleashed when and how one chooses.
Iniquitous, because I was probably one of his biggest critics (at the track) for the need of a proper manual box.

The end result sure was worth the squeeze though.
Well said Clint...I know that we have spent, cumulatively, at least good 8 hours discussing this stuff, if not more. It definitely was worth the squeeze. It's a lesson not to do anythign stupid next time and buy an auto! You live you learn.

BTW, haven't see the word "iniquity" since my SAT prep days...that was cool

On the subject of money, like Clint explained, "the vortex" is a real phenomenon, but aside from the major hassle of the demodding followed by remodding, there is a cost to it as well, and I calculated it to be in the neighborhood of $12-14K...obviously not realistic. If you take the clutch out of the equation (which would ordinarily cost about $2500+), and the fact that I paid about $8000 or so for everything (since I lucked out on many of the parts, like tranny), then really about $5000-6000 is a FAR less extreme figure than the $12-14K, whcih btw does not include the cost of a good clutch...

Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 PM
PLus no one wants my kidney...got wayy too much mileage on it.

Old 06-13-2007, 02:21 PM
G Kreuzer
Damn no one picked up on the "Vortex", "Vortech" (FI) sentiment I was implying?
hehe ... jk!

What can I say Gurgen ... all those wasted hours at the SAT prep courses finally paid off with the "iniquity". It's a damn shame it kick in just a little too late; many eons past the actualy SAT test to be exact.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My custom dual 3" sedan exhaust