Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Z-Tube + JWT popcharger(1more)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2004, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Z-Tube + JWT popcharger(1more)

ok. i got my ztube and popcharger today from Jason at Performance Nissan. he helped me install it too... i think im the final install that hes gonna do though...too bad u laggers. took about 30 minutes all the while taking lots of pics for a DIY.

impressions: this definitely sounds amazing. its much more than what i had expected and much more than can be expressed in words. compared with the K&N short ram i had before, its louder. espescially at WOT and past 4K.
as for the butt dyno, i turned my music up very, very, very loud so that i wouldnt hear the beautiful sounds(albiet they still got through some how) to see how the gains were according to butt dyno. i felt a bit more power than before...not that much, but a bit more. after 4K, it had a bit more than a bit more though, but that may be due to my chip which opens up my engine past 4K. not all that much power increase, but then again, can you really feel 10 hp?
all in all, i say this was definitely worth it. if not for the bit of power gains, definitely for the sound. simply reving it cannot really show how great it sounds, but when you pull through a tunnel at WOT, ... breathtaking.
and much thanks to Jason for helping me out and hooking me up. ill be back for sure bro.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 01-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Z-Tube + JWT popcharger(1more)

unfortunate that he will not be helping anyone else, I just placed my order last night. I also ordered the 6 wire ground kit. With the whole package how much better do you think it is than the stock setup?

Old 01-27-2004, 03:09 PM

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

got my ztube and popcharger today from Jason at Performance Nissan. he helped me install it too... i think im the final install that hes gonna do though...

<hr></blockquote>

How did he help you (e.g. email/phone/actual installation)? And why would this be the last instance to help, just curious, tx.

-----
'04 Coupe 5AT DG/G loaded w/o spoiler (3pc Aero), BSM, splash guards, Navi, Sirius, 18" perf pkg

Old 01-27-2004, 04:18 PM
G Kreuzer

I'm sure he's just tired of doing it. I saw him gashed a 1-inch cut at his wrist the other day doing another *FREE* Pop Charger install. The guy needs a break. haha!

Clint (THX723)

Old 01-27-2004, 08:18 PM

oh yea, i wouldnt want to do anymore either after watching him put mine on. and mine is the last i believe becuase we made the DIY for their site on my car, which is why he did mine at all. after this one, detailed. and i mean detailed instructions will be on the performance nissan site.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 01-27-2004, 08:20 PM

oh and tonio: hmm, id say that your car is gonna kick ***. put on the popcharger and intake first and drive it around. you'll love the sound. as for the grounding kit, i have a 6MT and after i put it on, i really didnt notice thaat much of a difference, but just my mind telling me that i modded something make me feel faster and smoother. mostly smoother.

G35S 6MT
Technosquare ECU
350Z Springs & Struts
6-wire ground kit

Old 02-01-2004, 08:12 PM

haha.. awesome guys !! I was just there yesterday.. He was out of the JWT.. and I totally blame you guys for taking MINE !! hehe... I'm glad you guys enjoyed the mod. I am definitely stoked about getting my own next week ! Thanks for the feedback !