Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Intake Mod - Kinetix Upper Plenum & Mrev2 Lower

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 05:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intake Mod - Kinetix Upper Plenum & Mrev2 Lower

Hi G35Drivers,

Ive been researching intake mods for my G and it seems that the Mrev2 with spacer combo is the most popular.

I found this Kinetix Upper Plenum replacement

http://www.kinetixracing.com/index.a...ATS&Category=4

which got me thinking of combining it with the Mrev2 instead of using the spacer.

http://www.raceinspired.com/p-8843-m...2003-2007.aspx

Anyone out there tried this? Cost will work out roughly the same...

Old 09-26-2007, 09:07 AM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
i say just get the MD 5/16 Spaser

Old 09-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Ozzy, do you have $ to burn.........?

After years of us modding our G35's and the same amount on tests it's in
black/white that you can't do any better than the MotorDyne MREV2 and
5/16" spacer. I suppose if you wanted to install the Kinetix plenum you
could, but why waste your cash? You'll need that extra money for a good
cat-back exhaust and intake. All three mods will give you not only more HP
but a sound you'll love the first time you fire up your G.......trust me on this!
Gary

Old 09-26-2007, 08:32 PM
I should have clarified...

I have an 03 CPV35 (from Japan) non revup i think...
Installed nismo exhaust headers and HKS Dual High Power Exhaust, my mechanic was going to install high flow cats when I got the exhaust done but had problems with the fit-up, so i've got some on order from the us of a... to save on freight I figured id complete my intake mods at the same time.

After further research it looks like just the 5/8 spacer is the way to go as you guys are saying.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
yup and no MERV

Old 09-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Kinetix upper plenum works out to 300 bucks. How does that equal 425 for Mrev2 and another 300 for a spacer. The mrev2 isn't even ported. You could save money and have a machine shop do better for much less. Kinetix has combined the two (manifold and spacer) in a much more efficient and cost-effective design. Look at motordyne's website and thouroughly read what it is you are spending so much money on. Spacer is OK, but imo mrev2 is a WASTE. 400 for a manifold is 200 short of decent headers that will give u more hp and bang for the buck.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:18 AM
Mrev + Kinetix V2 Upper = Mrev + Spacer (Price Wise)
I just wanted to see i anyone here had tried it....

meh, I think ill just get the Cosworth Intake

Last edited by Ozzy35; 09-28-2007 at 09:43 PM. Reason: was referng to the V2 upper plenum....
Old 09-28-2007, 04:13 PM
Team Transport Member
Originally Posted by blusky
Kinetix upper plenum works out to 300 bucks. How does that equal 425 for Mrev2 and another 300 for a spacer. The mrev2 isn't even ported. You could save money and have a machine shop do better for much less. Kinetix has combined the two (manifold and spacer) in a much more efficient and cost-effective design. Look at motordyne's website and thouroughly read what it is you are spending so much money on. Spacer is OK, but imo mrev2 is a WASTE. 400 for a manifold is 200 short of decent headers that will give u more hp and bang for the buck.
Its obvious you havent done your research.... Kinetix is crap they have been since day 1. That huge manifold will only cost you power and only gain you looks... ALL Motordyne parts have been tested a million times to make sure they give you some gain or Tony would never sell them.

I gained over 20HP at the wheels with the 1/2" spacer

To each their own but you just want shinny things then buy Kinetix

Old 10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
i think what he meant is would it be a better idea to spend the 839 on the Kinetix SSV or would it be better to combine the Kinetix Racing V+ Plenum with the MREV 2 and it comes out to be about the same price range? also i had the same question because i am in the market for plenum upgrade. I was thinking about the same combination or just buy the the Kinetix SSV. I researched and people say the SSV doesnt do much for a n/a but kinetix stands by it that i gives 16 whp on an n/a. Also that reason that i wanna go with the SSV is because its going to be F/I within a year so i might as well get it earlier. If you guys have any advice please let me know

Old 10-02-2007, 08:25 AM
ive read only bad reviews on the SSV... if you like shiny things... why not get this bad boy for only a couple of hundred extra http://www.speedforceracing.com/

ive decided on the cosworth intake... cos i plan on staying NA

Last edited by Ozzy35; 10-03-2007 at 01:48 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:11 AM
Originally Posted by zazaracing
Its obvious you havent done your research.... Kinetix is crap they have been since day 1. That huge manifold will only cost you power and only gain you looks... ALL Motordyne parts have been tested a million times to make sure they give you some gain or Tony would never sell them.

To each their own but you just want shinny things then buy Kinetix
First off u obviously can't read. I agree the ssv iz crap. im talking about the v+ manifold plus plenum. I doubt 20whp. Put ur dyno up with base to prove me wrong then. Otherwise ur like half the other people on this site that buy what the box says. You estimate ur horsepower by combing the numbers and crap the manufactures "say their product will produce". Bull**** without the dynoes to prove it. Im talking ur own dyno, not motordyne's or any other manufacture's

Last edited by blusky; 10-03-2007 at 02:18 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:16 AM
wow, did i not say upper plenum????? yea ok buddy. SSV replace both upper and lower and iz a heat soak magnet. Imo motordyne is mickymouse. Explain to me in you own words without copy and pasting motordyne's website crap and explain to me how exactly the mrev2 works and how is any better than ur pactory plenum. Do ur research

Old 10-03-2007, 02:26 AM
Name:  straight20shot-small.jpg
Views: 979
Size:  20.0 KB

This intake plenum replaces the upper half of your factory intake manifold

Old 10-03-2007, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by zazaracing
Wow this made me laugh, for a second I thought I was reading a testimonial straight out of the brochure.

Last edited by blusky; 10-03-2007 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:20 AM
Talk about confusion...

Originally Posted by blusky
im talking about the v+ manifold plus plenum.

Lets just clarify some things:

Kinetix V+ is an upper plenum replacement, does the same thing as a spacer by increasing your plenum volume.

Mrev2 is a lower plenum (or manifold) replacement, you can combine it with the Kinetix V+ upper or spacer and stock plenum.

Kinetix SSV replaces both upper and lower plenum components and is often refered to as an intake manifold (or a shiny piece of crap by others, although i do like the look of the dyno results kinetix have published, but i reckon they look a little fabricated).

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Intake Mod - Kinetix Upper Plenum & Mrev2 Lower