Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

How to make my exhaust louder...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-26-2008 | 12:06 PM
go with test pipes or a coupe mid pipe and then do my exhaust mod!

here ya go https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-exhaust/216086-new-exhaust-pics-video.html

Old 04-27-2008 | 03:03 AM
|
Originally Posted by HUMBOLDT_G
go with test pipes or a coupe mid pipe and then do my exhaust mod!

here ya go https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=216086
That's pretty cool but it's not really on stock exhaust...didn't you change the mufflers? And is the sedan the same exhaust as the coupe? Doesn't sound like it...

Old 04-28-2008 | 02:06 AM
|
I started a new thread cause I got some information from this one but I'm going to make a more direct approach now.

Old 04-28-2008 | 02:26 AM
buy a stillen airbox w/ z-tube. Def added the extra grunt that my g needed. 10000x worth it

Old 04-30-2008 | 02:59 PM
i have DC headers w/Kinetix HFCs w/Stillen CB and there's ZERO rasp. just awsome sounds. sounded even better after the cats got worn in a bit and after my Technosquare reflash+tune.

Old 04-30-2008 | 03:15 PM
|
Originally Posted by usmcmark
i have DC headers w/Kinetix HFCs w/Stillen CB and there's ZERO rasp. just awsome sounds. sounded even better after the cats got worn in a bit and after my Technosquare reflash+tune.
See I believe you but that's way more than I would ever do to this car lol. I do small mods in moderation.

Old 04-30-2008 | 06:30 PM
Rather than open a new thread I figured I would ask my question in this post since it is very similar.

I have a 2008 G35 Sedan, I am looking for a few extra ponies out of the car and I would also like a louder but tame at cruising speeds exhaust sound. Without spending 1200 for the stillen catback system do you think or can you recommend a different setup? Here is what I was thinking:

I already ordered the Stillen long tube intake (will be here tomorrow (May 1st 2008) - This may give me a higher exhaust note but probably not by much

I was looking at the Stillen high flow cats (http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=713 ) instead of the stillen exhaust setup.

Since these are half price does this setup work? Intake w/high flow exhaust

or should I just go with the stillen catback exhaust setup?

Does anyone have a youtube of the high flow cats just by themselves?
Are there any adverse side effects of the high flow cats? e.g. CEL, dirty smell, etc. Does anyone know what the gains are from the catback versus the highflow cats?

I promise I will post pictures somewhere of my intake install before and after with video. I have not seen one yet for the long tube intake before and after, inside and outside the car, before and after. I have only seen the short intake setup so far.

Thanks

Old 05-01-2008 | 12:57 AM
|
Originally Posted by stevej88
Rather than open a new thread I figured I would ask my question in this post since it is very similar.

I have a 2008 G35 Sedan, I am looking for a few extra ponies out of the car and I would also like a louder but tame at cruising speeds exhaust sound. Without spending 1200 for the stillen catback system do you think or can you recommend a different setup? Here is what I was thinking:

I already ordered the Stillen long tube intake (will be here tomorrow (May 1st 2008) - This may give me a higher exhaust note but probably not by much

I was looking at the Stillen high flow cats (http://www.g35parts.com/9083/osc/pro...roducts_id=713 ) instead of the stillen exhaust setup.

Since these are half price does this setup work? Intake w/high flow exhaust

or should I just go with the stillen catback exhaust setup?

Does anyone have a youtube of the high flow cats just by themselves?
Are there any adverse side effects of the high flow cats? e.g. CEL, dirty smell, etc. Does anyone know what the gains are from the catback versus the highflow cats?

I promise I will post pictures somewhere of my intake install before and after with video. I have not seen one yet for the long tube intake before and after, inside and outside the car, before and after. I have only seen the short intake setup so far.

Thanks
I admire you not making your own thread...I usually do because it's just easier to get your questions answered that way, but this is pretty cool.

You're going to get a lot of opinions with this question. I personally think the price of a cat-back for the G in general is ridiculous, sedan or coupe. It does nothing but add some sound. If you were to get a header/non-restricted catback/testpipe your car would gain some ponies but it would be loud as hell.

In my opinion I would just go with a HFC or a resonated testpipe and call it a day. That's what I plan to do. These cars have a beautiful exhaust note from the factory and I don't want to lose that. As far as the intake, I really think they're useless. I've owned quite a few cars and on a slow 4-cylinder an intake can do alot, but on these cars it won't do much for performance or sound. Either way, to answer your question I say intake+HFC > catback any day.

Old 05-03-2008 | 12:42 AM
Get a Top Speed / Invidia / RS-R. Top Speed is cheapest out of the 3. RS-R has a ceramic coating or something. I am pretty sure Invidia is the exact same.

Old 05-03-2008 | 02:11 AM
Well, I pulled the trigger on a pair of Crawford HFCs. Ill let you know how they sound. They'll be here Wednesday.

Old 05-03-2008 | 06:36 AM
Retired SuperMod
Staff Alumni
Originally Posted by vipers
...In my opinion I would just go with a HFC or a resonated testpipe and call it a day. That's what I plan to do. These cars have a beautiful exhaust note from the factory and I don't want to lose that. As far as the intake, I really think they're useless...
Trust me, we've all said that in one point of our lives. It's only a matter of time before HFC isn't enough to satisfy your needs (in performance and/or sound)

Old 05-04-2008 | 02:17 AM
|
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
Trust me, we've all said that in one point of our lives. It's only a matter of time before HFC isn't enough to satisfy your needs (in performance and/or sound)

I think that's why I'm going with a testpipe cause the vids I heard of HFC's weren't that different than stock. But I just don't have the money to drop on exhaust.

Old 05-04-2008 | 03:53 AM
Originally Posted by vipers
I think that's why I'm going with a testpipe cause the vids I heard of HFC's weren't that different than stock. But I just don't have the money to drop on exhaust.
Tell me how it goes since I'm also considering doing the same thing with test pipes and stock exhaust for the same reason.

Old 05-04-2008 | 08:44 AM
|
I just have a theory that our cars sound amazing the way they are . However, they could be much louder.

Old 05-04-2008 | 08:46 AM
If you are going to keep the stock exhaust then any test pipe is fine. Resonated or not. Dan has test pipes with his stock exhaust and it sounds great. Same not as stock just with my growl to it.

-Sean

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to make my exhaust louder...