Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Tony Motordyne get in here

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jalilig35
what happened? dont know if you forgot or something, i called you about getting a good deal on the mrev2 and 5/16th iso thermal spacer and quoted me a good price shipped to my house, i asked how do i order in a few more days, you told me to go ahead and order through the website which i did but the quoted price wasnt coming up, called you again askin whats goin on u told me u had to manually punch it on my credit card, waited almost aweek the order is still waiting emailed you and pmed you no response than i called you again when i called about gettin the quoted price you gave me earlier, you didnt remember giving me that price you gave me the week before, yea that is some customer service right there for you, then when i got a little angry on how you stated the price, you said "if i said that price i will honor the price, but i dont remember saying the quoted price", (yea whatever) then i asked ok now what i ordered multiple orders on the website, and you guys have my info, he said ok it will have to be punched in manually. so i waited a couple more days and still the order was waiting and i havent gotten charged yet. i told him to cancel my order since he wouldnt get me my stuff and i went ahead and ordered through riverside infiniti. that is what happened tony, you have a big reputation dont understand why you would act like that, and im not the only person that has had problems with you.
You are an abomination to the English language.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:45 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
I remember now.
Yes, I didn't recall quoting you any kind of a discount on the MREV2. Spacer, yes, MREV2 no. But if you say I did, I was ready to honor it.

Once that was squared away after some phone tag, it was a rare occasion where I was out of stock on MREV2's. My supplier(machine shop) said they would be ready for me to pick up that Monday but they fell behind schedule and werent ready until Friday. I was only inches away from getting your order shipped out but you canceled the day before.

And yes, we could have charged your card as soon as we had your information, but we always make a practice to not charge a card until the product is actually ready to ship. Usually the day of shipping. And usually the parts ship out the following day.

Many companies charge your credit card the moment they get the information... But somehow that just doesn't seem right to me.
I hear of people on the forums where they get their CC charged only to find the part is backordered 3 months from Japan. And the company hangs on to your money the whole time. ...I won't do that.

Even if circumstances are occasionally beyond my control, in every case, I always try to accomodate and give the best possible customer service.

Sorry it didn't work out.

Tony
That sounds like a reasonable explanation to me.

I called Tony on a Saturday morning when I was missing a few parts to a plenum kit and he FedExed them out right away. You're A1 in my book, Tony.

BTW, the black bolts are nice.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I need to chime in too, the service i received from Tony and other members of the staff was excellent.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Since this is about support... I feel it important to add that Tony not only provides exceptional custmer service and products, he makes himself available to this G/Z community by asking and answering hundreds of questions, many that are not directly related to his products. He continues to innovate and is truly an enthusiast that we are lucky to have, and to learn from.

...so when is the exhaust shipping?

Old 05-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
I spoke with one of my suppliers yesterday and they said they are running behind by about 2 weeks. So I should recieve the shipment June 15.

Production will start then.

Tony

Old 05-22-2008, 09:11 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yup A++ For Tony =)

Even went out his of his way to meet my a$$ up on a saturday =) Thanks again.. I'll swing my car by and we can see what combo works the best with FI sometime =)

- Eric

Old 05-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Team Transport Member
Hey wheres my black bolts????

Tony is the man

Old 05-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Without a doubt, Tony provides some of the best customer service in the industry (in any industry actually)… but lets face it, no matter how good you are it is literally impossible to please 100% of people 100% of the time.

If you read reviews across various websites and ran statistics I bet you’d find 98%+ approval rating. And in almost every case it’s not just a simple “satisfied customer” type thing – very often people rave about the product and the customer service.

So 1 or 2 times out of 100 or more there might be a slight glitch… well, that’s much better than almost every company I deal with personally and professionally.

Old 03-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Thumbs up Motodyne comes though again!!!

Bumpin' this thread to simply say thanks to Tony! and let everyone know how far above and beyond he goes for his customers...

For the past several years Tony has helped me with various intake related projects - advice/suggestions, in person and over the phone. I have called Tony on numerous occasions and he has always been extremely willing to listen and help.

Most recently he sent me replacement part (that I'm not even sure I need yet) - not only that, knowing that I was wrapping up a project this weekend, he made sure to expedite it swiftly so I had it in time!

Thanks for everything Tony!!! I wish all my business and personal transactions and interactions were as positive!

{for those that read a similar post I made on Z boards, yes it’s a double post - but the recognition is worth mentioning in more than one place}

Old 03-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Wow! This is an old one.

Thanks for the props Mike!

Tony

Old 03-27-2009, 06:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I'll add my experience as well. I have never never dealt with a company that has had better customer service then Motordyne. Tony is easy to get a hold of and always willing to help. When I first got my Gamma exhaust they had sent out two passenger side mufflers. I called Tony up this was Friday afternoon (Eastern Time). By Saturday noon I had already received the correct muffler. Mind you he overnighted it for me from Cali to MD. He goes above and beyond. Any ways enough Motordyne leg humping. Can't wait to buy more products from him. Cough Cough (test pipes & MREV 3) lol.

Old 03-27-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
hard to find a good deal on the mrev2.I been searching.. im suprized.So far Im running a 5/16 spacer now.. and i needed a replacment isotherm gasket last summer and tony sent me one right away when i ordered it. Its ovious it was in stock and he took great care of me as i got it in quick time.

Old 03-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Was replacing my cosworth plenum back to the MD 5/16" spacer and had some questions, so I phoned him. . .mid afternoon on a Sunday haha. . .and he picked up and answered all my questions!

+1 for Tony!

Old 03-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
+1 on Tony's service and support. I called him back in January with questions about the 5/16" CITPS and he actually answered his cell phone number listed.

He also went out of his way to help me with a question about ordering and installation.

Thanks Tony. That's customer service. I'd like to use your exhaust solutions when I go FI (provided I don't install the STS single turbo kit).

All I would need is the 3" and I should be good to go!

Old 03-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Old thread, but great bump.

Tony is THE man

He, unlike too many people these days, knows that customer service is key to success.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tony Motordyne get in here