Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)
View Poll Results: Which exhaust? FI or motordyne?
Fast Intentions
61.90%
Motordyne
38.10%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Fast intentions or Motordyne?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Fast intentions or Motordyne?

Yeah I konw, another exhaust thread but I'm not going to ask "whats the best exhaust" I just need help deciding between two. I'm thinking on getting FI intimidator exhaust or twin muffler motordyne exhaust for my coupe. Which one do you guys think? Does anyone have videos of the motordyne exhaust?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:35 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Both are great... great quality and great attention to detail.. Also both sound great

Honestly this thread will get no where, do some research on both and decide for yourself.

There are pics and vids of Fast Intentions and MotorDyne, with a simple search you can find all the info on both

/thread

Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Beebo
Both are great... great quality and great attention to detail.. Also both sound great

Honestly this thread will get no where, do some research on both and decide for yourself.

There are pics and vids of Fast Intentions and MotorDyne, with a simple search you can find all the info on both

/thread
I did and the videos for the motordyne weren't as good as the FI ones, most of them were on Dynos which make it almost imposible to hear the true sound of the exhaust. Have you heard motordyne in person?

Old 03-12-2009, 11:53 PM
Originally Posted by Yosef
I did and the videos for the motordyne weren't as good as the FI ones, most of them were on Dynos which make it almost imposible to hear the true sound of the exhaust. Have you heard motordyne in person?
That’s because most of the MotorDyne exhausts are still in production

Old 03-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motordyne

Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Received 30 Likes on 30 Posts
you cant go worng with either one...i plan on getting one of the two aroungd december, f.i. has the upper hand right now

Old 03-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i have been debating the same thing...only i keep asking myself carbon fiber mufflers or titanium ones?...sound wise i can't comment because i've never heard either in person, but i really like the "options" that the mototrdyne offers and that is why i'm leaning towards them at the moment

Old 03-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
i have been debating the same thing...only i keep asking myself carbon fiber mufflers or titanium ones?...sound wise i can't comment because i've never heard either in person, but i really like the "options" that the mototrdyne offers and that is why i'm leaning towards them at the moment
carbon fiber mufflers would look great with your diffuser

Old 03-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by DrewTheSuit
I thought FI was the only one that offered carbon fiber mufflers. Yeah motordyne has alot more options as far as looks but I'm more focused on sound.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:31 PM
so i guess its FI

Old 03-22-2009, 11:10 PM
I have a Motordyne and I love it. The sounds is amazing. Everybody that hears the exhaust loves it. I've had guys with HKS and Greddy exhaust drooling over it. I started with the Gamma it sounds great not to loud but when you get on it sounds great. Now I switched up to the shockwave for a bit. Its alot louder but man the sound is addictive lol. When it hits 4K it has the sweetest sound to it.

Old 03-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by Cubanl81
I have a Motordyne and I love it. The sounds is amazing. Everybody that hears the exhaust loves it. I've had guys with HKS and Greddy exhaust drooling over it. I started with the Gamma it sounds great not to loud but when you get on it sounds great. Now I switched up to the shockwave for a bit. Its alot louder but man the sound is addictive lol. When it hits 4K it has the sweetest sound to it.
Is the sound of the shockwave sound similar to HKS or Greddy?

Old 03-23-2009, 12:30 AM
Originally Posted by Yosef
I thought FI was the only one that offered carbon fiber mufflers. Yeah motordyne has alot more options as far as looks but I'm more focused on sound.
MotorDyne is not just focused on looks, its hp/tq, mpg and looks

Old 03-23-2009, 02:01 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
I had the FI intimidator, evoTT, now moving to MD. All are high quality, high performing (not going to argue about 5-10 whp here or there though I know that's important to some). The difference is the flexibility of the MotorDyne exhaust components to suit your needs and allow the system to be quiet or loud, with cats or without, single or dual, etc. Very innovative design! It's great that this community has some very good options from reputable vendors with outstanding customer service...

EDIT: Both the FI and evoTT have a low rpm drone on my 5AT (neither is terrible, just wish it wasn't there). We'll see how the MD fares but so far reports look good...

Last edited by rcdash; 03-24-2009 at 04:36 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 02:07 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Look - FI hands down, motordyne looks just doesn't give me that hard-on, just doesn't look right.

Sound - well thats subjective and i'm biased, i Have CF FI and have heard Motordynes and still would choose FI, but thats just me

Performance - Motordyne MAY have better numbers, not to sure, but if so only by a couple HP which you will never notice

So IMO overall FI for sure!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fast intentions or Motordyne?