Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Question for those who have installed headers.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 11:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question for those who have installed headers.

I bought a set of brand new ebay headers for $100 ( YIKES! I know...cheap but whatever, I'm ware of the possible consecuences ).

Anyways...looking into my engine bay, I really don't see what the big deal is. My buddies Trans Am engine bay look FARRRR worse than my G does and it SEEMS that if I remove the coolant pipes I can remove the stock manifolds from the top...it looks like there is plenty of room to me.

Has anyone tried this? I have plenty of tools ( including neumatic ) so I shouldn't have a problem. I replaced the cats with test pipes in about an hour so it was a breeze...I just can't see what is so dificult about the manifolds.

I want people with personal experience to speak out and tell me I'm crazy and blind...lol.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I had the dealer put mine on. When I went to pick it up it was ready and done perfectly, but I got the impression that they would not do it again if someone else asked. They said it was a royal pain to get them in. I think they have had quite a bit of experience with that type of car! (I had the Stillen ceramic headers)

Old 04-18-2009, 12:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sliderg35
I had the dealer put mine on. When I went to pick it up it was ready and done perfectly, but I got the impression that they would not do it again if someone else asked. They said it was a royal pain to get them in. I think they have had quite a bit of experience with that type of car! (I had the Stillen ceramic headers)
Same thing with me.

Got my nismo headers and dropped off the car and picked it up the next day.

to the OP, It is a royal pain in the *** to install headers, thats why unless you have a lift and you know this car most people dont install it by themselves.

But I am not saying people havent done it themselves, but in general, once they are done they wished they just paid someone else to do it.

If you do decide to do it yourself, good luck!

Old 04-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wanna see what happens here haha.

Old 04-18-2009, 04:49 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
I did mine with no lift and pulled them out from the bottom. Got it done in a day.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by xXHotelCrazyXx
I did mine with no lift and pulled them out from the bottom. Got it done in a day.
Can't be that hard if you can do it in one day. It may be tedious, but I just can't see it being that hard.

I installed an entire turbo kit in my GTI and I also installed forged connecting rods...all in two days ( about 19 hours total ) in my garage with zero pneumatic tools and all by myself. Everyone in VWVortex said I was crazy thinking I could do it in two days but iut wasn't that bad. The very next day is when the pain train stopped by...LOL.

Question though, did you even TRY to remove them from the top?

Originally Posted by NaiveRapture
I wanna see what happens here haha.

Hahaha...maybe I will hate my life for thinking this is an easy job ( or looks like one anyways ) but I hope you are all wrong ( which I know is HIGHLY unlikely.... ).

Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
Received 221 Likes on 121 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER

Question though, did you even TRY to remove them from the top?.
No, it was easier for me to do it from the bottom.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:41 PM
Received 84 Likes on 54 Posts