Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

My Dyno day with Motordyne Bolt-ons..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 08:23 AM
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Motordyne makes the absololute highest quality and most extensively researched products for our cars. I love my XYZ pipe and MREV. The only bad thing about them is that once installed you can't see them, but you can definately feel and hear them.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
The resonated XYZ.

No. They can't be used together.
So the Resonated XYZ pipe makes the best overall power? Does the resonated pipe have a cat? Why is the HFC more expensive, and why have I seen threads about people upgrading from a resonated xyz to straight pipe or hfc?
What are there differences and benifits of each?
This info would be much appreciated

Old 03-28-2010, 06:34 PM
I know this is an old thread, but the motordyne website linked me to this thread
And im sure this question has been answered, but i searched different combinations of xyz pipe and could not find my answer

Old 03-28-2010, 10:47 PM
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
It has been said that the resonated module for the XYZ pipe makes slightly more HP than the the straight pipe. Most people switch to the straight pipe just for a different sound. But obviously the HFC module will make slightly less power than the resonated or straight pipe. The HFC module is used in conjunction with test pipes placed before the XYZ pipe and is there for people concerned about smelly exhaust fumes and quieting things down a bit. Hope that answers your question!

Old 03-29-2010, 12:56 AM
thank you.
answered most of my questions
So does the resonated XYZ pipe have a catylitic converter? Lol does the stock y-pipe have a cat, and Will a xyz pipe bolt to the oem exhaust?

Old 03-29-2010, 08:36 AM
Stock:
Headers-->catalytic converters-->Y-pipe-->mid-pipe-->muffler

the XYZ pipe replaces the Y-pipe so the stock catalytic converters are still in place. There are 3 different modules for the XYZ pipe. Resonated, non-resonated and a High flow catalytic converter module. So no, there is no HFC inside the resonated module, you would need to buy the actual motordyne HFC module for this. But you would NOT install a motordyne HFC module if you are still using the stock catylitic converters. understand?? o yeah and yes the xyz pipe will bolt up to oem exhaust. There is a big long thread outlining everything you need to know about motordyne exhaust products. go find it!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:28 AM
so would the ART test pipes replace the cats, bolt up to the xyz pipe which in turn bolts up to a catback exhaust?

Old 03-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Yes the ART pipes replace the cats and the XYZ pipe would bolt up to the ART pipes but a catback exhaust refers to an exhaust system from the catalytic converters back (CATalyticBACK) from the XYZ pipe back would be referred to as a Y-back system.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:04 AM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
this thread almost needs to be stickied somewhere. ordering my xyz pipe w/ resonator on june 1st. already have spacer installed. is there any dyno numbers of this pipe with the vq series exhaust?

Old 05-27-2010, 01:16 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 85 Likes on 53 Posts
Not in that particular combination.

We do however offer rebates for dynos.

Old 05-27-2010, 08:38 PM
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Hydrazine
Not in that particular combination.

We do however offer rebates for dynos.
im going to have to look into that. i like the fact that it showed the dyno for the spacer and i can honestly feel the pickup. you show a dyno for the spacer as well as spacer and xyz pipe which i plan on ordering tonight or tomorrow a.m. maybe we can get together on something because i only plan to run bolt ons by motordyne as long as the perfomance keeps gaining like it has done! great product guys!