Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Ebay's HKS exhaust clone

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by TXaaron3232
Haters will tell you all kinds of crap about this exhaust, most of which arent true. I got this exhaust bc I plan on going TT in the next 6 months, and didnt feel like buying two expensive exhausts in the same year...lol I was pleasantly surprised with this exhaust. Has been great, no horrible drone, and when I lined it up next to a HKS at a meet, other members couldnt tell which was the HKS and which one wasnt, Ive even had many people say they like the sound of this one better than the actual HKS. Its a great value for the money, Ive had nothing but compliments and love that I got this exhaust to tie me over til I get my TT exhaust. Haters will always hate cause its not "HKS" Theyre just mad that you got the same thing for a third of the price.....haha And Beebo.....where in Texas do you have to worry about road salt???? hahaha
i was just saying man...

Really the only thing thats bad about the exhaust is the tips.

But there is a fix

https://g35driver.com/forums/body-in...some-help.html

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...wner-only.html

Old 05-05-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
haha, Yea, I just got those tips and put them on last weekend. Kind of a pain to drill through for some reason but I got it. I burned a steel drillbit and a titanium drillbit before getting a diamondcut drillbit that went through it "like butta" much better look I must say

Old 05-13-2009, 01:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
I got the XO2 exhaust as well. Only complaint was it didn't fit G's with RAS. Modified it to fit and I haven't had any problems. I've been getting so many compliments. Even a BMW driver pulled up next to me and told me "You have a sexy exhaust." I don't know whats so bad about getting this one. I changed the tips as soon as I got it so it looks a lot more nicer.

Here's a vid of mine:

Old 05-13-2009, 02:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw a few people bought HKS clone cuz of sound.

Old 05-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Wonder how long it'll hold up

Old 05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the HKS my brother has the knockoff, it rattles, and the tips are very very crappy, but it does atleast sound nice. You can get a used HKS for like 800 bucks, might as well do that and have the real thing. Its like getting a knockoff rolex, sure it may look ok, but people can the difference, and in the end your just a poser with a fake. If you do get one just don't try to play it off like the real thing.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:04 PM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_Fati
which greddy exhaust were looking at? I think I might go with the injen because its a little more discreet.
I have the HKS and my friend had the injen.

The injen, at highway speeds has some serious drone. HKS however, has none

Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 PM
I got the Injen Track Exhaust and love it but it does have a lot of drone until like 3k rpm

Old 05-13-2009, 10:32 PM
Sorry for the ignorance... What is "drone"?

Old 05-15-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by Jabooh1
Sorry for the ignorance... What is "drone"?
drone is a low, deep resounding noise that stays around the same pitch some exhausts have it and some don't..it's kind of annoying to some people.

Old 05-15-2009, 08:07 PM
Do you mean low like a V8 engine low? I want exhaust that won't give me the "ricer" sound, if possible. It sounds like the HKS is the closest.

Old 05-16-2009, 04:39 AM
It could be a any engine really but yeah i suppose more towards a v8 sound. If you want an exhaust that won't give you a ricer sound than go with the HKS. I wouldn't trade mine for any other exhaust out there. Almost stock sounding when cruising on the highway and when you want to hear it it's there. Check out some vids but I have to add they don't really do any exhaust system justice. You should also search for some threads on the HKS system there is alot of info on this forum.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:43 AM
I agree with the guy who says haters will tell you all kind of crap about this exhaust..

Haters can't face it but this exhaust sounds amazing, plain and simple. It sounds fantastic. Fitment is great, sound is great, quality is great (except for the fake titanium tips) which you can easily replace with NICER titanium tips than HKS.

My 100% non biased opinion is that this is probably the best sounding and performing N/A exhaust for our cars
. Everything else sounds the same but this sounds mean, especially on a manual.

HKS is nice and deserves its props because they are the original designers of this exhaust but I'm afraid that HKS has been beat by the knock off.

My 03 automatic G35 dynoed at 245rwhp with this exhaust, Ztube and K&N filter.

Please take this info from someone who's actually experienced this exhaust on more than one car and someone with proof.

Whatever you do, good luck and have fun with your car.

PS: This exhaust won't rust on you and will fit properly. With time, ANYTHING will rust from salty roads on snow. If a car's floorboard and stock exhaust can rust, so can anything on that car.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:51 AM
Originally Posted by infinus
I have the HKS my brother has the knockoff, it rattles, and the tips are very very crappy, but it does atleast sound nice. You can get a used HKS for like 800 bucks, might as well do that and have the real thing. Its like getting a knockoff rolex, sure it may look ok, but people can the difference, and in the end your just a poser with a fake. If you do get one just don't try to play it off like the real thing.
are you comparing an $10K dollar watch thats worth half your car to a $400 dollar exhaust? I wouldn't go as far as calling someone a poser/fake just because of a catback exhaust... So I guess everyone who has an LS1 swap into their cars is a poser fake too.

After all.. We just drive a poor mans Porsche...

Old 05-16-2009, 07:58 AM
JBF
Received 686 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by officerdbag
are you comparing an $10K dollar watch thats worth half your car to a $400 dollar exhaust? I wouldn't go as far as calling someone a poser/fake just because of a catback exhaust... So I guess everyone who has an LS1 swap into their cars is a poser fake too.

After all.. We just drive a poor mans Porsche...

Thats kind of an ill comparison...our engines are kinda in the front right?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Ebay's HKS exhaust clone