Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 01:38 AM
Retired SuperMod
Received 101 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MyG'n'Me
Too bad the baseline run isn't plotted on the graph for comparison. If this is on a "heartbreaker" dyno the tq #'s are for pipes.

What make/type were the "regular pipes"? As you know there's many different pipe diameters and mandrel bends amongst the brands. I'm running FI non-res,it would be interesting to see the dyno plot for those vs these pipes on an otherwise stock test car.
It's a delta graph... practically the easiest graph to read. It doesn't matter if it was done on a dynapack, dynojet, or dynodynamics; the only thing that matters is delta hp & delta torque (delta meaning final minus initial/after-before).

Old 02-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That spike from 2500-3000rpm is so huge that it makes me think it was a fluke. I can imagine these TP's giving such a gigantic gain in such a small rpm point and the rest be plane.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 AM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by GT-ER
That spike from 2500-3000rpm is so huge that it makes me think it was a fluke. I can imagine these TP's giving such a gigantic gain in such a small rpm point and the rest be plane.
So far, two different tests have yielded similar results. Common logic would dictate that this is not a fluke.

Have you ever seen a dyno graph of TPs vs stock CATs? For that matter, did you read the first post? If you have, then you wouldn't have made that last statement. Or perhaps you are a lot smarter than all of us and have some logically sound scientific reason why you know these do not work. Please explain.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by gabe3d
So far, two different tests have yielded similar results. Common logic would dictate that this is not a fluke.

Have you ever seen a dyno graph of TPs vs stock CATs? For that matter, did you read the first post? If you have, then you wouldn't have made that last statement. Or perhaps you are a lot smarter than all of us and have some logically sound scientific reason why you know these do not work. Please explain.
Try not to get all teary eyed...I'm speculating until I see more dyno results. I would love to see both dyno plots themselves as it would clear it up a bit. Having a sudden spike of 15whp and 20wtrq over a 500rpm span and then dropping off is not "normal".

I would like to know if the cars tested are automatics, that might explain it. If the real reason is because of the TP's being tuned to make the gains at such low rpms, then why not tune them to make the gains at higher rpms where it's more usable. DaveB is correct in saying that having that power gain so low is not where you really want it. When racing ( whether drag racing or general circuit racing ), 95% of the time you are over that rpm range.

In the end, I'm just stating my opinion and would like more dyno's ( which is what Tony wants as well ). So far everything looks good since it's not LOSING power, it's the sharp spike that has me intrigued.

Also, I do not wish to argue this so please....don't.

Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
I'm not arguing, just don't see why you make a statement where you have no logic backing it up other than gut feel. If it is not gut feel then explain it. Everyone has opinions and they all differ, but facts doesn't deviate. There are plenty of test that will come out and if there are no gains than the data will show it. I as well am intrigued by the large spike in delta at that RPM, but I will do the test myself and compare it to others. The data and numbers will speak for themselves. Btw, Tony already explained this spike in delta early on and it makes sense what he is achieving with the ART. Also like I said, if you were to see a TP to CAT dyno comparison you would see why that spike is at that rpm range. DaveB is correct, but like OCG35 said most of the people will DD their car.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally Posted by gabe3d
I'm not arguing, just don't see why you make a statement where you have no logic backing it up other than gut feel. If it is not gut feel then explain it. Everyone has opinions and they all differ, but facts doesn't deviate. There are plenty of test that will come out and if there are no gains than the data will show it. I as well am intrigued by the large spike in delta at that RPM, but I will do the test myself and compare it to others. The data and numbers will speak for themselves. Btw, Tony already explained this spike in delta early on and it makes sense what he is achieving with the ART. Also like I said, if you were to see a TP to CAT dyno comparison you would see why that spike is at that rpm range. DaveB is correct, but like OCG35 said most of the people will DD their car.
There you go...I pretty much agree with all you stated. I said that the spike is so huge that it makes me "THINK" it was a fluke...the data that is expected to follow this thread should answer any doubt that I may have.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:01 PM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Skaterbasist
It's a delta graph... practically the easiest graph to read. It doesn't matter if it was done on a dynapack, dynojet, or dynodynamics; the only thing that matters is delta hp & delta torque (delta meaning final minus initial/after-before).
Thanks for the clarification. Though I'm sure many will buy and be happy with these,I'm regularly outside the powerband before I grab 2nd.

They're also over $700 Canadian. I understand that they have to be sold at a price point to make them profitable enough to produce for such a small specialty market but $700 buys a lot of beer and mukluks...eh

Old 02-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
the graphs on the Z thread are different...

Different car I guess?
http://my350z.com/forum/8132125-post1.html

Edit: nvrmnd... I didnt realize this is the same as first post here (I thought I remember the first post having dyno with much less gains?)...

Last edited by OCG35; 02-19-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
They look the same to me

You're comparing the graphs on the first page of both threads, right?

Old 02-19-2010, 05:10 PM
^^^ I edited right before you posted... but I noticed Tony edited his first post - so I'm think the initial graph was different (and I didn't know he changed it)...

Old 02-19-2010, 05:13 PM
Ah, I see. I'm a slow poster on my iPhone .

As for something on topic. I'm still curious if getting my osiris re-tuned to these pipes would be worth the money.

Old 02-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
I would assume that tuning it again will def. change some things...but maybe not enough to be worth it..??

Old 02-19-2010, 05:24 PM
^ My concerns exactly. I'll give Church a call and ask how much a re-tune is.

Edit: I called and they said re-tuning is $180/hr and that it shoulnt take more than an hour.

Last edited by Silencer_0; 02-19-2010 at 06:11 PM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by Tollboothwilley
I would assume that tuning it again will def. change some things...but maybe not enough to be worth it..??
I'm thinking so... if I get these, I'll have Shawn tweak (again )

Old 02-19-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 149 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
I'm thinking so... if I get these, I'll have Shawn tweak (again )
I was thinking the same thing! If I had the money, I'd be at Shawn's right now!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Advanced Resonance Tuning (ART Pipes)