Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

RE: Motordyne 5/16 Plenum Spacer Troubleshooting Assistance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010 | 01:26 AM
Wow, sorry to see that happen to you OP.

It's great to see you have member's backs, even though they're not genuine Motordyne parts, Tony . Proud to have all the Motordyne parts .

Old 08-16-2010 | 05:08 AM
Motordyne FTW. Excellent customer service. It's no wonder your name seems to be the first thing out of everyones mouth when it comes to mods. Great service and great products. Props to you guys! That's why I am saving up for a Shockwave exhaust!

-Sean

Old 08-16-2010 | 06:37 AM
I drove ttrank's car solo
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
Premier Member
Thanks for clearing this up Tony. We really are lucky to have a vendor like you on this board. You guys are awesome.

Old 08-16-2010 | 06:41 AM
Originally Posted by Hydrazine

That spacer was NOT made by Motordyne.

I do see they are using copyrighted Motordyne part names, descriptions and pictures on their website. But at the same time, they are not calling them Motordyne spacers. ...This could be a serious problem.

Marco, you are not the first person to have contacted me with this problem from this vendor.

NOTICE TO EVERYONE:

If you purchased what you thought was a Motordyne product from this vendor (or any other) and you aren't sure if its a genuine Motordyne product, please take pictures and contact me.

If you were sold a counterfeit part, Motordyne will send you a new and genuine replacement for FREE.

Please contact me for details.

Thank you,
Tony Colette
Motordyne

OP, Tony will take care of you

Old 08-16-2010 | 11:46 AM
Xet
damn that is some top notch customer service, great job motordyne!

Old 08-16-2010 | 03:31 PM
thats pretty impressive that motordyne will replace the knockoff spacers for free.

Old 08-16-2010 | 03:46 PM
maybe has nothing to do with anything...but i just installed the motordyne 1/2 spacer yesterday and oh baby it was worth it....i do fell as if my gas mileage went down tho

Old 08-16-2010 | 03:57 PM
WOW that motordyne guy (Tony) is real nice to do that.. I don't even have a spacer from them as of yet, but I'm sure gonna get one from motordyne when I do.. Tony that is a stand up thing u just did bro...

Old 08-17-2010 | 08:31 PM
Retired SuperMod
Staff Alumni
Sad to see g35parts deceiving customers that way.

Tony has shown why his reputation is amongst the best in the G/Z community!

Old 08-17-2010 | 09:50 PM
Man what great customer service by Motordyne!
Btw if anybody knows, after I installed mine sometimes it sounds like a timing belt going bad. It has that high-pitched squeal and wasn't sure what I did wrong...

Old 08-17-2010 | 10:57 PM
No one could ask for better customer service than what Tony gives us at MOTORDYNE....ever! Hope you can stop this company from using your pic and product name....that sucks!
Gary

Old 08-17-2010 | 11:32 PM
Another vote for Motordyne. I've had 3 G35's and have probably gone through $1000 worth of Motordyne parts and through it all Tony has been extremely helpful troubleshooting problems and acquiring replacement parts when necessary.

I tell everybody to buy a Motordyne spacer and MREV2, and if I didn't have my current exhaust already I'd buy one from Motordyne too. Bar none the best company in the G/Z community.

Old 08-18-2010 | 02:03 AM
Overglorified Altima
FWIW, I purchased the following from g35parts.com yesterday.

http://www.g35parts.com/G35-Plenum-S.../516spacer.htm

I had it shipped overnight, so it should arrive tomorrow. BUT, I believe overnight deliveries require signatures and I won't be home tomorrow (it's my last day at my work). So I may have to wait until Thursday to get it.

Curious to see what they send. The picture is clearly lifted off MD's website and shows and MD spacer. Even some of the text/description is from the MD site. So we'll see if they send a generic 5/16" spacer or an MD spacer. Not really sure what to expect at this point as they are using a lot of MD's material, but without the MD name in the title.

Old 08-18-2010 | 08:34 PM
|
Update to my plenum spacer saga:
I contacted the folks at g35parts.com (dba Infiniti of Scottsdale) and expressed my extreme dissatisfaction with the items I received in the mail. After being put on hold for more than 15 minutes, I was finally able to talk to a live body about my online order.

When I explained the issue to representative of my plenum spacer install gone awry, he proceeded to lecture me about why I had gone ahead and installed the spacer in the first place. Remember that I had talked to one of these knowledgeable reps prior to placing my order online and confirmed that I would be getting a Motordyne 5/16 spacer.

He then went on to tell me that the warehouse had shipped the wrong spacer to me. Was this an honest mistake or did they really try to pull a fast one by swapping the higher value Motordyne spacer with one of their OEM ones?

Needless to say, I have learned my lesson. The silver lining if any is that they will be sending me a new genuine Motordyne spacer (the one that I had original ordered from them) shortly.

I want to thank all the fellows who chimed in on this thread and kudos for Tony at Motordyne for standing behind his product and reputation.

Old 08-18-2010 | 08:37 PM
Why not just buy a genuine 5/16 spacer from MD? Is it that much more compared to the g35parts one?

Crap, after taking a look at the spacer I just bought and thought was MD, it also has the seams. Can anyone confirm that MD NEVER made spacers with seams?

Edit: After speaking to Bruce(Boston) who sold me the spacer. He did in fact purchase the spacer with seams. So they were actually produced that way at one time.

Last edited by WhosRich; 08-18-2010 at 10:22 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RE: Motordyne 5/16 Plenum Spacer Troubleshooting Assistance