Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Art Pipes before tune???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 08:27 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Art Pipes before tune???

Alright I'm starting to piece together my exhaust setup. I'm buying Motordyne TDX V2 and I'm also going to buy Motordyne Art pipes.As off now I basically have every basic bolt on engine mod. So my question is can I safely run the Art pipes before I get my Osiris tune. It will probably be about a month and half before I can make it to the shop to get the tune. Also I will have to drive about four hours to get to the closest tuner. Will I be ok?

Thanks for the help

Old 03-16-2011, 08:32 PM
ill Sedan

Received 2,687 Likes on 1,448 Posts
You won't experience any issues by running your ART pipes without a tune.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:35 PM
^Thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:41 PM
ill Sedan

You are doing it in the right order, get all your bolt-ons first, then a tune.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:52 PM
^Im trying. Might do some engin work down the road,but going this route for now.

Old 03-16-2011, 09:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
doing the right thing, bro unless you are like me getting all bolt ons and do engine work and then tune it thats even better.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by CandlestickPark
You are doing it in the right order, get all your bolt-ons first, then a tune.
+1, and post your thought on the ART pipes and TDX V2 combo.

Old 03-16-2011, 11:28 PM
ill Sedan

My thoughts FWIW: you can't go wrong with anything Motordyne, if I had a coupe I would have a Motordyne exhaust for sure. ART Pipes are awesome, the independent dynos speak for themselves. The R&D, quality and performance of Tony's products are top notch!

Old 03-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Amen to that, i have the Titanium Harakiri exhaust Tony discontinued =( only 15 units were made, got the ART pipes and the car sounds and runs like heaven.. all i need is their spacer and Mrev2 sway bars heard they were very well made as well.
My thoughts FWIW: you can't go wrong with anything Motordyne, if I had a coupe I would have a Motordyne exhaust for sure. ART Pipes are awesome, the independent dynos speak for themselves. The R&D, quality and performance of Tony's products are top notch!

Old 03-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My buddy has the catback shockwave from MD on his g and it is already loud. He was thinking about getting ART pipes but in both our opinions its way to loud and sounds like hell.

Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM
^^ It is louder but deepens the sound of the exhaust and plus you make a hell of a lot more power with those ART pipes.. Cops don't even Harass me about them they pulled me over 3 times just to ask what i have cause they say it sounds lovely.. If you are driving like a moronic maniac they will pull your Butt over and get you for multiple things.Drive like you should be and you will get complimented..

Old 03-17-2011, 05:31 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
I have the same setup you're getting. You'll be ok running ART pipes before the tune, but you will for sure be running lean, so I wouldn't advise pushing the car too much.

ART pipes were my last exhaust part, before that, I had every bolt on, HFC's, and was already tuned with Osiris. After I swapped the HFCs to ART pipes, I got a retune like 2 weeks after and my tuner showed me I was running a little lean. So even though I was already tuned, the ART pipes caused me to run a little lean. So in your case, I suggest getting tuned as soon as you can, after you install your ART pipes.

Btw, you're gonna love the combo .

+1. Which is why I have all their parts .

Old 03-17-2011, 05:43 PM
The reason I'm even getting this setup is because of you and Jayk. Love your G's. I listened to the videos of Jayk and your setup and decided that's what I'm getting. Plus Motordyne makes great products. Do you think I will be ok to drive 4 hours on the hwy?That's how far it is to the closest tuner.Also what made you go with the mrev2? You are a A/T correct. Was there that much of a benefit?
Originally Posted by Silencer_0
I have the same setup you're getting. You'll be ok running ART pipes before the tune, but you will for sure be running lean, so I wouldn't advise pushing the car too much.

ART pipes were my last exhaust part, before that, I had every bolt on, HFC's, and was already tuned with Osiris. After I swapped the HFCs to ART pipes, I got a retune like 2 weeks after and my tuner showed me I was running a little lean. So even though I was already tuned, the ART pipes caused me to run a little lean. So in your case, I suggest getting tuned as soon as you can, after you install your ART pipes.

Btw, you're gonna love the combo .

+1. Which is why I have all their parts .

Last edited by JJSOLON; 03-17-2011 at 05:49 PM.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dont know I just love the way the car sounds stock and that tone seems to be lost with that exhaust combo. Im putting HFCs on my stock exhaust cuz I want the stock tone just louder. I only care about sound cuz unless you got a turbo all these bolt ons you will barely feel IMO.

Old 03-17-2011, 06:02 PM
Received 264 Likes on 147 Posts
Originally Posted by JJSOLON
The reason I'm even getting this setup is because of you and Jayk. Love your G's. I listened to the videos of Jayk and your setup and decided that's what I'm getting. Plus Motordyne makes great products. Do you think I will be ok to drive 4 hours on the hwy?That's how far it is to the closest tuner.Also what made you go with the mrev2? You are a A/T correct. Was there that much of a benefit?
Thanks, we had an awesome time making that video haha. You'll be ok making the trip, your motor won't blow up or anything like that lol. Just don't be going WOT all the time. Correct, I have a 5AT. Tony was kind enough to trade me a new MREV2 in exchange for my stock lower plenum (I know, I'm lucky). Honestly, I felt a slight power gain, but I would suggest leaving the MREV2 for the 6MT's and putting that money towards another mod. Unless of course you're trying to squeeze out every HP you can.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Art Pipes before tune???