Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

hks dual exhaust help!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry hks dual exhaust help!!!!

I just installed a hks dual exhaust and i noticed that it is only blowing air out of one pipe.( the right side) I took it for a test drive and came back and checked the left pipe still no air coming out and cold to the touch. was like it was when i just put it on. Well i realized the pipe start to get cold right around the resonator on the h-pipe. its like there is no air going through there. plus the exhaust sounds nothing like what the videos sound like.( i know the videos arnt the real thing and sound different but this sounds worse then a honda)
What do you guys think is wrong!?!? please help.
oh yea it is used also.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Received 140 Likes on 129 Posts
I'm thinking there could possibly be an obstruction in the piping that is right before the H-pipe section. Who did you get the exhaust from?

Old 04-23-2011, 04:07 PM
thats what i was thinking but what could cause an obstruction like? kinda weird and the guy i bought it from is on3_Lo35 off this thread.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:11 PM
I would just check to see if there is an obstruction in there. I don't know what could be in there though.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Report back when you find out what is wrong and or if there is anything blocking the exhaust flow.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:29 PM
will do. im gunna go check it right now. it is really bothering me!

Old 04-23-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
have you heard of the fckin search button and having the courtesy to spend a few minutes at least searching up an issue instead of cluttering up the forum necessarily, you can also delete useless threads like this one in thread options on the top right btw....

it took me 10 seconds to go and do a title search for HKS and look what i found in the first result...
actually in this same intake/exhaust section you created this thread in, look fckin below and you will see Accord Freak's thread about 10 threads below yours, you didn't even bother looking around at all did ya....
and on top of all that you called out a member by name unnecessarily without even knowing the facts... stay classy guy

https://g35driver.com/forums/intake-...e-picture.html

Last edited by Adon; 04-23-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 04:52 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
yea i saw that but that wouldnt restrict the airflow so much tht nothing is going out. the only thing that i came to conclusion would be the pipe is bigger on my side. there are carbon deposits from the previous owner past the h pipe so it much of worked sometime.

and thanks for saying it so nicely. i kno what the search button does and i kno where it is located. thanks again captain obvious.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by Adon
have you heard of the fckin search button and having the courtesy to spend a few minutes at least searching up an issue instead of cluttering up the forum necessarily, you can also delete useless threads like this one in thread options on the top right btw....

it took me 10 seconds to go and do a title search for HKS and look what i found in the first result...
actually in this same intake/exhaust section you created this thread in, look fckin below and you will see Accord Freak's thread about 10 threads below yours, you didn't even bother looking around at all did ya....
and on top of all that you called out a member by name unnecessarily without even knowing the facts... stay classy guy

Your one to talk. I just asked him where he got the exhaust from. In no way did he bad mouth the member that he bought it from or throw him under the bus, etc. I have the same exhaust and I am fully aware of this issue that a handful of members have had. But in no one would I think that if Nocturnal had this obstruction that it would completely block flow.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:52 PM
well i found out what was restricting it and no it was not the h-pipe. the muffler has a whole punch of packing in it. from where, i have no idea. hopefully i can get it all out and make it work.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts

Wow. What an a$$hole.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:24 PM
^ yea ok so the guy with 6 posts who's too lazy to whip out a wrench and take a proper look underneath his car instead goes cluttering up the forum with issues that have already been answered is cool,, but a known member like myself who's helped this forum more than all you guys combined is the a$$hole...

come back when you got something reasonably sensible to say, otherwise just keep it movin buddy

Old 05-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Received 54 Likes on 47 Posts
^ yea ok so the guy with 6 posts who's too lazy to whip out a wrench and take a proper look underneath his car instead goes cluttering up the forum with issues that have already been answered is cool,, but a known member like myself who's helped this forum more than all you guys combined is the a$$hole...

come back when you got something reasonably sensible to say, otherwise just keep it movin buddy
1300 posts. Congratulations. How many of those 1300 are as ignorant and worthless as the two you posted in here? Great job e-thug. You give G owners a bad name.

Old 05-03-2011, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by Jhambor
1300 posts. Congratulations. How many of those 1300 are as ignorant and worthless as the two you posted in here? Great job e-thug. You give G owners a bad name.

e-thug? i give g owners a bad name ? bahaha, this comin from a 7 post noob...
if you really want an answer to your question btw take a look at my thread and post history before you open your mouth,