Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

M2 Performance Exhaust REVIEW! [HKS REPLICA]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sick, i love that sound so bad

Old 05-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Quality isn't bad at all... The drone can get bad for some people but honestly it doesn't bother me at all. I love it! Outside of the car the exhaust sounds mean. Inside its ehh... but its what they hear on the outside that counts!!

Old 05-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by rockstar1292
Quality isn't bad at all... The drone can get bad for some people but honestly it doesn't bother me at all. I love it! Outside of the car the exhaust sounds mean. Inside its ehh... but its what they hear on the outside that counts!!
I like the way you think man.... its the outside noise that counts !!

I'll be installing mine today and we will see how it goes...

Old 05-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, So I've installed this exhaust on my car this week. And after getting the company to ship all the parts that were initially missing, it's finally bolted on completely. However, the tips are pretty far offset and too high on both sides. Anyone actually tried fixing this themselves instead of getting a shop to? If so, how did they go about doing it?

Thanks, Tyler

Old 05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you could try a torch from the hardware store to heat up the hangers doubt you'd get it hot enough or have enough play to get them good enough though. You best bet is to find some mom and pop type exhaust shop that will charge next to nothing

Old 05-28-2011, 04:08 AM
Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerK
Alright, So I've installed this exhaust on my car this week. And after getting the company to ship all the parts that were initially missing, it's finally bolted on completely. However, the tips are pretty far offset and too high on both sides. Anyone actually tried fixing this themselves instead of getting a shop to? If so, how did they go about doing it?

Thanks, Tyler
I got mine installed today and the left exhaust is high touching my bumper and it is not centered. I really suggest bringing it to a good muffler shop to heat the pipes and fix it.

I got mine pretty good... spent $100 install plus the fix...all good...ill post a pic later

Old 05-28-2011, 03:29 PM
Well, I just finished installing mine. The tips were real far offset and too high on the right. It was extremely easy to fix. All I did was weld extra roundstock and bend with an oxyacetylene torch and vise grips. Turned out perfect and took only about an hour and a half.

Old 05-28-2011, 03:38 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It was extremely easy to fix. All I did was weld extra roundstock and bend with an oxyacetylene torch and vise grips. Turned out perfect and took only about an hour and a half.

Yea, real easy. I forgot everyone knows how to weld. Haha

Old 05-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
For those of you who are lazy or don't know how to do it, bring it to a shop and get it done right. Post all your pictures and videos in this thread so everyone can see them I'll post them along with my review!!

Old 06-07-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by rockstar1292
Thanks for the reinforcement airzjordan! How do you like the exhaust so far? I've gotten nothing but compliments. My friends love it and I love it as well
I love the exhaust more and more everyday. Even my Girl wants to drive my G more , when she has a full kitted Nismo Z, because of the exhaust.... LOL

And now that I have had the exhaust for a couple months now , everything has settled in, no more smell, and the exhaust seems alot smoother and a little big quieter, not as harsh.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by NATH_19
Hey man.. if you dont mind PM me the price Valley muffler charged you for the install...they are very close to me and once I get this exhaust I'll have them install it. What location did you go ??

Thanks !!

Very good review of the HKS replica !!
I went to the one right at the Nogales and Valley intersection, the location right next the the Mc Donalds. Sure i'll PM you.

Old 06-18-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Have the very same exhaust, got mines from Statik, very good exhaust, sounds nice, definite mid-high end gains in the RPM.

Old 06-18-2011, 04:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this vendor has great customer service on their M2 products...

Old 06-18-2011, 04:33 PM
forgot to mention i ordered lots of exhaust stuff from this vendor and still happy with their products 2 years later...

Old 06-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Well, I just finished installing mine. The tips were real far offset and too high on the right. It was extremely easy to fix. All I did was weld extra roundstock and bend with an oxyacetylene torch and vise grips. Turned out perfect and took only about an hour and a half.
if the muffler tip is off use a propane torch and bend with pliers and you're good to go...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M2 Performance Exhaust REVIEW! [HKS REPLICA]