Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

M2 Performance Exhaust REVIEW! [HKS REPLICA]

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 09:23 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Bump for more people to check it out!!

Old 08-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Mine's coming in tuesday. I'll let you know what I think once I put it on :]

Old 08-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well finally got mine.

Sound
I love the sound. It sounds deep but not too farty. It's not loud at all. It might be a little loud for a stock car but in my case, it barely drowns out the supercharger which is exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't get too loud when you step on it. I am not sure if placement (1st/2nd hole) of the tips makes a difference but running with no tips makes it louder and a little raspy.

Quality
Looks like any other quality exhaust out there. The welds look good and the material is good. Mine had a few minor dents in it from shipping but what can you do. I don't see why everyone complains about the tips. They look great in my opinion.

Fitment
I would say it fits about 80%. It required a little muscle work to get it in position. You can tell that there is some stress on the bolts here and there to hold it aligned. Plus the extension pipes are a complete waste of time. It's hard to get them aligned properly...they introduce more gaskets/parts in the mix for no reason. It should've been one piece but hey they gotta market it to Z's as well.

The tips were off and it required some work at an exhaust shop to get them aligned. Nothing crazy, just a pry bar to bend the hangers. 15 mins tops.

So was it worth it? Yeah it was. The price and the sound were determining factors when I was looking for exhausts. This one delivers on both. Plus an exhaust is an exhaust. Don't be put off by comments from people who paid thousands more for the same thing. I would be mad too hahaha. Get one

Old 08-24-2011, 06:02 PM
Originally Posted by megacrazy
Well finally got mine.

Sound
I love the sound. It sounds deep but not too farty. It's not loud at all. It might be a little loud for a stock car but in my case, it barely drowns out the supercharger which is exactly what I was looking for. It doesn't get too loud when you step on it. I am not sure if placement (1st/2nd hole) of the tips makes a difference but running with no tips makes it louder and a little raspy.

Quality
Looks like any other quality exhaust out there. The welds look good and the material is good. Mine had a few minor dents in it from shipping but what can you do. I don't see why everyone complains about the tips. They look great in my opinion.

Fitment
I would say it fits about 80%. It required a little muscle work to get it in position. You can tell that there is some stress on the bolts here and there to hold it aligned. Plus the extension pipes are a complete waste of time. It's hard to get them aligned properly...they introduce more gaskets/parts in the mix for no reason. It should've been one piece but hey they gotta market it to Z's as well.

The tips were off and it required some work at an exhaust shop to get them aligned. Nothing crazy, just a pry bar to bend the hangers. 15 mins tops.

So was it worth it? Yeah it was. The price and the sound were determining factors when I was looking for exhausts. This one delivers on both. Plus an exhaust is an exhaust. Don't be put off by comments from people who paid thousands more for the same thing. I would be mad too hahaha. Get one
Thanks for the review!! The tips look good but that burnt finish wears off after a while. My burnt titanium look on the tips is starting to go. Was thinking of spraying them chrome but the heat will just burn it off...

Old 08-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Went through a set of M2 before going single but I have to say for the money it was a decent dual exhaust system... some minor adjustments had to be done but in the end it looked... well good... not like anybody ever craw under my car and say hey those there pipes are shiny as hell... hahaha

The following users liked this post:
ThatOneDude (10-11-2011)
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM
Addict
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
i am soon thinking buying one for my car i already have berks high flow cats do you think this exhaust will mate good with the Hfcs anyone?

Old 09-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Severe
i am soon thinking buying one for my car i already have berks high flow cats do you think this exhaust will mate good with the Hfcs anyone?
Not sure if it will sound good with HFCs... This is my first aftermarket exhaust I've ever purchased. I'm running it with stock cats.

Where in New York are you located?

Old 09-29-2011, 10:29 AM
CLUB MODERATOR
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
hey! so after having the exhaust for a couple months now, do you still like it?? any problems at all?? i think i'm going to oreder the same set from the same guy as you on here in the vendors, but i just want your opinion, thanks man!

Old 09-29-2011, 01:06 PM
Addict
Originally Posted by rockstar1292
Not sure if it will sound good with HFCs... This is my first aftermarket exhaust I've ever purchased. I'm running it with stock cats.

Where in New York are you located?

nice. im in the bronx if you go to meets or what not i would personally like to hear your car in person.

Last edited by acee; 10-01-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does either vendor produce more quality than the other, or is it the same exact product?
Not sure if I should go with Martinelli Motorsports or Mr. Wong from Statik.
Thanks

Old 10-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Addict
Originally Posted by Chopeezy
Does either vendor produce more quality than the other, or is it the same exact product?
Not sure if I should go with Martinelli Motorsports or Mr. Wong from Statik.
Thanks
i think in my opinion is to ask both for their best price n go with whomever. They both sell the same exact product.

Old 10-08-2011, 12:15 AM
Addict
I just ordered mines. I'm hoping everything goes well.

Old 11-03-2011, 02:00 AM
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts
Whats good G Fam? I'm abt to get this setup from Stafe but I honestly dislike the 4.5" outlet. I wanna swap them out for something smaller I was wondering if 1 of you guys... anybody that has it cld measure the full length of the tips for me. From the muffler where it like bends and connects to the tips! Thanks to anyone that does it, I wld greatly appreciate it. & to the OP, definitely gonna take ur advice get that Magnaflow X-Pipe!

Old 11-06-2011, 02:36 AM
Addict
heres mines with berks high flow cats

ill try again though i have crappy audio...but just a small preview...

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheSevereOne?feature=mhee

IN MY OPINION IT DRONES LIKE CRAZY AND AND ITS REALLY LOUD....IM CONSIDERING GETTING A MAGNAFLOW XPIPE OR STICKING BACK THE STOCK EXHAUST AGAIN, I LOVE THE LOOK AND IT IDLES GOOD BUT AT 2K OR 3K IT DRONES TOO LOUD...I CANT EVEN SPEED WITHOUT GETTING ATTENTION....

ANYONE KNOW IF I SHOULD GET THE X PIPE AND IF IT WILL CURE THE LOUDNESS OR SHOULD I STICK BACK THE STOCK....

Last edited by acee; 11-06-2011 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:20 PM
Addict
just got stopped by a cop and he let me slide but its really loud

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: M2 Performance Exhaust REVIEW! [HKS REPLICA]