Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen SES Exhaust owners!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injen SES Exhaust owners!

I have read every single thred in the exhaust forum, but i still have one question. Those with the Injen Exhaust, are you happy with it? I really want this exhaust for the sic look of it, but i dont want to make an $800 mistake, plz help. How is the sound? deep and hollow like the stock? is it loud, im looking for a noticable increase in sound, let me know you opinions. thx a lo

Old 12-08-2004, 01:13 PM
My opinion

If you your looking for a louder sound, then yes there is a noticeable difference. It sounds very nice, you'll love it. My only problem with this exhaust is that on my exhaust it was not a direct bolt on because I am going to have to modify the tubes to make it fit perfectly. If you look at my car from behind the right exhaust tip sticks out further then the left by about 3 inches. Also my exhaust rattles which I believe it is from the exhaust having direct contact with the under carriage, which I will have to modify as well. I have spoken to Injen directly and they said they are aware of this problem on some of there exhaust and they would take care of it for me if I take my car to them. I understand that not all exhayst are like this out of the box, so maybe I just had some bad kuck, but now I have to take my car to Pomona this Fri. so that Injen can fix this problem.

Old 12-08-2004, 01:44 PM
my exhaust rattles too...injen said people who have this problem theyllt ake care of?

Old 12-08-2004, 08:27 PM
Thanx for the advice. But does it sound ricey, or does it keep the stock deep sound?

Old 12-09-2004, 03:22 AM
the sound is very nice, i have test pipes, it is not ricey at all... really deep, but not like stock, somewhere in between a wrx and a stock g35 , its deep like almost like a subarus tone without the puttering, but has a nice pitch to it. It sounds mean as hell, not like stock tho, i would just describe it as mean. loud from outside the car, not too bad inside, gains are def there, bitch to install but after some playing with it youll get it right, you need to flip you hanger bracket upside down and hang one of the sides higher, mine was the drivers side and than the fit was perfect.... its a very good exhaust, better looking than any others ive seen...

Attached Thumbnails Injen SES Exhaust owners!-niceass.jpg  
Old 12-18-2004, 03:36 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
this exhaust is awesome. we definetly sell this and the GReddy EVO2 the most for the G and the 350Z.

Old 12-20-2004, 01:17 AM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
I've heard the system in person, hearing it on the net in sound clips does not do it justice, but that really doesn't do ANY system justice for that matter. Such clips will give you a basic flavor that does ring true however. I liked what I heard so much that I went out and crafted a Injen system on my own for my sedan. Even with a X-crossover that I used and the silencers in place it's on the loud side at full howl. I do find a certain joy inside tunnels I must admit.

Old 12-20-2004, 02:35 AM
CAn the injen owners elaborate more on the sound? Are there any droning noise on the injen exhaust?? LIke a constant drone sound no matter what rpm your at? Or is it only loud on high rpms and in the low rpms , its not that much different from stock?? Thank You.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:06 AM
I dont know about you guys, but me and a lot of people I know with this exhaust gets fiberglass all over our rear bumpers from the resonators and mufflers blowing it all out. My system kept blowing out fiberglass until it was completely empty and it sounded ricey as hell. I ended up having to repack the resonators and mufflers myself with extra thick SS wool. Injen never gave me an answer as to why it happened except they told me I was the only one.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:42 AM
fugit,made up my mind, thx chuck for the nitty gritty info i wanted, u conviced me to put my order in for an injen, which i just did. i know ima be happy with the sound, and especially those fatty chrome cannisters. Cant wait to rip on it in some tunnels, i feel ya g35sedan, . thx guys.

Old 12-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Nothing on the exhaust is chromed.

Old 12-20-2004, 03:01 PM
Sux u had a bad experience with the product, steve. Ive taken your post into consideration, but too many people rave about the injen. hopefully it all goes well. thx people.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:27 PM
Well they claim to have fixed up the whole fiber glass issue, I wonder if its true or not. Or they just want to get rid of their stock of old injen exhausts before next year. But, the injen exhaust deal seems to be a pretty good price, Im thinking about buying it also, so can anybody answer my question about the sound?? Im really looking for a exhaust that is slightly louder and deeper than stock but nothing ridiculous, Im afraid injen might be too loud for me. I dont want something that will turn heads around because of my loud exhaust, when i drive down the block.

Old 12-20-2004, 08:50 PM
Gaaar, ive heard the borla in person and tis just what u want, deep rumble, and only gets louder when u mash on it. My taste for a catback is opposite, i want mine loud, good looking and a head turner. Id get the stillen, HP gains look nice, but i heard its way too loud, maybe thats just 35 and up owners who dont like the noise. Im only 20, i think that says it all. And if u look at the gains for the injen, HP is nicely increased, but more importantly, a nice tourque increase too.

Old 12-22-2004, 02:55 AM
I just had the Injen Dual SES installed today. The sound is a medium level with a deep growl. It's much louder than stock. I love the sound and the exhaust looks super.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Injen SES Exhaust owners!