Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen SES Exhaust owners!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just read in a review that both resignators busted open at the down pipes from the motor twisting? anybody ever heard of this? i read it under reviews on performancenissanparts.com

Old 12-22-2004, 02:59 PM
I had the GReddy EVO II with resonated test pipes and recently switched to the Injen with High-Flow cats - and I'd have to say that I'm very happy overall - the exhaust is much louder/deeper than my previous setup, but it's still tolerable - and the look from the rear is exactly what I wanted - aggressive yet clean... I thought I'd feel a loss in power after the switch, but to my amazement, it actually feels like it pulls harder in the lower rpms than it did before... overall, I/m a very satisfied customer (and I got the new version - everything fit perfectly, but I had to custom fabricate a new hangar for the driver's side so it wouldn't rub on the rear crossmember, which the exhaust rubbed on even after putting spacers between it and the body - a little too much work for an exhaust this expensive, but it turned out PERFECT)

Old 12-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by severedties
i just read in a review that both resignators busted open at the down pipes from the motor twisting? anybody ever heard of this? i read it under reviews on performancenissanparts.com
That exact same thing happened to me. That, and the resonators blowing **** out leads me to believe their system is very poorly made.

Old 12-23-2004, 03:47 AM
im dinking about getting this injen ses as well -_-

Old 12-24-2004, 07:48 PM
contact Moog and buy the Pro 1. we have set off thousands of car alarms without any problems. we just washed the G ( 7:42pm EST) now, sat pm philly area, and the exhaust looks like new with 9k on odometer. we had dealer install it before we even picked up car. no resonators(never put 'em in) illegal db, who cares.

Old 12-24-2004, 11:04 PM
injen sends you warranty replacement pipes if you have the fiberglass issue. I baught the system used and they still sent me them within 1 week of me telling them about the problem, i didnt have to give them proof either..... i insisted on sending before and after pics but it did not matter. GREAT PRODUCT!!!! if you got the problem let them know they will fix it, ps the new pipes ARE corrected....

Old 01-05-2005, 01:39 PM
a.k.a. RANDYS_G
Originally Posted by Gsedan35
I've heard the system in person, hearing it on the net in sound clips does not do it justice, but that really doesn't do ANY system justice for that matter. Such clips will give you a basic flavor that does ring true however. I liked what I heard so much that I went out and crafted a Injen system on my own for my sedan. Even with a X-crossover that I used and the silencers in place it's on the loud side at full howl. I do find a certain joy inside tunnels I must admit.
Will the x-crossover you made fit on my coupe's Injen exhaust? Please PM me the answer...thank you

Old 01-05-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by chuckd05
the sound is very nice, i have test pipes, it is not ricey at all... really deep, but not like stock, somewhere in between a wrx and a stock g35 , its deep like almost like a subarus tone without the puttering, but has a nice pitch to it. It sounds mean as hell, not like stock tho, i would just describe it as mean. loud from outside the car, not too bad inside, gains are def there, bitch to install but after some playing with it youll get it right, you need to flip you hanger bracket upside down and hang one of the sides higher, mine was the drivers side and than the fit was perfect.... its a very good exhaust, better looking than any others ive seen...
NICE RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
Banned
The Exhaust Really Rips After 3500 Rpm's If You Take Out Your Cats And Add Some Helix Ss Test Pipes...im Really Happy I Did It, Couldnt Be Happy With My $800 Mistake ;0)