Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

HKS replica exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
HKS replica exhaust

I am looking for a HKS replica exhaust for cheap. I got quoted $400+ for m2 by vendors on here but I see ones on ebay for less than that. Maybe some replicas are more expensive than others? I am looking for an xo2 but I cannot find one on ebay. I can only find godspeed ones which I heard are bad. I am looking for a good replica for cheap. I would appreciate it if anyone could help me find one or point me in the right direction. Thanks

Old 06-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
You do know that cheap knock-off will crack and you'll waste more money on the long run right?
Just save up some more and get a decent set-up or used ones on this forum
Cheers

Old 06-21-2013, 05:23 PM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by Donger
You do know that cheap knock-off will crack and you'll waste more money on the long run right?
Just save up some more and get a decent set-up or used ones on this forum
Cheers
Care to show proof of x02 style clones cracking? I have never seen any cracked, a few of the very first ever produced x02's had rust issues, but nothing since then. If you want to hate on the knockoff brands, at least be truthful about their actual weaknesses: fitment and how their tips look.

To the OP, look up the big thread reviewing the m2 exhaust, it by far is the best quality x02 style exhaust and seems to have good fitment and good looking tips as well. You may find some other brands that are ok such as cxracing or w/e, but m2 may be worth your money if you aren't interested in the lower quality godspeed-like ones.

The following users liked this post:
NATH_19 (06-21-2013)
Old 06-21-2013, 08:00 PM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm pretty sure they're all made in the same factory in china haha you'll have some fitment issues but nothing unfixable. The tips look horrible though. When I installed mine the tips were tucked in a little bit and rubbing against the bumper (melting it) but I chopped the horrible looking tips off and had a pair of borla tips from my old set up welded on and now fitment is on point just gotta fix a few gasket leaks which is another issue you'll probably have.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My TopSpeed Pro 1 (HKS Rep) is great and gives me no problems. Fit is great and no rust or any of that.

Old 06-22-2013, 01:30 AM
Xet
Originally Posted by KrazySouthG35
I'm pretty sure they're all made in the same factory in china haha you'll have some fitment issues but nothing unfixable. The tips look horrible though. When I installed mine the tips were tucked in a little bit and rubbing against the bumper (melting it) but I chopped the horrible looking tips off and had a pair of borla tips from my old set up welded on and now fitment is on point just gotta fix a few gasket leaks which is another issue you'll probably have.
If you've seen some different brands in person or even in reviews on here you'd definitely see the fitment difference between a brand like m2 and the cheapest ebay ones. They are extremely different...

Old 06-23-2013, 07:57 PM
Banned
Received 989 Likes on 825 Posts
really try to look used man...i was contemplating a rep too but once i heard a rep in person and the hks side by side, the difference in sound was undeniable. personally i feel the hks held a more "exotic" note while the knockoff sounded almost flat in a way. spend the extra 2-300 and not only will your quality issues be mostly avoided but appearance and its sound keep you more than happy

Old 06-23-2013, 08:03 PM
I can attest to the "flat" sound. I just ordered a magnaflow midpipe to hopefully liven it up a little

Old 06-23-2013, 08:04 PM
Banned
i do wonder what a rep and art pipes would sound like though...that would liven it up! but who knows about any droning issues..

Old 06-23-2013, 08:06 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
really try to look used man...i was contemplating a rep too but once i heard a rep in person and the hks side by side, the difference in sound was undeniable. personally i feel the hks held a more "exotic" note while the knockoff sounded almost flat in a way. spend the extra 2-300 and not only will your quality issues be mostly avoided but appearance and its sound keep you more than happy
$200-300?!?! What super overpriced replica are you buying, or what stupid cheap authentic are you buying? The difference in price isn't even close to being as small as $300.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:07 PM
I have a pair of resonated test pipes that will probably be going on as well

Old 06-23-2013, 08:12 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Xet
$200-300?!?! What super overpriced replica are you buying, or what stupid cheap authentic are you buying? The difference in price isn't even close to being as small as $300.
used sir...used lol...
so many stellar ideas flying through my head that I forgot to mention one very important word lol.
but yeah pick up one used ..best bet. picked up mine from another member for 700.

Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by KrazySouthG35
I have a pair of resonated test pipes that will probably be going on as well
curious to hear that... post link to a video when done!

Old 06-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Xet
Originally Posted by jerseytaylor
used sir...used lol...
so many stellar ideas flying through my head that I forgot to mention one very important word lol.
but yeah pick up one used ..best bet. picked up mine from another member for 700.
Wow you got a good deal, even for used! Good pickup, if you can get one at that price you can even get the magnaflow crossover to eliminate the restriction issue that some have experience with their HKS exhausts for a pretty decent price overall.

Old 06-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry Xet, I came from the bike scene, some pple on the current Ducati forum runs the knock-offs cheap system..and the damn thing burned a big hole in their bikes and in their wallet...so I was just assuming it applies to quality from car parts

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: HKS replica exhaust