Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Best exhaust system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 05:19 PM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
If you have to make an improvement to a system that's supposed to be great. It wasn't great to begin with hence the magnaflo. You said you installed it to make the exhaust better. I added nothing to my exoticspeed and it sounds beautiful. The other day someone asked to buy my car after hearing my exhaust. JKL1031, thanks, least someone else understands that there are other manufacturers that make better systems than the ones manufacturers are charging an arm and a leg for only to find it's not as great as you're lead to believe. And again, yes motordyne makes a good system but they aren't the only ones. For the record, I'm not saying exoticspeed because I have one and love it. I'm referring to Meisterchraft, greddy, Amuse, and all the other great exhaust systems out there. I would never say exoticspeed is the best because there are too many great exhaust systems on the market.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:48 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Brooks, everyone has different taste that's why they make Honda and Toyota. Did some research on exoticspeed exhaust, nice looking system. I would never buy an exhaust system listening to vids because they're only as good as the systems they're recorded on. That said, with OE cats it doesn't sound much different than factory. With HFCs there's a lot of poping and cracking, which might have been the Z they were using. Proof an exhaust sounds right is when you hear it in person by attending meets and talking to members, that's what all members should do before laying down those big $$...Gary

Old 09-15-2014, 05:50 PM
Received 820 Likes on 595 Posts
Gary go to the rocket bunny thread.

Old 09-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Originally Posted by Shane-O-Mac
Gary go to the rocket bunny thread.
Yea, I know...with my camera.

Old 10-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
exhaust

i have a 2005 g35 coupe with...

rev-up air box, K&N filter, and z tube
5/16 motordyne plenum
invidia 2.5 test pipes
stillen 2.5 y pipe
stock midpipe with extended resonator on it and a muffler delete

im about to get the osiris by uprev but before i do i have to quiet this thing down.. i really need help on what kind of rear muffler to get put on my car. preferably one that can take out as much drone and rasp as possible..
any help would be extremely appreciated..

Old 10-13-2014, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisconrey
i have a 2005 g35 coupe with... rev-up air box, K&N filter, and z tube 5/16 motordyne plenum invidia 2.5 test pipes stillen 2.5 y pipe stock midpipe with extended resonator on it and a muffler delete im about to get the osiris by uprev but before i do i have to quiet this thing down.. i really need help on what kind of rear muffler to get put on my car. preferably one that can take out as much drone and rasp as possible.. any help would be extremely appreciated..
OEM / magma flow

Old 10-13-2014, 09:30 PM
Received 738 Likes on 627 Posts
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
OEM / magma flow
The OEM is not magnaflow. I mean its not a magnaflow performance muffler anyway. Believe me. I've done a direct replacement, and they are not the same.

The following users liked this post:
LongJohn6284 (11-25-2014)
Old 11-25-2014, 08:59 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
SCRAGGLEROCK, did replacing the OEM muffler with a magnaflow counterpart make a difference in sound?

Ive realized a long time ago that i dont have enough money to make the car fast, but would like it to be a little more aggressive, and dont want to put 2000+ dollars for 30whp

Old 11-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by LongJohn6284
SCRAGGLEROCK, did replacing the OEM muffler with a magnaflow counterpart make a difference in sound?

Ive realized a long time ago that i dont have enough money to make the car fast, but would like it to be a little more aggressive, and dont want to put 2000+ dollars for 30whp
Hell yeah it did. It opens up a lot of lost HP too. Revs a lot faster, and feels less wound up. Take off the resonator too, and its even better. The stock muffler is filled with fiberglass cuz of noise laws and the MF is completely hollow. Basically just works like a resonator. When you have an intake, z-tube and plenum spacer it sounds the best.

Old 11-26-2014, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock
Hell yeah it did. It opens up a lot of lost HP too. Revs a lot faster, and feels less wound up. Take off the resonator too, and its even better. The stock muffler is filled with fiberglass cuz of noise laws and the MF is completely hollow. Basically just works like a resonator. When you have an intake, z-tube and plenum spacer it sounds the best.
Ricer . Can you use a quality microphone and get a sound clip!?

Old 11-26-2014, 01:20 AM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer
Ricer . Can you use a quality microphone and get a sound clip!?
I'm sure there are some magnaflow systems on YouTube. It would be no different other than the pipes are mandrel bent on a complete system.

Old 12-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been hearing a lot about the HKS systems but why has no one mentioned the Stillen exhaust system.. If you want a sexy sound (personal preference) That's the way to go. Side note, is it nessacary to go as far as replacing the headers and cats if Im looking to let my exhaust breathe better??

New to the site ......

Old 12-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Originally Posted by AutoX Junkie05
I have been hearing a lot about the HKS systems but why has no one mentioned the Stillen exhaust system.. If you want a sexy sound (personal preference) That's the way to go. Side note, is it nessacary to go as far as replacing the headers and cats if Im looking to let my exhaust breathe better??
New to the site ......
Stillen has their G35 coupe exhaust made by Magnflow, it's just a y-back system and sounds no better than OE! I had one sponsored a few years ago and installed it which lasted two weeks. That was the time it took me to get the HKS exhaust. Headers are not necessary being a PIA to install and offering little results! Once you've found a good exhaust system the next step should be high flow cats (HFC) which changes the sound considerably and gives you an easy 8 whp! They're legal in 48 states which is more states than it's legal to wear my NRA t-shirt to school.
Gary