Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen SES vs. Fujitsubo Legalis R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:41 AM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sen_jen
torque helps to get you off the line into the 1st gear quick. after that it's horsepower. (correct me if i'm wrong). 10 second EK (honda civic) n/a cars have extremely low (190 average) torque, but 400+ hp.
Your not wrong. But I talking about a 3500 LB car here that is rated at 298hp. The Hondas
Sure are very impressive.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:36 AM
the injen is loud as hell with test pipes, just thought you should know.....

Old 04-06-2005, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by GEE PASTA
Your not wrong. But I talking about a 3500 LB car here that is rated at 298hp. The Hondas
Sure are very impressive.
Good point, those gutted out Civics are what, only 2500lbs soaking wet?

Same reason that sportbikes have really low torque but like 150+ HP, the less it weighs the less concerned about torque you can be. Unfortunately our G's are on the heavy side =\

Old 04-06-2005, 06:39 AM
Originally Posted by ChuckP
the injen is loud as hell with test pipes, just thought you should know.....
The injen is also very loud w/o test pipes. PimpinPearl has the injen and it is too loud for my tastes. I've also heard Borla with RT Cats (my favorite combo), Stillen with Crawford cats (too much of a drone with stillen), Fujitsubo (deeper at WOT but quiet like stock around town), and a couple of others but never paid close enough attention to make a fair comment.

BTW, Injen alone is louder than my z-tube, Crawford Plenum, Crawford Headers, Crawford Cats, JIC Y-Pipe set up.

Old 04-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by copbait
No offense but suggesting that louder = more power is ricer mentality and could not be more wrong.

Don't expect many gains by just replacing the exhaust, you need to dump the ypipe and cats to make any real difference.
well it seems you understand what i mean then, i am saying that I realized i had to go full to get any sort of real gains. And its kind of been a proven fact that you can not get more power without sacarficing something. I dont see anywhere on my post about suggesting louder is better, merely a statement about how "i felt" hence going full race headers and the borla.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally Posted by mcy4ever
well it seems you understand what i mean then, i am saying that I realized i had to go full to get any sort of real gains. And its kind of been a proven fact that you can not get more power without sacarficing something. I dont see anywhere on my post about suggesting louder is better, merely a statement about how "i felt" hence going full race headers and the borla.
I was only reacting to this sentence, where you seem to think sound is related to power:

It wasn't loud at all just a pinch more then stock, made me wonder if i have an real gains in HP.
Maybe you just misworded it, but it's there nonetheless

Old 04-07-2005, 04:19 PM
I'll be goin to the dyno on Mon. & all I've got is a Fuji + UT Ypipe & intake. I'll post the #'s & then we can compare them to baseline BTW what are the baseline #'s for the 04 6MT?

Old 04-08-2005, 03:34 PM
Modded Member
Wow! I am in shock- just heard a G coupe with Injen SES and what sounded like test pipes, and it was loud, deep and raw. I have definitely decided that Injen is the way to go for me.

Anybody know whose car it was? Black 6MT coupe lowered, with Injen SES, tinted, partially debadged and a "Skyline" license plate frame. I saw the car in San Rafael, Ca.