Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

BORLA SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-09-2003, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BORLA SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

i just had my borla exhaust system installed this morning, and let me tell you, all those posts saying it sounds like stock, well at least mine doesn't. it has a deeper note at all rpm's. i think for the money, you definitely can't beat it.

Old 08-09-2003, 02:44 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: BORLA SOUNDS AWESOME!!!

Great ramo, glad to hear you like it. From the clips I heard, I figured it to be a little louder and throatier.
How about the seat of the pants dyno? Can you feel the 8 or so hp and few torques?
I install mine this week and can't wait. Borla is cool.
Any hangups on the install?-- thanks.

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 08-09-2003, 03:18 PM

Ramo, you are the man. I was starting to think I made a mistake. You cant help but start to beleive peoples negative views after a while. I heard and like the Borla and am waiting, not patiently, but waiting for the Borla from the group buy to get here. What other mods do you have that might influence the sound?

Luv My G

Old 08-09-2003, 03:31 PM

Excellent I'm happy it turned out good for you! For me personally, it wasn't that I didn't like the sound or think it was deep enough, it was the fact that the tips weren't what I was looking for and that it wasn't polished. (And a personal comment that was made to me by the company doing the Group Buy that sealed the deal to change my mind).
So, once again...Congrats! [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite

Old 08-09-2003, 04:52 PM

i also have a stillen grounding kit, and an injen intake. about it not being polished, well you have to either be far away to be able to notice the muffler, or be down on your knees looking for it. i definitely noticed improvement . but now i am looking into the technosquare ecu. what do you guys think? a waste of money, or worh it?

Old 08-09-2003, 08:08 PM

As far as a polished muffler is concerned I guess I don't understand??? The stock muffler was sprayed black to hide it - It's under the car for gosh sakes. I built my true dual system using an X design Magnaflow Muffler and after the install I sprayed it flat black with high temperature paint. Hard to see it, now when it's black, even harder. I only want the tips to show. Am I strange or something?

As far as the ECU goes (I'll probably get a lot of flames for this, but here goes) I just don't trust or believe Chesbosto, or whatever his name is. He rants and raves about everyone who disagrees with him. He started a thread or at my350z that finally had to get shut down because of the flaming. I probably will mess with the ECU at some point, when the time is right, but not yet.

IMHO, at this time, the best bang for the buck is the Crawford Plenum. I put mine on last thursday, and it's awesome. Pulls strongly right up to redline. Best mod I've done. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Lou

Old 08-09-2003, 08:29 PM

i love the sound too, its not LOUD like those other exhausts. As for being polished, big deal, i could do it myself. The best part is the tips look like stock except bigger in diameter.
Hey Ramo, tell me if you notice the center console getting warmer than usual, speically in the cup holder behind the shifter. I dont know if its my imagination but it feels warmer than usual.
ENJOY
here's a pic

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

85479-DSC00572.JPG

Trending Topics

Old 08-09-2003, 08:30 PM

and another

03 G35 coupe SS (GD) 6spd everything but navi
02 QX4 pearl white
00 528 Silver on black

85480-DSC00575.JPG

Old 08-09-2003, 09:28 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Lowrider, I'm interested in the Crawford Plenum but not sure about fit or how it looks on the engine. Can you post pics and were you able to retain the engine cover with the new plenum?
Any clearance problems at all?
Where did you buy, and $$$$$? Thanks

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 08-09-2003, 10:00 PM

Lowrider, I hate to say it but I agree with you on the ECU. I am waiting for something better to come around. And waiting for a better looking Plenum. No offense I am sure it pulls harder, but the damn Crawford is ugly IMO.

Luv My G

Old 08-09-2003, 11:53 PM

Tsfano

You're right, the Crawford is not the best looking face on the block, but it does work (see the Crawford Plenum thread). On the "G", the stock engine cover does go back on (unlike the "Z". However, it does not sit flat, and there is a small gap between the bottom oil filler hole and the oil filler. Not that noticable. So, on a "G" at least it is covered. If you elect to get this mod, believe me you will not be dissapointed. It does what it says.

Old 08-10-2003, 12:12 AM

how much is the crawford plenum, and what kind of performance can i expect from it, plus where did you get it?

Old 08-10-2003, 12:47 AM

$500.00 price with exchange of old core.

Here: http://www.crawfordzcar.com/

No Flat spot abouve 4K RPM. Power is there up to redline, and when you shift it puts you back into the sweet spot where the plenum is still going it's thing. There really is no downside to this mod.

Lou

Old 08-10-2003, 01:18 AM

DID YOU INSTALL IT YOURSELF? DO YOU HAVE TO SEND IN YOURS FIRST BEFORE YOU RECIEVE THE NEW ONE?

Old 08-10-2003, 10:22 AM

1. Yes, I installed it myself - took about 2 hours, went slow. Some are claiming only a 1 hour install - I guess I'm slow.
2. No, Doug Stewart at Crawford is a very understanding guy. He sends you the modified plenum, you then remove and replace. He even arranges return shipping via UPS. You just need to stick his label on the box, reseal it and call UPS or bring it to a UPS store.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BORLA SOUNDS AWESOME!!!