Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Who has Nismo Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 02:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who has Nismo Exhaust?

Anyone have this one installed?
Was wondering what it sound and looked like?

"Use the Forced Induction Luke!"
-Jedi
2003 G35C, 6MT, Navi, Black Obsidian/Graphite

Old 11-20-2003, 10:03 PM
Re: Who has Nismo Exhaust?

Here is some stuff you may like to see / hear on the nismo exhaust.

In cabin sound clip of NISMO Cat Back Exhaust and Random Technology High Flow Cat's

*** VDC Is turned OFF that is not a CEL ***

SOUND CLIP standing Still from Out Side of the car The clip is Starting. Then Rev to 3000rpm and let it go back to idle. Then up to 6000rpm and go back down to 1k..

For this clip I am topping out 2nd and 3rd gear shifting into 4th. WOT, going up hill though ... Couldnt find an open street this afternoon. Ill try to get a freeway launch tonight along with an our side video of a drive by.

I will also do a video of the Dyno Pull when I get it dyno'ed this week.

I had my dyno pull after driving for an hour to get to Powertrain Dynamics. Talked for a while with a guy from down the row of shops. Laughing about things people came in with attached to their car's to try and make power. The funniest thing was a WEED WACKER as a blower!

Any way to the point of this. MY DYNO!

My car was warm from driving for an hour, out side temp was similar to the previous DYNO. On the same DYNO

Previous DYNO 11/01/03 = NISMO Cat Back Exhaust
Latest DYNO 11/18/03 = NISMO Cat Back Exhaust & Random Technology High Flow Cat's

11-01-03 = 241.4 Actual RWHP / 231.3 Actual Torque (ft-lbs)
11-17-03 = 248.0 Actual RWHP / 239.3 Actual Torque (ft-lbs)

Gain = 6.6 RWHP / 8 Torque

I am VERY pleased with the Torque gain down low and how the gain is across the full span of the powerband. I loose TQ and HP on the 6400 mark faster then with only the exhaust. I am hoping an intake of some kind will fix that.

It took me over 3 hours to drive home so I dont exactly feel like bending over my car and putting in the K&N Typhoon.

So! Soon to come, Typhoon Install (tommorow) and Dyno of the Typhoon added to this.

Below is the Pre / Post DYNO sheet and link to a video of the Dyno pull where you can really hear the exhaust in action up to 140+ MPH!

http://members.aol.com/performancenismo/dyno2.avi

Jason
AIM: PerformanceNISMO
Yahoo: MyNISMOParts
http://www.performancenissanparts.com

Old 11-20-2003, 11:21 PM

Jason, do you have the G35 coupe nismo exhaust available, or just for the 350z? I know the 350z can be made to fit with an extension, but I was just curious if you sell the one made for the G35 coupe.

2004 Black 6MT

Old 11-20-2003, 11:44 PM

We have the NISMO for the 350Z for $847. The only difference is a 3" more of pipe. The piece can easly be made. We will hopefully have them availbe in the next week or so. Any muffler shop can make the piece.

If the NISMO Exhaust is available from NISMO MOTOR SPORTS I would have known about it. If it is, it is probably imported and that is why I see it for 1600 bux! If that is the case, Id rather buy another 3" of pipe for a few dollars more and a couple of gaskets. Same exhaust other wize. And the pictures above look exactly the same to me.

If there is a nismo exhaust for the G35. I will call motor sports tommorow. But we are their largest distributer. We have everything NISMO before its out and know about it sooner.

Jason

Old 11-21-2003, 03:18 AM

Jason,

Excellence sound. Btw, my name is steven. The one that send you the picture on the Nismo intake.

g35mt

Old 11-21-2003, 08:10 AM

Hey Steven!

Thanks!

You will be hearing it in person soon

Well talk later.

Jason

Jason

Old 11-21-2003, 02:07 PM

Jason is a great guy! He is friendly with a fast response to email and very helpful. I bought a Z tube from him that he has on the site for only 70 bucks and a 2-4 dollar shipping fee. Thank you Jason.

BTW: let me know on the side makers.

Trending Topics

Old 11-21-2003, 02:24 PM

xenon,

i actually love their service too. i order nismo floor mat, intake, and some nismo accesorries from them, Jenny was great providing the service. Kinda nice to have a dealer that actually understand what are need are...performance and great prices.

g35mt

Old 11-21-2003, 11:02 PM

Hey!!

I accidently erased my emails and lost your email address. I tried to get the side markers but no luck so far. I am in the middle of closing some distro deals with a few other company's they may have something available and if they do I can get it!

We are now a JWT / Stop Tech / Brembo / JIC distributer. IF there is any product you want a quote on or just some info drop me an email performancenismo@aol.com

I am actually getting away from the computer for the weekend now to 11/23/03. Ill be back sunday night. But I will be checking it at random.

Thank you for the compliments!!!!! I try my best

Jason

Old 11-22-2003, 01:27 AM

InfinitiWholeSaleParts.com has the exhaust for $1,000