Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

$3.00 mod that will make HP/ and save your engine.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tony, Dennis . . . Help!

Old 03-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Florida G35 Club
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guy's

Its my fault, Iv not responded to this thread more because of family issues.
There is more to this mod than meets the eye, This mod will be close to A setup I used in NHRA drag racing. There is one more part to this that is not shown. IM working with Tony on this one, and it will be a slick setup that Motordyne will produce. It will make HP and will work with all mods. The PVC system is a good item and does many things to work with modern day engines. With some time and a trip to Calif., and working with Tony on testing.
This will be a must have for all use VQ owners. Just a hint!!
Controlling oil by the piston rings and valve guides. This setup will be very big in the FI word.
It will make HP in all engines. I wish I could say more. Time is all that is needed. Pasta

Old 03-05-2006, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dennis,

I trust all is well.

Old 03-05-2006, 09:33 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DP03
All I can tell you is look at lots of the theads that show LOTS of oil on low mileage cars. Mine included. I simply choose to eliminate that threat with no negative consequences (in my state, at least). Oil in the intake plenum is NOT GOOD FOR ANY ENGINE.
It was designed to go into your intake and get BURNED inside your combustion chamber. Crap stuck in your crankcase is ALOT worst then it being stuck in valley of your lower plenum.. just read that aloud and listen to yourself lol. And trust me if alot of oil was being burnt inside your combustion chamber you'll notice a very bad idle, hard starts, and black smoke comming out of the tail pipe. The gases comming out of your exhaust will tell you alot about how the engine is running. now how it is it that with the PCV system installed the car runs VERY clean but the very moment you disconnect the PCV system CO levels change.

DP03 just warning you that you may think its robbing HP and just some emission crap but careful because your damaging your engine in a long run. And I'm warning anyone else thats thinking of doing this. DONT. i would like you guys to find ONE engineering or tuner that'll disagree with me

Old 04-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
Location: Universe.Milkyway.Solarsystem.Earth.NorthAmerica.USA.FL.Tampa
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
man bumping this.... any new news?

I found it using the search to find a solution to a problem. I had to plug the search engine too ya know

Last edited by Foo_G; 04-13-2006 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
[QUOTE=Foo_G]man bumping this.... any new news?
QUOTE]

+1

Old 04-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The purge air comes in after the MAF and gets added back to the flow after the TB..........thus it's 100% metered [accounted for]. Venting it will cause a lean condition which hopefully can be corrected by O2 sensors.

Anyway the PCV doesn't work [pass fumes] at WOT just idle and cruise! Only works when there is a vacuum.
Super charged forces more oil vapor thru the system than designed for and overwhelms the PCV size calibration thus more oil vapor thus the need for auxillary catching devices...............most designs use a brush in the output hose to catch oil.

You are supposed to clean plenum/TB rear every 30k to remove build up.