Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Phresh DYNO on my Coupe by K & N ...... 12.27.200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 03:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Phresh DYNO on my Coupe by K & N ...... 12.27

I have a questoin.

And its a stupid question

What does CAI stand for? and What does it do? HP Increse?

Thanks.

..pestilence..

Old 01-24-2003, 03:25 PM

cold air intake..

helps your engine "breathe".. and therefore let's it run more efficiently.

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 01-24-2003, 10:50 PM

I just looked and I have the -2 filter in my coupe. Although it was a Beeatch to get in... it does fit with no cutting and no whistling that I remember. The -2 part number is the one on K&Ns website as well. They also list that part number for the 350Z.

Old 01-24-2003, 10:57 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

If memory serves, when I bought my K&N for the Sedan last spring, the parts manager said the -2 is a replacement for -1, and that they were the same. Not sure now. [img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gsedanman's Coupe

Old 01-25-2003, 10:34 AM
O.F. Administrator

I've just confirmed (with K&N) that the proper K&N air filter for the Coupe is: ..#33-2031-2.....
This is the same filter the dealer sold me for the Sedan which
I trasferred to the Coupe.....Thought you'd like to know.[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gsedanman's Coupe

Old 01-25-2003, 02:51 PM

I offer the K&N part #33-2031-2 for the G35 coupe and sedan. It retails for $61. my price is $43.00

Frank
CM Motorsports
949 453 1199

18497-g35specialheader.jpg

Old 01-25-2003, 04:06 PM

Do you think there will be any much difference between the already Stillen CAI and the soon to be K&N CAI?

Old 02-06-2003, 09:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe w/ K&N CAI

You know, after looking at the photo's on the Stillen site of the CAI being offered, although I am not allowed to say what they are, I think I am allowed to say that there will be some VERY serious differences between the Stillen & the K & N, MUCH in favor of the K & N. I am not allowed to discuss HP #'s, release dates, or design specs / parts. But I have seen it, it does exist, it will be WAY batter in my humble opinion & when it is released to the public the reasons it will be better will be quite obvious if what I saw in prototype makes it to production, no question. I know that does not really answer your question, but if I did say what the differences are, I would totally be disrespecting all the guys at K & N, & all the hard work they are doing & completely blow the relationship I have established, which I will in no way do. Now I know you were not asking me to do that, I'm just offering it up, as I have pretty much said / scanned / posted everything I am allowed to say. But.... If you can be just a little patient, I believe it will be worth the wait, & I would also wager to say there is a reason it is taking them longer, these guys are not lazy, not slow, & are one of the top names in the industry. They already had prototype Coupes before we had Coupes in dealerships. Keep that in mind. One thing I think I could say though, that seems to be a difference that I think I can mention, the Stillen is for any G35, Coupe or Sedan. The K & N is being hand designed JUST for the Coupe, 100%. Now there is something else I could say about it, as pertains to the sedan, but then I would be getting into design discussion & breaking my promise. Again, I say, if you can wait, just be patient...

Randy

Old 02-06-2003, 10:28 PM

JUST for the coupe? or do you mean one for the coupe and one for the sedan? i don't wanna miss out on the K&N just cuz i don't have a coupe..

will this or any CAI for that matter void the warranty?

'03 G35 Sedan: ivory/aero body/sport/sunroof
Warning: Objects in mirror are FASTER than they appear

Old 02-06-2003, 10:38 PM
O.F. Administrator

Hey Randy, Thanks for staying in touch. We're still looking forward to K&N's CAI piece. Keep us up on what's happening. Look forward to hearing more...[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Gsedanman's Coupe

Old 02-07-2003, 12:58 AM

Sounds like K&N are making something similar to AEM CAI Version 2, on just an Integra is was making like 12.5 HP @ Wheels and 8 Torque.... might check out AEM's CAI 2 designed...

Old 02-07-2003, 11:47 AM

Thanks, for all the info socal. Do us sedan guys a favor and next time you meet with the K&N guys, tell them that there is definately a market out there for CAI's for G35 Sedans.

Thanks.

Old 02-23-2003, 07:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
G35 Coupe w/ K&N CAI

You are welcome G35Lakers...
I will tell you this, there will ultimately also be something for the sedan as a result of the development of the model for the Coupe. It will not be quite the same, but it should still give the Sedan guys an option as well.

For what it's worth I have seen some of these other models, like the Injen, etc.. Now I am speaking only for the Coupe here, but for those that CAN wait, I say wait, as the K & N model, if what I saw, which was a locked design at the time, makes it into production, then it will be a MUCH better unit, & the reasons will be READILY, visibly apparent (I just can't wait for you guys to see what they have been up to). It's getting closer, I spoke with my engineer guy down there a couple of weeks back, & they are interested to have me come down again & they will do a final fit test soon, & if that unit fits, then I will get to drive home with it, & that would mean they will be ready to sell for the public. I also read the above response about the AEM & the #'s they get. Encouraging huh?? Obviously I am still not allowed to say re: the K & N, but I think I can comment that the AEM #'s are VERY reasonable.. Hehehhehe!!!

I'll keep you guys apprised as promised....

gsedanman: I am also going to answer your ? from the other topic in here if that's ok, as I am in a bit of a rush today. In short, there will be no changes to sensors or electronics. The K & N design will be completely smog compliant, & I think I can say this much, they have gone to great lengths to maintain a factory level of integration. So there will be PRECISE fit ports for various sensors, etc. It will be like, well, hell like, it IS made just for this car, 100% from scratch from the ground up as it were & it's custom. As above there are also some things about it, that will CLEARLY set it apart from the competition & once you can see it, it will be VERY obvious why that is. Don't get me wrong the Injen looks nice, & should be a nice unit, but this will have a clear & obvious edge over any other design I have seen from anyone else yet, & no I am not making an inference to the K & N filter, that obviously is a unique factor for their design as well, but this will yet still be something else. Geesh, I really wish I could just dish for you guys, but it will be worth the wait, as opposed to just plunking down for something else now. Just remember, sometimes being the 1st company out of the gate, does come at a cost. You will have tended to rush to get to market & it's fair to say, your overall design might not be as comprehensive as someone who takes their time. K & N is taking their time & for good reasons... Once this is to market, I will follow up with some great details about this product & the experience. Lot's of fun.

They are indeed getting close guys... Just a little longer...
All my best....
Randy

Old 02-23-2003, 08:10 PM
O.F. Administrator

Thanks Randy, Talk soon dude. Any more news, let us know.
L8r bro.........[img]/w3timages/icons/smile.gif[/img]

<font color=red>Gsedanman</font color=red>

Old 02-23-2003, 09:32 PM

Gosh darn it...Hurry up! I want a CAI!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Phresh DYNO on my Coupe by K & N ...... 12.27.200