Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Dynos with Crawford Cats and HKS Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 11:53 AM
Mod Junky!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dynos with Crawford Cats and HKS Exhaust?

Does anyone have any dynos with these mods? I would prefer one with the revup engine MT if possible. I am just trying to see if its worth it to drop 500 on the crawfords

Old 03-07-2006, 03:31 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I would wait until Motordyne's test pipes come out. They are going to be different from any test pipe out there. The crawfords have been known to go bad.

Old 03-07-2006, 03:54 PM
The crawfords may have gone bad for whom? You may have heard an isolated incident or two but I assure you they were replaced free of charge unless there were user errors. That is bad info! Crawfords are great cats although the dyno info I have never seen. Test pipes have a whole other world of issues but each user will weight these things accordingly. Can you even pass emmissions with test pipes?

Old 03-07-2006, 04:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
nooooo not the crawford product debate again!

Old 03-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't know, but after driving a 468ci big-block, carb'd '55 Chevy Bel Air street rod for a couple of years, I have no desire to increase my emmissions. I used to genuinely feel sorry for people who were behind me at a light with those bumper-high pipes blasting away at their faces. You'd expect that sort of thing out of a classic street rod, but not out of a clean-looking G. And the gains over Crawford cats don't seem significant enough for me to go completely without cats.

Old 03-07-2006, 04:30 PM
It may start a debate but what else is there to do...really tho - someone needs to speak out when misinformation is out there. Perhaps he meant the Kinetix cats were having reliability issues as I remember that from a couple of years ago, but again heard later that those issues were resolved. The two items are probably never even cross shopped as they do things quite differently as GT RON mentioned. Nothing like a sulphuric smell coming from your luxury car...

Old 03-07-2006, 05:25 PM
crawfords gone bad? whennn

Trending Topics

Old 03-07-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by Diesel350
I would wait until Motordyne's test pipes come out. They are going to be different from any test pipe out there. The crawfords have been known to go bad.
test pipes are test pipes....pretty hard to invent something new w/ them.

Originally Posted by SixFive
The crawfords may have gone bad for whom? You may have heard an isolated incident or two but I assure you they were replaced free of charge unless there were user errors. That is bad info! Crawfords are great cats although the dyno info I have never seen. Test pipes have a whole other world of issues but each user will weight these things accordingly. Can you even pass emmissions with test pipes?
stop buring your head in teh sand

they have just as many problems as kinetix has had in the past

i found 8 different posts on crawford cats crackign/blowing out on my350z w/o having to spend any time looking.

Get out of the crawford circle jerk

Old 03-07-2006, 05:36 PM
That's seven posts that were not there when I bought my cats. I don't keep researching after the purchase but certainly noticed that the crap kinitex was putting out wasn't touching my car - i guess your just a bit bitter there after getting inferior quality.

If you have to go to my 350 to find bad cats then I guess you have no point. 350's are way more modded and there are way more of them...while Im in the sand I have the best cats money can buy and you have kinietix LOL

Old 03-07-2006, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by SixFive
That's seven posts that were not there when I bought my cats. I don't keep researching after the purchase but certainly noticed that the crap kinitex was putting out wasn't touching my car - i guess your just a bit bitter there after getting inferior quality.

If you have to go to my 350 to find bad cats then I guess you have no point. 350's are way more modded and there are way more of them...while Im in the sand I have the best cats money can buy and you have kinietix LOL
I just researched a few weeks ago for my purchase ^_^

But the results not meaning anything because 350z are more modded, yea, i'm certain there's a huge difference in the a stock g35 and stock 350z, both with just cats and plenum, heh

Anyways, I'm satisfied with my choice; kinetix revised their design to address the cracking problems and I havn't heard of anybody running into problems w/ the re-design, just the old ones that are still floating around out there.

I don't really care which brand you go with, my main problem is the people who hump the **** out of Crawford treating their producst like they're god like and anything else is **** and will break.

Old 03-07-2006, 08:23 PM