Intake & Exhaust Questions and info regarding various aftermatket exhaust systems for the G35 (Headers,Y-Pipes, and Cat-Back Systems)

Injen SES & Test Pipes done *VIDEO INSIDE* I HATE IT!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 05:39 PM
<--12 More Years

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Injen SES & Test Pipes done *VIDEO INSIDE* I HATE IT!

Ok finally, I had the exhaust done. I got it as a gift, and installed it. It sounds amazing I love it, especially under 3Krpms it is a deep low sound, and above 3Krpms is really loud but still nice. I had it installed for about 2 weeks now, but im been thinking of taking down from the car. The damn thing has my car full of fiberglass, everywhere How can Injen market such a expensive product and make it faulty. On top of that, their Customer Service sucks and they keep giving me the round around about replacing it. I Know, I know, and I knew too of their fiberglass problem before installing it, but hey it was free I had to give it a try (maybe I would get lucky). Supposely it didnt have the fiberglass issue, just my luck. It had it.

So what am I to do now? I love the exhaust note, but I really hate the fiberglass. I like to keep my car clean, and this is not helping, 5 mins after a car wash it just gets dirty again. I can't even drive my G with my windows down anymore becuase it gets inside the car too. Hello I have an exhaust because I want to hear the damn thing with my windows down.
What do you guys think? take it down and throw it on the garbage, or learn to live with it?
I'm taking it down, the fiberglass just sucks. It looks like a laser red metallic bumper.

I called Injen and they told me to send them pictures, and if it was faulty they told me they would replace it. Then they ask me for a recipt which I explain to them I dont have becuase it was a gift. Now they dont want to answer my e-mails. -----ANY IDEAS---- guys/girls on how to solve the situation?
I want to keep the exhaust on, but only if I can fix this problem?

Does anybody know somebody at Injen that really cares about their product?
Hopefully he/she doesn't give me the round around and takes care of the issue.

Also does anybody happends to know which section of the SES system is the one that causes the problem? Im to the point where I would take it down and split in half, to remove whatever is causing it.
I also tought of taking down the car to a muffler shop and have them custom build a piece to replace whatever piece it is that is causing the problem with the SES. I just don't know what piece causes the fiberglass problem, and of course Injen doesn't want to tell me...

Finally here are the sound clips, sorry about the quality (cellphone camera)

Before:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B5D42EBC-878B-4EE1-96B0-D59AF487975C.htm

After:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C65CC3E2-7F6F-46BD-B9C8-6E8CFB747289.htm

The only other mod i have done to the car is the Injen CAI, also attached are some pictures of the fiberglass problem for those of you who haven't seen it.

GUYS/GIRLS DO YOURSELF A FAVOR IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY AN EXHAUST, GET THE HKS, DON'T THROW YOUR MONEY IN THE GARBAGE WITH A INJEN EXHAUST

Attached Thumbnails Injen SES &amp; Test Pipes done *VIDEO INSIDE*  I HATE IT!-e1.jpg   Injen SES &amp; Test Pipes done *VIDEO INSIDE*  I HATE IT!-e2.jpg   Injen SES &amp; Test Pipes done *VIDEO INSIDE*  I HATE IT!-e3.jpg  
Old 05-06-2006, 05:51 PM
<--12 More Years

Ohh and I washed my car the day before taking this pictures

Old 05-06-2006, 05:56 PM
THE BATMOBILE
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that sucks.........supposidly they took care of that problem but apparently not

Old 05-07-2006, 12:29 AM
what type of injen exaust? i am waiting for the new injen ses track edition. was you injen brand new or was it from another car with the problem? i hope this isn't going to happen with mine. i have been waiting for a while. thinking of paying the extra $ for hks but wanted to be different. what would you guys do? i mean an extra $500 is alot hoping yo use that money for hi flo or test pipes.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:17 AM
It's not the critic......
Sorry to hear about your troubles RedG. I have the Injen (bought in early 2005) and did have a very small glass problem in the beginning (nothing like yours!). The rear end would get a little "sparkly"; hardly noticable since the diamond graphite color has metal flake. But nothing would come inside the car and it stopped after a couple of months. I don't have any more glass on the back end (the glass problem should eventually stop, since there is only so much of the stuff in there).

I too love the sound!

shooter

Old 05-07-2006, 01:46 AM
<--12 More Years

Originally Posted by teabag
what type of injen exaust? i am waiting for the new injen ses track edition. was you injen brand new or was it from another car with the problem? i hope this isn't going to happen with mine. i have been waiting for a while. thinking of paying the extra $ for hks but wanted to be different. what would you guys do? i mean an extra $500 is alot hoping yo use that money for hi flo or test pipes.

This one is not the new edition, It was bought on December 2005 for X-Mas. Supposely the problem was fixed way before that. Their new exhaust was totally redone becuase of the bad rep and problem with the current one. But still though if I was paying for one I wouldn't definately get the Injen, their Customer service sucks and they dont back up their products. Look at me still trying to fix the damn thing. Spend your money on something that works without any problems, that way you dont have to spend it twice.

Old 05-07-2006, 01:49 AM
<--12 More Years

Originally Posted by shooter
(the glass problem should eventually stop, since there is only so much of the stuff in there).

I too love the sound!

shooter

I hope so,,I really wanna keep it, but not like this.

Does anybody know what section of the exhaust is the one that causes the problem?

Old 05-08-2006, 11:48 AM
o Fack!

Old 05-09-2006, 04:10 PM
<--12 More Years

Ok I need a purchase receipt for them to swap my exhaust, please can anybody share one. I promise to change all the personal info....PLEASEEEE SOMEBODY!!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow!! That is insane!! I never knew that Injen Exhaust had these kind of problems. And why do they need a receipt??? There is an obvious problem here and they should just fix it or replace your exhaust. Thanks gawd I went with HKS!! It is worth every penny. Good luck bro.

Old 05-09-2006, 05:36 PM
<--12 More Years

Angry

Originally Posted by Hexxum001
Wow!! That is insane!! I never knew that Injen Exhaust had these kind of problems. And why do they need a receipt??? There is an obvious problem here and they should just fix it or replace your exhaust. Thanks gawd I went with HKS!! It is worth every penny. Good luck bro.

Yeah thats the same thing I said, and they even reconized the problem. Now, after I waited for months for supposely for the problem to go away, they want a receipt.

Old 05-11-2006, 12:01 PM
Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts
just get the credit card statement from whoever gifted it to you... Most companies will accept that in lieu of the actual invoice/receipt.

Old 05-11-2006, 01:57 PM
i have been waiting a while for the new injen ses track edition exaust but this thread has made me rethink to go with hks. hks is coming in next week

Old 05-11-2006, 07:50 PM
<--12 More Years

Originally Posted by teabag
i have been waiting a while for the new injen ses track edition exaust but this thread has made me rethink to go with hks. hks is coming in next week

you won't regret it for just saving a few bucks...

Old 06-21-2006, 02:44 PM
the new track edition is out bro, if you like the sound of the injen look into the new system.