Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

B Pillar Removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 07:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B Pillar Removal

Does anyone know how to get the cover off the B pillars? I have had a rattle in there for a while and the dealership never fixes it. From what I hear, it sounds like something is swinging into the B-pillar (maybe the seatbelt coil or something else, I don’t really know). But I figured that if I could see in there I could put a piece of sponge or something to dampen the impact. I am embarrassed when this happens and I have friends in the car. Thanks for the responses, this if for a coupe.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Take a flathead screwdriver and lift the little plastic flap where the seat belt holder is bolted into the b-pillar. There is a screw under there (I think it's 14mm). Just unscrew.

Above that, you'll see an airbag SRS tab that you can pry off. Under that, there is a screw that you can take off with a longer screwdriver. After that, it should just snap off (pull straight back) with a little effort.

The plastic finisher that covers the B pillar also goes all the way back to the rear deck. I would just leave it hooked in as much as possible as it's somewhat difficult to get it back in and you can break some tabs rather easily.

You might also make sure that the noise is coming from the B pillar and not the c-pillar where there is a little black plastic box that vibrates against some of the airbag tubes. There was a TSB on this a while back. I had that problem and so did a bud.

If you have any other questions, pm me as I don't visit this forum very often.

Old 12-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
just pull the thing off! it only clips in....

Old 12-19-2006, 01:24 PM
lol, So one person says screws and one person says pop in tabs which is it.

Old 12-19-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally Posted by bambam26
lol, So one person says screws and one person says pop in tabs which is it.
Once you get the upper (lighter colored) plastic finisher off, then you can pull the bottom panel off by just pulling straight out.

I wouldn't tug (without unscrewing the screws) on the upper panel without nismo g's willingness to re-imburse you for the panel...

How about a little effort on your part? Pull off the tabs and see for yourself. If there are screws, you have your answer.

Old 12-20-2006, 05:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ah! not to jack this thread but does anyone know how to take out the rear quarter panel on the passenger side, my friend spilled coffee back there and it got into the little holes

Old 12-21-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Ferrarimanic360
ah! not to jack this thread but does anyone know how to take out the rear quarter panel on the passenger side, my friend spilled coffee back there and it got into the little holes
You'll have to do the above and remove the rear seat bottom (there are two tabs right in the front middle of each seat. Pull straight up and it'll release.)

You might be able to get to the spill without removing the rear seat back but if you have to remove it, there are 4 14mm screws that hold it at each side. You'll be able to see them as soon as you pull the rear seat out. If you have the coupe, there will be a wire for the seat back fold down that you'll have to disconnect if you want to remove it from the car.