Notices
Interior & Exterior Exterior Modifications ; Interior Modifications ; Lighting ; Gauges and More
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:53 PM
fgc moderator
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by boostinmr2
YOU ARE FRIGGEN CLUELESS! The body shop is taking you out on a ride! Not only that, they are telling you it's 12 hours to the prep work on a front bumper and claiming that this kit is thin? Have you seen a Kenstyle AUTHENTIC kit? The authentic kit is about 1/2 to 1/3 the thickness and MORE see through then this product. The transparancy of the product does NOT denote that it's a poor product. Transparancy simply means that the product does not have enough white pigmentation in the gelcoat (note I say pigmentation because it's just color, it doesn't mean there's not enough gel coat, just not enough color).

PLEASE EDUCATE YOURSELF prior to making assumptions.

Please tell you body shop they are the biggest *** reamers in the world, and next time to use vaseline prior to going up the back end of customers. Put blame where blame should be put.
i could see 12 hrs of work for a kit that has extra lips left as well as pieces missing. also a kit that chunks off in front of you and has holes in it. should i keep listing the problems i saw with dans kit?

edit: here you go since pics are worth a 1000 words...

Last edited by w0ady; 03-07-2007 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
(serious reply here...)

perhaps klumzyee and greddysetgo get their replica kits from the same manufacturer, but perhaps they use different mold? i don't know how else to explain how my friend's ks rear with cf center has perfect fitment (he put that on hiimself in those pics, and i think he drilled the holes - aka fitted it - now).

is it possible that you got a bad mold? my friend is in no way a professional and yet he got his fiberglass ks rear to go on without any problems. the only reasons i can think of for this is that either you got a bad mold (if greddysetgo and klumzyee do in fact use the same mold) or they both use different molds. how else can you explain my friend's perfect fitting ks rear vs your not-so-perfect rear?
Your friend's bumper and this guy's bumper came from teh same mold. There is another mold that does not fit well, and it is not from Import Trenz. I bet you $100 that if this guy tries to slip on the pieces on his own, he will see that they are 95%+ fitting (same as your friend's. no one is 100%). This guy's main gripe is quality about being able to see light through it. That is a moot point as it is simply coloring of the gelcoat. His other problem is that he got charged $$$$$ from his body shop for the prep. I could have referred him to a shop in Florida (Jacksonville or Gainsville) that could have done the job just as well with a quoted 3 hours prep MAX per piece with the same outcome. How do I know? I've sent numerous cars out to these places and the outcome is always good.

Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
considering you got this kit from greddysetgo, i'm just trying to defend klumzyee since he really isnt involved in your particular situation so it isnt fair to him.

okay, so let's say that greddysetgo and klumzyee get it from the same manufacturer and mold...perhaps klumzyee filters his kits and doesnt allow the poor fitting ones to be sold? i'm just trying to figure out why my friend's ks rear and your ks rear are so different if in fact they are from the same manu/mold. now, if you bought the ks rear straight from klumzyee, i could understand...but i know klumzyee would take care of it...

note: (1) i'm posing serious questions and not flaming you. (2) ive never done business with danny so i cant comment on him and his business but ive met him and hes a nice guy (3) ive done business with eric and he made sure i was happy with my product. i told him i would let him know asap if my skirts didnt fit (i was at the shop when they were fitting them - btw, the shop was VERY impressed with how well the skirts fit that they gave me some money back because they didnt have to do as much work as they though to fit them).
Let me tell you what the problem is. Everyone has their own definition of perfect and good fitment. I highly suspect that California shops and other areas that have done body kits will tell you that these kits fit well and while other shops that don't do a lot of frp body kits for imports and the such will tell you straight out that this is the worst kit they've seen on the planet. Take it from someone who's seen it all, this is a pretty good kit.

Last edited by boostinmr2; 03-07-2007 at 10:01 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Never enough
I wont go any further but I can tell you my shop and many others wont even touch these kits. Body shops have learned the hard way. You get what you pay for! The G isnt a Civic just yet.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Stop sugar coating your **** poor product and man up. I saw dan's kit and it was complete crap. Damn thing had a freakin hole in it!! You have done nothing (literally, you have ignored his repeated attempts to get a hold of you) to rectify this and amicably resolve this matter with dan. Instead you have decided to attack him...through a different screen name nonetheless. Pffffft.

You want to talk about different definitions, your definition of "a pretty good kit" is laughable.

Take your bush league product off these boards and STFU

Last edited by g8tor20; 03-07-2007 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:09 PM
FGC President
Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 PM
FGC President
you know i only asked for 200 back and i thought that was very reasonable and i would have been a happy customer, but you choose not to help.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:12 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by SFLG35
nevermind i see now your aim name says it all
importtrendz

the biggest pos i have ever bought. your fitment is horrible and i hope no one ever buys from you again
lol, oh what a lil bit of quick researchin can reveal

Last edited by Calvin; 03-07-2007 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:15 PM
FGC President
how about this
you want to make me a happy customer and prove that your kit isnt crap why dont you send me a complete new one and ill have it put on the car and see how that one fits.

its not that the kit was so thin its all the air pockets that were underneath the gelcoat. i still have bubbles coming up and the kit has been sanded preped and painted over 5 times already

Old 03-07-2007, 10:19 PM
FGC President
i also find it funny that your name is boostinmr2
because danny has one as well and its on his site. www.int-auto.com
you know i havent seen him postin a while and look who pops up.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:20 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
For $200 bucks, you could have made an angry customer happy and this would have been put to bed. Instead, you stood strong (ie. hiding behind the cloak of the internet to ignore every attempt dan made to contact you) and I hope this thread comes up in every search to prospective buyers of your products. You only have yourself to blame in making this issue a mountain out of the proverbial molehill.

Enjoy...........

Old 03-07-2007, 10:24 PM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is very sad to read. sorry for the headache man, hope it works out. stuff like this ruins it for the other vendors too. not a good way to run a business.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by GXCLUSIV
Now, you need to be very careful driving with KS bumper, it protrudes to much outwards, so with a lowered G its pretty low, very good chance it will get damage. Authentic KS kits are plastic reinforced fiberglass, so it can withstand a pretty good hit. Most replicas are just straight fiberglass, and will damage easily. So watch-out for bumps and steep driveways. Lucky for me, Im on air-suspension, raising the bumper manually, helps me protect the bodykit. ......... Good luck
Please stop spreading heresay and this and that...none of this i heard from xyz person so it must be true. DON'T SPEAK ON THE FORUMS IF YOU ARE NOT 100% SURE of the validity.

FRP stands for Fiber Reinforced Plastic.

Fiberglass is the fiber portion of FRP. We say fiberglass as it's less cryptic than FRP.

Resin is the "Plastic" in the FRP. Without resin, a sheet of fiberglass cloth cannot take shape. The fiberglass gives structural strength/integrity to the "plastic" (resin). One without the other would be incomplete.

Everyone got it? Fiberglass is FRP. FRP is fiberglass. PFRP is still fiberglass. It is simply a different mixture of resin (most likely they use a vinylester resin rather than polyester. I don't want to get into this matter right now...too much to explain.) Companies like Ing's +1 use the term PFRP to describe the vinylester based products they sell. Theoretically, this stuff is more flexible than regular FRP - well atleast it is advertised to be. I invite people with Hybrid Aero / AKA PFRP to try and twist their products as they are advertised to be able to do...What you will find is that they are NOT flexible- why not you ask? I don't know, but suspect it to be a chemical mixture that is still not flexible enough in the cured state.

There. That is the REAL explanation of FRP, PFRP, and fiberglass.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally Posted by G352NV
With knock offs you get waves like the ocean along with bad fitment. I can see 12 hours prep fit and finish. But Hey what do I know I do this stuff all day long!
You sire, are right about waves. That is something QC must do, perhaps Eric or whoever sells it. Even better- the manufacture should QC it...

Old 03-07-2007, 10:36 PM
FGC President
i love how you avoid all the solutions posted

why dont you stop attacking other members and posting things that have nothing to do with the problem.

Last edited by SFLG35; 03-07-2007 at 10:48 PM.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by boostinmr2
Your friend's bumper and this guy's bumper came from teh same mold. There is another mold that does not fit well, and it is not from Import Trenz. I bet you $100 that if this guy tries to slip on the pieces on his own, he will see that they are 95%+ fitting (same as your friend's. no one is 100%). This guy's main gripe is quality about being able to see light through it. That is a moot point as it is simply coloring of the gelcoat. His other problem is that he got charged $$$$$ from his body shop for the prep. I could have referred him to a shop in Florida (Jacksonville or Gainsville) that could have done the job just as well with a quoted 3 hours prep MAX per piece with the same outcome. How do I know? I've sent numerous cars out to these places and the outcome is always good.

Let me tell you what the problem is. Everyone has their own definition of perfect and good fitment. I highly suspect that California shops and other areas that have done body kits will tell you that these kits fit well and while other shops that don't do a lot of frp body kits for imports and the such will tell you straight out that this is the worst kit they've seen on the planet. Take it from someone who's seen it all, this is a pretty good kit.
from my understanding, dan called danny/importtrenz multiple times about this. how come no one ever picked up or returned his phone calls/PMs? that would have been a perfect time to suggest a body shop...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kenstyle Kit By Import Trendz